MPQ patches (crit hack, range, invisible dmg, bleed, dodge). A deep explanation? menu

User Tag List

dealerx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MPQ patches (crit hack, range, invisible dmg, bleed, dodge). A deep explanation?

I recently got a pack of .mpq patches for warriors mainly (at leat it's what they said to me, but they work for every melee class, as said). I never played Warrior and I'm pretty sure I will never do because I like challenging classes, specially the one unable to script/hack where all that matters is your skill. But I was kinda curious anyway and I tested the files with a help of a friend who plays Warrior, who may notice differences better than me for sure.
    Apparently we both didn't notice anything, on multiple servers. So I checked these MPQ with an editor (they are like 10 files, each named with a different letter/number). Some go in the /data folder, some go in the /enGB folder. Every single patch contains the Spell.dbc table and their size is about 4.4 MB each. Only one-two patches are smaller and they are the Range Hack ones, which contain another table if I remember right (SpellRange.dbc?)

These are working a bit on very few servers, you can gain 2-3 yard more on melee abilities but I don't see this as an huge advantage/hack honestly (they are scripted for being used even at 7-9 yards more than melee range, but fortunately most of server can detect and block this)

Other patches I don't get them. Even if a "crit patch" or "bleed hack" or "+5% dodge patch" could exists, how can they work if every stat is decided server-side? Doesn't matter if you change with high values or low values, you can change Mutilate to be 59 Energy instead of 60, and when you mouseover the spell will display 59 but it will use 60, because itìs server side.

So what's the point in all these vendors trying to sell this bunch of trash? As far as I know, every "stat" modification u make, is client-side/visual only, the real stat is determined by server's Spell.dbc, not by yours in your patch. Otherwiise we could all do a one shot patch, or a 4000 resilence patch.

Also: if each patch has his own number and I put them together in the folder, I assume the game will read only the recent one ignoring the previous. so what's the point in making "patch-F.mpq" for rangehack and then "patch-G.mpq" for something else with the same Spell.dbc table named inside? Wouldn't be better creating an universal patch? I don't know how this work.
    I personally use a custom patch made by me that replaces the sound of arena popping so I don't miss it, and another one that swap some spell animations with Paladin's Wings, but I don't know if I have two patches with same .dbc file, which one is read by the server and which doesn't. What's the rule?

And finally: I hear/read/see very often about warriors or other classes using patches, beside the small range hack what can you REALLY do with some patches? Is that true or just a legend? I'm not looking for them, I just want some information and be updated on what's going on and what can happen (PvP talking, I don't care cosmetic patch or pve things)

P.S.: Don't message me asking for patches, I don't care if what I have works or not, I'm not selling/giving this to anyone. And don't message me for selling cheats aswell. I'm not interested thanks.

MPQ patches (crit hack, range, invisible dmg, bleed, dodge). A deep explanation?
    jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The range modification actually works, and the reason it works is because of the servers lag compensation system. crit/resil/"invisible damage"/dodge patches are all bullshit, doesn't work, that's all determined servside like you said.
    Yes, if multiple patches have the spell.dbc, only the latest patch (1-9, a-z, 1 being earliest, z being latest) gets read.

3. Thanks dealerx (1 members gave Thanks to jimmys96 for this useful post)
    dealerx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the "patches" used by top players (at least this is what "rumors" say) ? Do they really exist and if yes what advantages can they do to users? I already faced famous warriors and shamans scripters, both in 2s and 3s, well pqr using was obvious 100% but other than that I didn't notice something suspect. But I wouldn't be surprised if their wow folder was full of mpq files...

jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dealerx View Post
    What about the "patches" used by top players (at least this is what "rumors" say) ? Do they really exist and if yes what advantages can they do to users? I already faced famous warriors and shamans scripters, both in 2s and 3s, well pqr using was obvious 100% but other than that I didn't notice something suspect. But I wouldn't be surprised if their wow folder was full of mpq files...
    They serve no purpose other than to scam people that don't know the difference between a client and the server ^^ their main point of "proving" that ALL their patches work, is a fake bullshit video, or showing of the range patch which abuses the lag compensation of trinitycore.
    RangeHack * Issue #17060 * TrinityCore/TrinityCore * GitHub <- here is a post on the trintiycore github containing information on the range MPQ. It also describes how the "reduced global cooldown" seems to work, but in reality it doesn't really do anything.

6. Thanks stoneharry (1 members gave Thanks to jimmys96 for this useful post)
    dealerx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know this, thanks