Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Historical Spell Training Costs

Ola! C'est moi, Mimmil the Murloc!

I am trying to verify the base trainer costs for spells in patch 1.12.x. I want to cross reference as many sources as possible. I suspect that some "blizzlike" databases may have this information incorrect.

Unfortunately through the ravages of time I have misplaced some of my book collection; I still have a copy of the World of Warcraft Official Strategy Guide, first edition (2004).

Discounts

I understand from research that the only reputation discount that should be available is 10%, but some vanilla servers are making use of the 2.x scaling model; 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%.

Should reputation even grant a discount on spell training costs? I cannot find any historical information that supports the idea.

Costings

Let us look at Revenge, Rank 4, a warrior spell. The cost to learn this spell is;

• According to the official strategy guide, 3g 30s.
    • According to some vanilla servers, 3g 40s.
    • According to this wiki, 3g 6s.
    • According to this community forum thread, 3g 40s.
    • According to cmangos/classic-db, spell 11602, 3g 40s.

Granted.. the "official guide" is from 2004, suggesting it was the base cost at release (patch 1.1), or possibly wrong by the time of release.

Patch Notes

According to the patch notes, those poor warriors were the only chump to ever receive an increase in training costs, during patch 1.3. All other classes received at least one decrease.

Increases

Decreases

Other

If anyone has any other sources to cross reference, I would greatly appreciate your input. Quite probably, cmangos/classic-db is accurate, but evidencing helps when we have sources saying different values, like in the case of the spell Revenge.

Mmmm mrrrggk!

Historical Spell Training Costs
    Harambeqt's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revenge rank 4:
    3 Gold 6 Silver should be correct post burning crusade release early 2006.

No patch notes except for 1.6 is mentioning any changes to this spell in vanilla but that does not rule out the possibility that it has been done without adding it to the notes or if the changes affected more than 1 spell.
    If you were to reduce the price on all spells in the game by .11%, the patch note should state just that and no names what so ever.

But I am certain that 3 Gold & 6 Silver is the price for it in TBC. And without reading through shitloads of patch notes I would probably use that value rather than what people say on various forums.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Warrior_patch_history
    Can we get some patch notes for 1.10+ ?
    Last edited by Harambeqt; 02-22-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    Support the #1 WoW Emulator:
    http://arcemu.org/
    https://github.com/arcemu/arcemu
    - - -

3. Thanks Mimmil, stoneharry (2 members gave Thanks to Harambeqt for this useful post)