Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most stable / reliable current WoW Server repack.

Hello, I used to have my own private server for messing around with and was wondering nowdays as I have been looking, that it seems everything is always 3.3.5.a. I am assuming it's the most stable? I do see a few 4.3.4 Cata ones as well, are they not as good as 3.3.5a, lastly is there any decent MoP ones? If you could list the best 3.3.5a, 4.3.4 and 5.0+ repacks I would be grateful and will then start looking them up here on the site to get one up and going. Thank you.

Most stable / reliable current WoW Server repack.
    Terrorblade's Avatar Contributor I spent 5k CC and all I got was this user title
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    6/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most stable / reliable current WoW Server repack.-39139520-jpg
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    You should compile your own versions of the emulators for the best experience. There is many tutorials about this in the tutorial/guide sections.
    Stuff & Things

Philminator's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok I will look into that then, hopefully I will find out which type is best as well between trinity, arcemu and mangos. Thanks

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TrinityCore 3.3.5a has the most working and is the most stable by a longggggg way. As in, you can literally set up a TrinityCore server without making any modifications and it can run a 1000+ player peak server and remain stable while being mostly bug free. This is fact, I have seen it done.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    TrinityCore 3.3.5a has the most working and is the most stable by a longggggg way. As in, you can literally set up a TrinityCore server without making any modifications and it can run a 1000+ player peak server and remain stable while being mostly bug free. This is fact, I have seen it done.
    Then I will spend the next 10 hours until I go to bed researching how to get one going. I have a weird repack from some guy on youtube called Zaknology and because it was video guide I was up and running within 15min. Only problem is his repack is 3.3.3a not 3.3.5a so ICC dungeons and raids do not work well they do but they are empty when you enter them but the gear is made available with .character additem whatever gear you want with the ArcEmu commands. If I was smart I'd find a way to update my 3.3.3a repack and add whatever was implemented from that to 3.3.5a but I doubt I'd ever know how to do that lol.

I got the Ready server mangos by Ka [sp] Er but can't get it going at all, don't even know how to configure MySQL, the zaknology im able too because its preconfigured all you gotta do is hit MySQL and you're in. Trinity Core I keep looking through the 100+ pages on the Emulator forum for one but links are either dead or it's ArcEmu or MaNGOS. if you can link me to a good trinity core I'd be thankful. I really have been putting a lot of time in researching and studying, trying things out , watching videos ect. I have learned a lot but still feel like I know nothing. when there seems to be 1001 different ways to do the same thing, that doesn't help lol

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In response to the PM you sent me:

Just to clarify about my post asking what's a good stable server repack. I am learning real quick that if you want to use a repack you're going to have issues, in other words from what I have gathered a repack is just that, not the original core but taken, tweaked, modded ect and then repackaged. If repacks are so "bad" why does everyone and their mother use one? is it because it's easier to get going then a core one? I don't get it.
    TrinityCore, ArcEmu and other emulators only provide the source code. You cannot take some text and make it do something. To get it into a usable state, you have to compile this text (code) into machine code, and then link it together to create an executable file with additional libraries.

A repack is just someone who has already compiled and linked it together for you, so you can run it without having to do these first few steps.

The advantage to a repack is you don't need the software nor time that is required to compile. The disadvantage is you can't access the source code of the compiled binary, so you cannot update it or modify it.

Like if it's so easy to compile your own server why does no one do current World of Warcraft patches like 5.3? why is everything always 3.3.5a? even some of the top private servers that host use 3.3.5a, very rarely will you see so it seems 4.3.4.
    Compiling is only taking source code and turning it into an executable. No good source code exists for higher patches, so no good compiles can be made, if that makes sense.

3.3.5a has almost everything working, so everyone chooses to stick to this source code (TrinityCore).

when you said trinitycore 3.3.5a did you mean get a decent repack from someone who did a good job? or are you saying I should compile my own? I have looked around at compiling my own but I have to admit, with my learning disability I am very visual. When someone shows me something I almost have a photographic memory, but if someone types and explains stuff, it doesn't always stick lol.
    Either works. If you can find a repack that is using TrinityCore and is 3.3.5a you know it will be good, but I wouldn't run a public server on it. You can compile your own, but it is more work. This is the official guide on how to compile TrinityCore with Windows: How-to_Win - TrinityCore - KPsN Collaboration Platform

what I'd like to know is what are the basics to running a server? like what are the bare min requirements? obvious ones are 3.3.5a game installed. Apache / Hamachi are not required but needed for going public, and even at that I know how to make mine public without either.....seems that's all I know lol. is MySQL a must? are there other programs that do the same? I wish I knew what I was doing so I could manually download MySQL which I did, manually download latest revision of Trinity Core if that's what it's called and compile my own so that when I run it, there' no funny business, it's literally a 100% accurate duplicate of what WoW Live would of been like when 3.3.5a was running.
    Running a server is not recommended for those who are not experienced with computing because it is an incredibly complicated piece of software engineering.

The emulator itself is just a program which runs the server. It does not contain the game data.

You need to extract the DBC's, which are the clients (WoW.exe) game data. The server uses this to understand what the client is thinking and trying to do.

