Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanish ftw? a player outplayed the devs.

Hey fellas, it's the doc. Been a while since I've made a real post but this one's a hum-dinger. I believe I've found the single mechanic that causes stealth and vanish to break inexplicably.

I'm sure you've all experienced being un-stealthed while near another rogue without actually being attacked, or of course, your vanish has been broken- not by an incoming attack landing inappropriately due to latency but seemingly for no reason whatsoever.

Any rogue worth their salt understands that the vanish bug isn't completely an issue of latency, and that theres more dimensions to the bug than just those damn auto-swings. The problem is, no one seems to be able to reliably re-create the mechanic behind the faulty ability. Sure, we can demonstrate on video vanish breaking- but again people can always argue latency is the problem.

Well folks, heres a little science experiment you can do to demonstrate the very core of the issue, and it's quite simple.

Have another rogue sap you. Have him stay in your visible range, preferably right in front of you but so long as they're visible, this should work. Now, while you are incapacitated, you can remove his stealth simply by sending a copious amount of combat pulses. These are initiated from every offensive attack, so spamming hemorrhage, blind, feint if it suits your fancy- or even spamming your right mouse button to initiate an auto attack will work. These pulses will remove the offending rogues stealth, all the while you're sapped.

*Edit for clarification.

Two important notes to this experiment, this bug is as reliable to recreate as a vanish bug itself. It may take several attempts. The other important detail is which abilities you choose to put into the macro; they must be abilities that can land within the distance and direction you are facing the rogue. IE, adding Backstab to the macro if the rogue is facing you will not cause any pulse from that ability. I think this is due to the pulses not being received by the enemy player if they do not pass the range/direction checks the server performs.

Please, try it yourself. Post your results, your experiences. I believe this to be the core of the vanish issue- those invisible pulses sent to and fro from the server. Like when an enemy player is most likely spamming an ability (Lets say, a ranged attack?) but it doesn't go off because you vanished first- and rightfully so, that vanish should work. However, that ranged attack being spammed is still sending those ever elusive combat pulses. Your auto-swings send them too, as do pets and the like. I feel compelled to address this issue much more thoroughly and have been planning to so, I'll refine this post after it gains a few pages. This is just a rough draft but it's such big news that I had to get this post out as soon as I could.

Guys, this is the core of the issue. The developers won't be able to ignore such blatant silly mechanics after this gets around.

Updates, after further testing it seems the best way to incur a result is to make a macro of three separate melee abilities. Also, inexplicably, I can only incur the unstealthing after the 5-second period in the sap. So far, no rogues I've tested this with have become unstealthed the first five seconds of sap. The reason this doesn't make sense besides the obvious, is all those times being close to another rogue (who's spamming cheapshot/sap) in stealth immediately takes you out on the first pass. This doesn't happen often, but each time I've experienced the random-unstealthing issue before it was at the beggining of a duel.

Also, everyone crediting me with finding this, I've gotta split the credit right down the middle with Spree (Daggerspine)/Staticz (Tichondrius)/Boyzz (Underbog). He transfers allot.Cool dude, deserves buhtsekz imo.

I'll post more tomorrow.
    You can also try to reproduce it by doing following:

1. Have two Rogues start a duel.
    2. Have them both go into stealth.
    3. Have Rogue A get close enough to Rogue B so that he can see Rogue B.
    4. Have Rogue A target Rogue B. (Rogue B MUST be targeted.)
    5. Have Rogue A unstealth.
    6. Rogue B will be automatically pulled out of stealth 7 seconds later.
    * Not sure if they fixed it or not.

Vanish ftw? a player outplayed the devs.
    Zyst's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy shit, I just posted this on the rogue forums, thank you so much =D
    Hello, I just wanted to remind YOU that you just wasted 5-10 seconds of your life reading my signature HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

minifss's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is idd working, and blizzard is working on it. Atleast the blues says so.

Zyst's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah "Blizzard has been working on it for 3 years, and still, vanish doesn't work (kthx)
    Hello, I just wanted to remind YOU that you just wasted 5-10 seconds of your life reading my signature HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Kazemekazi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copy pasta, but still good info.

Xeh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good to see someone get back at blizz, lol

xunmadex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ummmmmm whos cares?

Edmutt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice that you had it in [*code] [*/code]
    I throw up @ Leechers who tries to be funny.
    If you have an tehepic thread or post I will +rep you. I hope you do the same.

Zyst's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xunmadex View Post
    ummmmmm whos cares?
    :yuck: Rogues do! noob

l1nk3's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. But whats the use of it?

shorty6boy1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a april fool or what?
    Really can't get this to work. I know it has happened tho, laods of tiimes..when I was sapped and the other way, but not due 2 hemo spam:P