Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to find the latest DBC and Maps?

Hullo! ^.^

Ok, so I'm trying my hand at compiling using this tutorial, and somewhere in the middle of it the author says, "
    Next you will need to get the latest Maps and DBCs either from your client or from downloading them from here (DBCs) for 3.0.9."

So I'm scouring the forums here, and ******, and MMOPro, and I'm seeing all kinds of 3.3.2 responses, but they are always links, and there are about 20 different resources from posts linking repacks to steal the ad.exe out of them, but I haven't found a link to just a plain Maps and DBC collection, they are already incorporated into someone's work.

I'm just wondering how I might go about finding these resources myself, without having to disassemble someone's Repack. And before I get devoured by the Google search engine happy, I have tried in many different variations, and every single one of my results were the above, they were links from people who already knew where to go to get them.

I'm trying to be self-sufficient! I realize the author said I could get it straight from my WoW client, but I don't see a 'DBC' file in there, nor a Maps one...so I'm not quite sure how I might locate them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ^.^

Also any tips or tricks on how to find the latest Revision for the SVN would be nice, I've come across several that were completely outdated, but again...there isn't exactly a large flashing sign that says 'this is the most updated one'.

Please don't eat me, I've spent the last 4 days face bashing into this mess, I think I've come a long ways in 4 days, from trouble with installing a repack to C++ scripting NPCs and compiling on my own! I'm just having a little trouble at the end. :confused:

How to find the latest DBC and Maps?
    Kiev's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you was to have compiled ArcEmu yourself, then there is a folder name extras, in there are two applications that you need to place in your WoW Folder in the needed location I.E (enUS/Data) and then execute.

This will extract the files.

Shyanna's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see. Thank you very much, just what I needed! ^.^

Also I found the updated Revision forum if anyone is reading this thread for answers to either of these questions for themselves, there seems to be an updated thread here, where the SVN URL is being maintained (I'm assuming, it says 3.3.2).

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SVN list is basically a link to where they administer updates, so it will be what patch they can administer at the time!

wartogg's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone please help me with my problem? I have extracted the DBC files from my WoW Installation...it is up to date....yet the server program, which is up to date as well, says my dbc files are out of date....any ideas?

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might be using a 3.2.2 WoW Server, not your client patch. They have to be the same patch.