You need to extract maps, vmaps and mmaps. These are used to get map exploration data, collision, line of sight data, movement pathfinding data, and so on. Mmaps is not required but is used for good pathfinding.

Hamachi is only used if you cannot port forward, it acts like a big LAN network.

Apache is software that can be used to host websites on.

MySQL is a database software. You need to install a database that supports TrinityCore onto it, and then tell the emulator the details on how to connect. This is all the server data, such as creatures and items.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In response to the PM you sent me:

TrinityCore, ArcEmu and other emulators only provide the source code. You cannot take some text and make it do something. To get it into a usable state, you have to compile this text (code) into machine code, and then link it together to create an executable file with additional libraries.

A repack is just someone who has already compiled and linked it together for you, so you can run it without having to do these first few steps.

The advantage to a repack is you don't need the software nor time that is required to compile. The disadvantage is you can't access the source code of the compiled binary, so you cannot update it or modify it.

Compiling is only taking source code and turning it into an executable. No good source code exists for higher patches, so no good compiles can be made, if that makes sense.

3.3.5a has almost everything working, so everyone chooses to stick to this source code (TrinityCore).

Either works. If you can find a repack that is using TrinityCore and is 3.3.5a you know it will be good, but I wouldn't run a public server on it. You can compile your own, but it is more work. This is the official guide on how to compile TrinityCore with Windows: How-to_Win - TrinityCore - KPsN Collaboration Platform

Running a server is not recommended for those who are not experienced with computing because it is an incredibly complicated piece of software engineering.

The emulator itself is just a program which runs the server. It does not contain the game data.

You need to extract the DBC's, which are the clients (WoW.exe) game data. The server uses this to understand what the client is thinking and trying to do.

You need to extract maps, vmaps and mmaps. These are used to get map exploration data, collision, line of sight data, movement pathfinding data, and so on. Mmaps is not required but is used for good pathfinding.

Hamachi is only used if you cannot port forward, it acts like a big LAN network.

Apache is software that can be used to host websites on.

MySQL is a database software. You need to install a database that supports TrinityCore onto it, and then tell the emulator the details on how to connect. This is all the server data, such as creatures and items.
    I must say you explained this pretty well as a lot of this makes a lot more sense to me now. On the server I have working ironically I have nothing in vmaps as nothing came with it that I know of and mmaps same thing, I only got maps from using a AD.exe file from a maps extractor. I'm surprised my server is running well.

I'm going to read that tutorial on compiling even if it's complicated. I'm sure eventually I'll get the hang of it as I've always been really into this stuff but had never bothered doing anything about it until recently. Thanks for all the info so far. Now I also know from what you mentioned that no I cannot update my zakology repack 3.3.3a to 3.3.5a to get ICC dungeons and raids working. I will just work on getting a Trinity Core repack. I still haven't found a good one to download on here. Then after that, I will work on compiling my own as it will make for good practice.

If you happen to come across one or remember a link within the forum here to a good Trinity Core repack, send me the link please. In the meantime I will keep looking.

PS: forgot to ask again, if there's a tutorial on how to install and setup properly MySQL and if all repacks come the way mine did where by you just need to click MySQL.bat and it runs automatically preconfigured for you? or was I just lucky with that one? because the mangos one I got the ready server kasper one doesn't seem to have MySQL in it at all.
    Last edited by Philminator; 06-27-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Philminator View Post
    PS: forgot to ask again, if there's a tutorial on how to install and setup properly MySQL and if all repacks come the way mine did where by you just need to click MySQL.bat and it runs automatically preconfigured for you? or was I just lucky with that one? because the mangos one I got the ready server kasper one doesn't seem to have MySQL in it at all.
    MySQL :: Download MySQL Community Server

This will install it as a program rather than as a file you run. You will need to download a database to go into this server, the wikipedia I linked you to should talk about that at some point.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MySQL :: Download MySQL Community Server

This will install it as a program rather than as a file you run. You will need to download a database to go into this server, the wikipedia I linked you to should talk about that at some point.
    ok sounds good like the Vmaps , maps and DBC files you mean? again the past hour or so still looking at a trinity repack with links that aren't dead but no luck so far,

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Philminator View Post
    ok sounds good like the Vmaps , maps and DBC files you mean? again the past hour or so still looking at a trinity repack with links that aren't dead but no luck so far,
    What you list there are taken from the client and are not used in MySQL but by the server in the directory it is running from. You can find more information on the TrinityCore wikipedia.

HelpzPlease's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you list there are taken from the client and are not used in MySQL but by the server in the directory it is running from. You can find more information on the TrinityCore wikipedia.
    What about ArcEmu? is that good?

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by HelpzPlease View Post
    What about ArcEmu? is that good?
    No, use TrinityCore.

HelpzPlease's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, use TrinityCore.
    Well I am not because I am going to have to restart my entire server.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an ArcEmu server and I started all over again because I wanted a better experience. Your choice if you're happy with what you got

Harambeqt's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arcemu is outdated and a shit emulator.
    Support the #1 WoW Emulator:
    http://arcemu.org/
    https://github.com/arcemu/arcemu
    - - -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast