[TrinityCore] Need help setting up a trinity core based public server and website menu

User Tag List

Damnation92's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[TrinityCore] Need help setting up a trinity core based public server and website

First of all I would like to greet the community here at the ownedcore.
    I have been around for some days on this forums but I just registered my accounts yesterday.
    I would like to request some help regarding on creating an wow public pserver with 3.3.5a update.
    I tried first with a repack and i got the game working and all good except it got some bugs and as I read around its better to compile my own trinity core in order to have an decent game server to make it enjoyable for people.
    I also would just open and trinity core repack server but I didnt seem to be able to create the website for the server because it would give me some mysql db error.
    I tried compiling my own trinity core but im just getting errors when using CMake configuring on the trinity source because i am using windows 7 64x bit and its not compatible with the visual studio 2010 I guess..
    I would like to recieve some help on opening an server based on trinity core with 3.3.5 update , more precisely in compiling the trinity core and creating the website.
    I am going to get an dedicated host if I would get it running.
    I can give you access via teamviewer to my computer or any remote control you would like.
    I am willing to pay as much as I can afford if anyone can help me and wish for some rewards.
    You will also make alot of people happy on my other game I an currently hosting because they asked for community expansion and to add more games ^_^
    Wishing to hear some positive responses.

[TrinityCore] Need help setting up a trinity core based public server and website
    RetroGeek's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My advice, get a second pc and install Windows XP on it. Run your Trinity Core server on that computer. This frees up your main pc and there is less of a compatibility issue. Remember, Windows 7 is nothing more then Windows Vista with the defects (bugs) fixed, and Windows Vista (an older version of Windows 7) sucks. If most of your software runs on Windows XP then why "upgrade" to Windows 7 or even buy a Windows 7 pc?

RetroGeek's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, the new pc I custom built for myself has Windows 7 on it. I was forced to switch to Windows 7 64 bit because my machine has 32 gigs of memory and Windows XP only supports up to 4 gigs of memory. But, guess what, my Windows 7 pc is using less then 2 gigs of memory, and that is with all of my software running. And all of my software does not run on Windows 7. I refuse to pay thousands of dollars to replace all of my software to newer versions that work with Windows 7. So, I went back to using Windows XP. All of my software works and there are less headachs. I can only use 4 gigs of my 32 gigs of ram, but oh well. Everything else works just fine with Windows XP, including my private WoW sever. To hell with Windows 7 or 8. If the computer industry keeps going the way I think it is going, I will just go back to using my Commodore Amiga computer. I will just use the pc for selling stuff on feebay. I do not really need to play WoW. There are over 10,000 programs for the Commodore Amiga computer. I have enough games to last me until I die, lol. Ok, off my soapbox, back on topic

spleee101's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    download microsoft visual studio 2012 then when you pull the trinity source with git and you open cmake select visual studio 11 from the version menu. Make sure you deselect USE_MYSQL_SOURCES from the menu before you generate it.