Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Language Problem with Custom Race

hi,
    I succesfully (because of the intelligence and help of a friend of mine) to add new race on my mangos emulator ( including a client patch ).

I use 2.4.3 TBC client.

I have a damn problem because when the character is created on the interface, the character is not able to talk at all. I added all starting spell in the database including the spell 668 (Language Common) and every starting spell are there EXCEPT the language. So my new custom character cannot talk and i cant use any GM command like "learn_all". I see the chatroom joined at login, but the character didnt want to learn any language at all. I tryed to login on my other computer with a GM account (my second account) and tryed to learn all language to it. It work... it dont work... 1 of 10 time it works ...until i log off. When i relog with the custom character .... he forgot all the language.

In the Skill windows of the character no language is shown, even if it was learned by a GM command.

Almost everything working fine, except I cannot chat or train my Goblin Warrior.

Anyone have an ideas? or suggestion?... or even just an explaination why the race cannot talk?

Thanks a lot.

Language Problem with Custom Race
    myran2's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make a macro of
    Code:
    .learn 668
    That's what I used to do what I made custom race/class combos (pretty much the same thing).

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Language is a skill not a spell.

Add it to the playercreateinfo_skills table.

neodarkhunt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    Language is a skill not a spell.

Add it to the playercreateinfo_skills table.
    In the game it's a skill, But in reality it's a spell that put the language skill on your character. I dont have any Skill DBC to use in this emulator. I tryed to add the spell 668 (common language) into the playercreateinfo_spell (like for the other existing race) and it doesnt work. I know what you mean but in my older emulator (classic 1.12.1) skill and spell was a separated thing. i could learn X Skill to a character with .learnsk X and for spell .learn X but now it seem all skill and spell are "Spell". i know, it took me a little time to understand that at first on my new emu.

If i create the DBC playercreateinfo_skill do you think it may work anyways?

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Originally Posted by myran2 View Post
    make a macro of
    Code:
    .learn 668
    That's what I used to do what I made custom race/class combos (pretty much the same thing).
    Originally Posted by myran2 View Post
    make a macro of
    Code:
    .learn 668
    Ho, i didnt tryed the Macro. But even if it works, the player cannot use this macro because it need GM power to learn something.
    And i dont think the macro will do the job, i'll try now and tell you if something working.............

WEIRD...

if i try to chat it write "You dont know this language"
    but if in a macro i type for exemple "Hello" ... and click on the button, my character said "Hello"...

wow.... ok, it's not give me any clue, but it will maybe help.

thanks for new idea if you have other. I return working on this.

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Shrugs*

I have no idea how mangos works.

Spells and skills are different.

Although you can learn it and it will work to an extent, it isn't permanent because it's not been saved. In 3.3.5 you learn it and it will appear in your skills tab, by default as 1/1 or 450/450 (I forget which it is) since the ranks don't increase. If you add it as a skill, then it should work. However, again, I have no idea how to do this on Mangos. I skim read the post in my first thread, and didn't realise you had put Mangos in the prefix. ArcEmu has a playercreateinfo_spells table and a playercreateinfo_skills table, which is what I was referring to.

Good luck at fixing the issue.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    *Shrugs*

I have no idea how mangos works.

Spells and skills are different.

Although you can learn it and it will work to an extent, it isn't permanent because it's not been saved. In 3.3.5 you learn it and it will appear in your skills tab, by default as 1/1 or 450/450 (I forget which it is) since the ranks don't increase. If you add it as a skill, then it should work. However, again, I have no idea how to do this on Mangos. I skim read the post in my first thread, and didn't realise you had put Mangos in the prefix. ArcEmu has a playercreateinfo_spells table and a playercreateinfo_skills table, which is what I was referring to.

Good luck at fixing the issue.

In my old Mangos 1.12.1 Emulator Spell and Skill was learned with 2 different command, it was easy to fix issues. now with the 2.4.3 Emu (mangos) i have, There is no Playercreateinfo_skill, only 1 playercreateinfo_spells so i'm forced to use spell that learn the skill. I had no problem before to learn spell or skill to a character. The problem is with the custom race, i used Chrrace.dbc to "activate" the goblin, everything is fine, except in the character / skill windows - Language common or Orcish dont want to show, every other language are learnable and show perfectly.

In my last test, i use this on it, and it work, UNTIL i LOG OFF (and nothing about the common or orcish language are showing).
    .learn 668 (learn common language)
    .setskill 98 300 300 (set skill 98 (language common) to max)

The character can talk now, until it log off, even if i use .saveall .save command, the character still lose the language skill at relog.
    when you click at the chat command icon (at top of chat windows - where you can find emote and voice emote, when i look at language - no language appear there)

I still continue to trying to fix this, but i take EVERY ideas anyone may have to help me resolving this.
    THANKS TO EVERYBODY THAT TRYED TO HELP.

92eatos's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you edited skillLine.dbc and SkillLineAbility.dbc

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 92eatos View Post
    Have you edited skillLine.dbc and SkillLineAbility.dbc

I have those DBC in Server side folder, yeah i already tryed (probably in the same time you post this), and it's probably the things to do, but my DBC are different from the reference i found on the net about those dbc. exemple: column 1 is ID in mine and on the reference file i found column 1 is other thing. (from different version i suppose). Do you have a reference that i could use for my version of the files? (2.4.3).

Maybe this details i didnt said before will help other to know what i didnt done.
    - When i create the custom race on the creating interface of WoW, The Warrior class didnt show up. (the only class i have configure level, spell on the sql server).

Thanks for that info and for the help, i appreciate