0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete shut down

I need major help. My arcemu server (by johved patch 3.3.3a) is completely screwed.

this is the error: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

no clue how to fix it... i have done a lot to it, really don't want to start again i have some screenies up ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting

my mysql just says it cannot connect and shuts down straight away.

please help me, really annoying tired to handle it on my own and never could, i need some help :S

Thank you so much!
    Last edited by Jackhamme; 08-04-2010 at 06:06 AM.

Complete shut down
    Rock Lee's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its your mysql. Get a new one.

The problem itself is that logon and world cant communicate with the mysql server. Which is pretty obvious since mysql isnt even up.

Jackhamme's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zomg, thats so simple... :O where can i get a new mysql? any ideas?

Rock Lee's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest that you download a new repack instead.

Repack 3.3.5a support ArcEmu

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll lose everything i have made though :/

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does that repack you are trying to use come with a MySQL server? If so find the mysqlstart.bat and run it (or similar name). If it returns a error already running, then go to your task manager (ctrl alt delete) and the processes tab. Find mysqld.exe and end it. Now try and run the mysqlstart.bat again and it should start up properly. This one should have the correct password for your emulator as it came with the repack and so should work.

Also it's better to compile your own core since it's extremely hard to keep a repack up to date and to keep the content you create on it.

marcelo_20xx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In reality is not that hard to keep up even with a repack if you know what you are doing ( since with most repacks you can only edit the db and scripts like lua) the only thing you need to do is made a backup of your DB, for that the easiest way is to copy the DB from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Program files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data, the folders will be there like chars, world, etc. then when you reinstall another repack or a fresh compiled server that supports the SAME db format (eg you dont switch from arcemu to a trinity core) you can keep your changes by replacing the DB with you backup. Also made sure your client is the same.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks so much for the help guys, i'll look into it, tell you what happens after

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

now its saying there is incorrect information files in the character folder and stuff... lmao i think its completely destroyed, no clue how o.o. about compiling my own server, i have tried many times and didn't really work. i'll try and look for a 3.3.5 compile TuT thanks for your help though guys

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by marcelo_20xx View Post
    In reality is not that hard to keep up even with a repack if you know what you are doing ( since with most repacks you can only edit the db and scripts like lua) the only thing you need to do is made a backup of your DB, for that the easiest way is to copy the DB from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Program files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data, the folders will be there like chars, world, etc. then when you reinstall another repack or a fresh compiled server that supports the SAME db format (eg you dont switch from arcemu to a trinity core) you can keep your changes by replacing the DB with you backup. Also made sure your client is the same.
    You can't keep it up to date with a repack, the only thing you can do is transfer to another repack that has a similar version. The database structure changes quite often.

now its saying there is incorrect information files in the character folder and stuff... lmao i think its completely destroyed, no clue how o.o. about compiling my own server, i have tried many times and didn't really work. i'll try and look for a 3.3.5 compile TuT thanks for your help though guys
    Just go for and try and compile, if you get stuck say and we will help you with what you get stuck at.