Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trinity 3.3.5 WoW Server - Login Issues

Hi everyone,

I'm Maxotaur and am new to the ownedcore forums. Essentially, I am trying to start up a Wrath of the Lich King private server for my friends and me to play on. I used the following two youtube videos in order to attempt to get the ball rolling:
    1. HOW TO CREATE A WORLD OF WARCRAFT PRIVATE SERVER! - (UPDATED) - YouTube
    2. How to make your WoW TrinityCore Private Server Public - YouTube

I can login to my server locally, but am having issues connecting from a different computer. I have downloaded the following programs and files in order to get my server up and running:
    • HeidiSQL
    • Ac-Web Repack V-0.7 64bit
    • dbc
    • maps
    • vmaps
    • mmaps
    • Warmane's Wrath of the Lich King Game Files

After having downloaded all of these programs/files, I went to noip.com and created a host linked to my external IP address. Next, I went to my router settings to conduct some Port Forwarding, and did so for the following:
    BOTH TCP/UDB 80 - 80
    BOTH TCP/UDB 3036 - 3036
    BOTH TCP/UDB 3306 - 3306
    BOTH TCP/UDB 3724 - 3724
    BOTH TCP/UDB 6112 - 6112
    BOTH TCP/UDB 6881 - 6999
    BOTH TCP/UDB 8050 - 8050
    BOTH TCP/UDB 8093 - 8093
    BOTH TCP/UDB 8129 - 8129
    Next, I moved the extracted dbc, maps, vmaps, and mmaps files into the Repack's folder path (Ac-Web Repack V-0.7 64bit\Core\data). Within HeidiSQL I have changed the auth realmlist to the servegame.com host I created on noip.com. Within the worldserver file I created two accounts, both of which I can successfully log into from the host computer.

On my second computer, I have downloaded the same Wotlk files from Warmane. I also have updated the realmlist file to include the external IP address from my host computer. However, when I attempt to log in from this computer it says that it is unable to connect.

Any thoughts on steps I may have missed? Any troubleshooting help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Maxotaur

Trinity 3.3.5 WoW Server - Login Issues
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are running Windows make sure those ports are open on the windows firewall.

I don't know what emulator you are running, but you must set the realm up to listen on a host address as well. It is probably still set to localhost at the moment.

For Mangos/TrinityCore this is in the database, a realmlist table. For ArcEmu, it is in the world config file I believe.

You will need to setup three different realms that all login to the same gameserver/worldserver depending on where you are logging in from:

1) localhost -- so that you can login from the host computer
    2) LocalIpAddress -- so that you can login from LAN
    3) ExternalIpAddress -- So that you can login from anywhere

Within HeidiSQL I have changed the auth realmlist to the servegame.com host I created on noip.com
    This will be pointing to your external IP address as you said. I'm surprised then that you can login from the host computer - maybe Mangos/TC have updated to handle this automatically now.

Is your second computer on the same network? You will need to connect with the internal address of the computer rather than the external. You can find this out by typing into command prompt::
    Code:
    ipconfig
    Usually it follows the form of:
    Code:
    192.168.xx.xx

3. Thanks Maxotaur (1 members gave Thanks to stoneharry for this useful post)
    Maxotaur's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it to work locally. Thanks a million for your help.