How to get 3.3.5
I have been wanting to get into some of the rp private servers that are here but I dont have 3.3.5. I have 4.2! How can I get a client or something to get back to 3.3.5 so I cant ry these awesome servers?
Last edited by stoneharry; 08-07-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Reason: Added prefix.
1) go to World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King download | Joystiq and download the WotLK Client.
2) Run it, and where it says Select Product click Wrath of the Lich King
3) After it installs run the launcher, until it says downloading WoW 3.3.5 - 4.x.x or whatever, then CANCEL THE INSTALLATION!
4) go to The Patches Scrolls : game updates, patches & addons - 15 years of Gaming
5) manually patch up from 3.0.1 to 3.3.5a
6) go to your WoW folder, open the subfolder, Data, then open EnUS, then open Realmlist via Notepad
7) Alter it to whatever the server says to
8) Run WoW.exe, do NOT run the launcher (this will patch up WoW)
IMO, this is the best way to do it if you're going to sleep or whatever, since this way takes a LONG time. The download itself is around 16.5 GB, while regular WoW is like 7 GB, plus manual patching. So if you have the time, go with the method I put, but if you're going somewhere/sleep, then go with Arsham123's method.
Originally Posted by arsham123
When i try to patch my WoW from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 here what he says to me
What to do, pls help me!
Here y' go
Originally Posted by Vexed01
You will need a BitTorrent app tho. Just dload 'uTorrent' or something.
Hello there! I tried doing this and when I manually patched from 3.0.1 - 3.3.3a I got some problems. The first two patches worked really good and it all seemed normal, but after the third patch it keept telling me this:"Sorry, the installer was unable to start up. You may be out of hardware space.". I checked my harddriver and I had 174 gig for usage. Any ideas? Also I noticed that after each time I had patched, the launcher automatically appeared, which I simply declined every time. Although the launcher changed after the third patch and I think I saw a slight change in the World of Warcraft folder aswell. Not sure how to solve this problem. Hope you guys can help me out!
Originally Posted by phantom325