0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mysql cannot connect

I'm having an issue with connecting to my server through Navicat. My wow server is version 7.2.0. When I run "MySqlStarter" I get a black box that pops up and goes away and I see in my task manager "mysqld.exe" but when I try to connect through navicat I get the error "2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)" Which means to me that Mysql isnt running, but it is.
    Here's the thing. I also have a 3.3.5 server that uses "Jeuties Repack Control" and that works on navi and I can edit stuff. I just can't seem to get this working for the legion one. I have even tried installing MySQL server and that didnt seem to change anything. I've done my time on google searching any possible soloutions but sadly, nothing.
    Just wondering if anyone here has any idea.:confused::confused:

Mysql cannot connect
    RobertoSageto's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah man, from my experience, usually you have a competing mySQL server/service operating on the same port when this happens.

Close all your WoW server applications so you can tell which MySQL service is the once currently running. Go to (I'm assuming you're using windows, as I have had this same problem) Control Panel >> System >> Administrative Tools >> Services and then locate the other version of mySQL (should be under MySQL X.XX). The one that is in status "Started" should be the one you can stop, once stopped you should be able to use the server repack's alternate MySQL install without encountering this error.

Eg. I had MySQL 5.5 installed locally on windows for my local PHP dev environment. I have to manually stop the MySQL5.5 service so I can run the Blizz-like AlterWoW Repack I have installed.