Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with custom items

Hello guys,

I have a problem with creation of custom items and need your help (I'm using Trinitycore and YTDB, my server supports 3.3.5a).
    I have read many threads about it, like:

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...-icon-bag.html
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...tom-items.html
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...-properly.html
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...pons-help.html

...but still can't figure out how to do it right.

From what I read, my understanding is that custom items can be added in several ways:

(1) modifying the item.dbc -> can be added new item entry's with wanted displayids;
    (2) modifying existing item in Database -> just changing stats;
    (3) Hackpatch -> http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...ml#post2063513

What I'm trying to do is modifying an existing item in database - "Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury" - weapon/bow, changing stats and damage.

I opened "item_template" table with HeidiSQL and:
    - First I duplicated the SQL row with the item
    - Changed entry of the new row to 350000 (just to have backup)
    - I modified original sql row - added new stats and changed damage, but I left the original entry (34334), name, displayid.
    Then I restarted the server and deleted WTF folder of my client - ... and nothing changed.

When I use gm command "additem", this item is the same as before with no change, same stats and damage.

Am I doing it wrong or there is no way to make custom items only with database edit even if that items exist already?

Any help appreciated! Thanks.
    Last edited by helldesign; 04-18-2011 at 04:16 AM.

Problems with custom items
    freeman725's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to delete your cache folder not the wtf folder. Did you leave the entry id the same in the original table? In my opinion, the easiest way to do it is with unused entry ids. This is the method I use. It's a bit of a crapshoot to find one that hasn't been used because the spreadsheet that facerolling posted is a little out of date I think. All I do is create my item on wow-v then go through the list of ids and change the entry id in the sql until I find one that I can execute.

predattak's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go to wow-v and create any item u want and download as trinity .. open navicat or heidi and import the sql .. it works u will see
    Homosexuals are gay

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by predattak View Post
    go to wow-v and create any item u want and download as trinity .. open navicat or heidi and import the sql .. it works u will see
    It does to an extent. If you use an item id that isn't in the dbc, the item shows up in your inventory as a red question mark. Custom armor that isn't in the dbc can't be enchanted and custom weapons can't be used for special attacks. You either have to edit the dbc and spit out a client patch, change an existing item, or use an unused entry id.

helldesign's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by freeman725 View Post
    You want to delete your cache folder not the wtf folder. Did you leave the entry id the same in the original table? In my opinion, the easiest way to do it is with unused entry ids. This is the method I use. It's a bit of a crapshoot to find one that hasn't been used because the spreadsheet that facerolling posted is a little out of date I think. All I do is create my item on wow-v then go through the list of ids and change the entry id in the sql until I find one that I can execute.
    You are right! I deleted the cache and now the item shows properly with all modifications. Thank you! +rep

And one more thing - I looked through the list of unused ids Zoho Sheet - Online Spreadsheets
    Does it matter if I use "id" of legs for a bow (for example). I can't find ranged weapons there and what is the best to use for that kind of weapon?
    Last edited by helldesign; 04-18-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Harambeqt's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by predattak View Post
    That wont fix the DBC issue.
    Support the #1 WoW Emulator:
    http://arcemu.org/
    https://github.com/arcemu/arcemu
    - - -

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by helldesign View Post
    You are right! I deleted the cache and now the item shows properly with all modifications. Thank you! +rep

And one more thing - I looked through the list of unused ids Zoho Sheet - Online Spreadsheets
    Does it matter if I use "id" of legs for a bow (for example). I can't find ranged weapons there and what is the best to use for that kind of weapon?
    You'd probably have to use a leg id for leg armor etc. etc. for enchants to work properly. Say you use a legging id for bracers. The client will recognize it as leggings and you wont be able to use bracer enchants. There are item id's for bows in the list. Just gotta look harder lol.
    Last edited by freeman725; 04-18-2011 at 05:20 AM.

helldesign's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by freeman725 View Post
    You'd probably have to use a leg id for leg armor etc. etc. for enchants to work properly. Say you use a legging id for bracers. The client will recognize it as leggings and you wont be able to use bracer enchants. There are item id's for bows in the list. Just gotta look harder lol.
    Ok, Thanks again