Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the best emulator that works with current wow patch?

I am completely new to the WOW server emulators and am unsure which 1 would be best to use with current WOW patch. I am not even sure if they work with current or not. I have run servers for UO and DAoC and a few more but I noticed there is at least 6 different emulators for WOW. Please, help me out here...

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

What is the best emulator that works with current wow patch?
    Hunterplay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mangos is great for Blizz like servers.And aspire is proberly the best one at the moment overall with Veichles and AV working
    Former News Team Member

Darkoak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the quick response Hunterplay. Which Aspire version would be the latest and does it work with current WOW version?

Darkoak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I understand there is:

Arcemu
    Aspire
    Hearthstone
    Mangos
    Trinity

Emulator servers to chooce from and various different databases for each emulator. Mangos apartently was the 1st and done by a college for a student activity (if i am not incorrect). Trinity followed shortly afterwards and I do not know when the others started. Mangos from many posting states to be most stable and very Blizzard style.

What I am trying to find...

I would like to be able to have stable, but relatively easy server and db that is able to be customised some what(not a lot). Would like mounts and as close to current client blizzard patch since already patched for blizzard.

Hehehe... I am hoping this isn't like a big Christmas wish you always hope for, but do not really expect any possiblity of getting.

My only other problem I seem to be having is trying to see which emulator version is most current and what db is most up-to-date. Seems confusing at this point.

beltic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want a pre-compiled server, AND stay current with Blizz retail, then your gonna have to wait a bit. The dev's are working hard to get these up to the latest 3.1.x, but there were, as I understand it, quite a few changes that need to be incorporated (including Vehicles and the dual talnet tree).

You have mentioned you have run servers for other games - did you compile them yourself, or just use a repack?

There are a few 3.1.x repacks posted here already - and alot of 3.0.x servers as well - all have thier issues, but i must say - from personal experience, Mangos has been the most stable for me. I know others have been running others, and most work quite well.

There isnt a quick/easy "pre-compiled repack w/compelte database" that will be 100% perfect - its the nature of this hobby.

Personally, Im looking at Aspire Hearthstone atm - soon, ill be running my first compile.

As I said, there are a few threads that actually have a listing of current releases, as well as databases posted, so have a look around. Download a few, install them, and see if they work for ya. (thats what I did. Found most repacks were lacking in some areas, so im startnig to compile my own servers, and make updates/changes to a generic database. )

Here is a good place to start for looking at version/db's/etc..
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/emulat...ready-use.html

Hope this helps.
    Beltic
    Former Admin/Owner/Developer - Dead n Pissed PVP

Darkoak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you beltic for your timely response and informative as well. Actually I just happened to have stumbled across that link just recently and I have to say is extremely helpful.

To be honest on the repack and server and db stuff this is the 1st mmo that i have seen seperate everything out. It was actually part of why i was confused. Most other mmo emulators have the base engines and with most standardized scripts to add functions. You use it and customize scripts to get what you want. Well more like a package deal type...

I usually stick to them until I get more comfortable and then start pulling it apart to see what I can change or add to make it more my ideal of the game I would like to play.

Thank you again for the help though...

Kirth's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go by ManGOS. Be sure to get ScriptDEV2 on the way out :>.

Darkoak's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input Kirth... I haven't gotten any up in running yet... keep running into problems of some sort... but i am sure i will get it soon.