Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Violet Hold Vmaps/MMaps

Hey Ownedcore,

Today I started scripting an instance in the violet hold. When I went to test the instance I found that NONE of my npcs were moving. I first thought, "Oh, this must be the script! (pUnit:Moveto)" but then I spawned an npc and typed .npc come and he still wasn't moving towards me either. Finally, i spawned another npc and changed it's faction to 14 so it was hostile to me. The npc did indeed aggro on me but it DID NOT MOVE from the original spot that i spawned it in. Even when i was running around the instance the npc was just turning to face me while saying in place.

My thoughts: From my personal experience I feel like this is the work of a defective vmap or mmap. The NPCS in the instance were acting the way as they would if you had collision enabled without proper vmaps. However, when i zone into the instance I can see on the world console that the vmap and mmap do indeed load. Is it simply faulty? or what's the problem here?

Is there anyway I can fix this problem and get the npcs moving in this instance! I have literally spent like 4 hours scripting role play, fights, and game objects.

Thanks, I hope we can get this workings!

Violet Hold Vmaps/MMaps
    Xmaily's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pls! any ideas!

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are still missing vmaps/map/mmap data for that map. For custom maps you need to make sure you format your MPQs in the correct way for the extractor to detect them. More specifically, the DBC files need to be in Data\enGB\patch-enGB-4.mpq and then the actual map data in Data\patch-4.mpq, for example.

To avoid having to regenerate new pathfinding data constantly, I created a custom flag in ArcEmu that can be applied to the creature_proto table to make a creature ignore pathfinding data. I don't really have all the commits to hand for this, but you can see some of them here:

https://github.com/stoneharry/Edge-o...b1ef018a823036
    https://github.com/stoneharry/Edge-o...7983880460042a

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I read your post and I'm still having errors so I decided to try something else to see if my maps were causing the problem. I compiled another server (just for testing) then I went to your EoC patch from ******* and took the maps, vmaps, and mmaps and put them into my server. I then went into patch 4.mpq and took one of your instances from World>Map. When I logged in i'm still experiencing the same problem? Is this still because of maps? I mean everything is there npcs move on waypoints and stuff but there still stuck in place during combat.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    You are still missing vmaps/map/mmap data for that map. For custom maps you need to make sure you format your MPQs in the correct way for the extractor to detect them. More specifically, the DBC files need to be in Data\enGB\patch-enGB-4.mpq and then the actual map data in Data\patch-4.mpq, for example.

To avoid having to regenerate new pathfinding data constantly, I created a custom flag in ArcEmu that can be applied to the creature_proto table to make a creature ignore pathfinding data. I don't really have all the commits to hand for this, but you can see some of them here:

https://github.com/stoneharry/Edge-o...b1ef018a823036
    https://github.com/stoneharry/Edge-o...7983880460042a
    This is also something I'm interested in! Lately I have been have constantly been regenerating new maps for things i'm creating! If i understand your post correctly I should be able to take these links, compile them and create a new field in my Creature_Proto named CustomFlags, right?

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xmaily View Post
    Okay, I read your post and I'm still having errors so I decided to try something else to see if my maps were causing the problem. I compiled another server (just for testing) then I went to your EoC patch from ******* and took the maps, vmaps, and mmaps and put them into my server. I then went into patch 4.mpq and took one of your instances from World>Map. When I logged in i'm still experiencing the same problem? Is this still because of maps? I mean everything is there npcs move on waypoints and stuff but there still stuck in place during combat.
    All of my custom maps do not have pathfinding data because the Noggit version I used did not write WMO collision correctly (1.3 fixed this). Subsequently I flag creatures on these maps to not use pathfinding data.

A quick way to test that it is a collision issue, which I do believe it is, is to go into the world config and find the collision option, and change it from 1 to 0 then restart the server. This will disable vmap usage (might be another option for mmap usage, I forget).

Originally Posted by Xmaily View Post
    This is also something I'm interested in! Lately I have been have constantly been regenerating new maps for things i'm creating! If i understand your post correctly I should be able to take these links, compile them and create a new field in my Creature_Proto named CustomFlags, right?
    Well, no. Yes that is the theory. No, the linked code is not enough as I explained. I implemented my custom flags column a long time ago and have been adding lots of new flags as I need them. I do not have the exact code you need to copy and paste, but that is how I dealt with this issue and you can attempt an implementation as well if you can program.

In my creature header file:
    Code:
    enum CustomFlags
    {
    	CREATURE_CUSTOMFLAG_CANTDIE = 0x1,						// 1
    	CREATURE_CUSTOMFLAG_IMMUNE_TO_CREATURE_DAMAGE = 0x2,	// 2
    	CREATURE_CUSTOMFLAG_CANT_REGEN_HEALTH = 0x4,			// 4
    	CREATURE_CUSTOMFLAG_NO_LOOT	= 0x8,						// 8
    	CREATURE_CUSTOMFLAG_VEHICLE_COMBAT = 0x10,				// 16
    	CREATURE_CUSTOMFLAG_NO_ADV_PATHFINDING = 0x20,			// 32
    	CREATURE_CUSTOMFLAG_NO_RETURN_AFTER_COMBAT = 0x40,		// 64
    	CREATURE_CUSTOMFLAG_NO_ADV_VMAPS = 0x80,				// 128
    };
    So I have a few custom flags. 32 disabling mmap usage and 128 disabling vmap usage.
    Last edited by stoneharry; 01-25-2015 at 10:50 AM.