Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ascent IRC Statistics bot

Well, straight into it eh?
    Version: 2.0.1
    What is this?
    This is, a bot for irc. It parses the ascent stat.xml and stores all the information into it hash table database. All the information can then be accessed on irc via commands such as !info, !player, !online, !gms and a few others. IT also checks the status of the server and lets everyone in the irc channel know if the server were to go online or offline..
    Great, so what do i need?
    Ok, you will need to download the script, currently i have packed it with mirc etc so its very easy to setup. simply edit the ascent.conf file that comes with this, and start mirc.exe, and you're done!
    The download link is: All-out-war!: Downloads / Mirc scripts / Ascent .xml IRC bot v2.0.1

How do i install it or configure it
    Its all very self explanatory, but here is how in case you don't know.
    1) Un-rar the package you downloaded...
    2) Open the folder created, and then open Ascent.conf
    3) Read everything inside ascent.conf and do what it says, read EVERYTHING and set EVERYTHING. this is very important..
    4) Close ascent.conf
    5) Open mirc.exe
    6) The bot will connect to irc, and join the channel, or, it should - If it does not, goto step 2.
    7) If you continue to get errors or you find bugs and stuff, post them here!

Can i edit the files
    Yeah sure, add/remove/edit the functions and crap as you like, i dont mind, but dont edit the lines which i have intentionally molested so you cant steal my credits, seriously, i found many people removing the trigger for the credits on my last version.. dont let me find you doing it again... i worked hard on this, least you can do is respect my work and keep the credits there...
    So, what all can this script do?
    Well, not all THAT much yet, i plan to add some more command etc, and it can only give info the .xml provides, i plan to submit a patch sometime so the .xml will have more info for me to play with. Currently it has the following commands:
    !player:
    !online:
    !info:
    !record:
    And a few others...
    There was a 0.9 version of this.. whats new in 2.0.0?
    Lots and lots... i will cover the main bits...
    ++ New easy configuration file, instead of old, crappy, popups
    ++ Much neater, structured code, easy to read in most place
    ++ More efficient, its faster then before... 3800MS To download, parse, and store info on a 280KB file, with 650 players online, and around 400ms on low servers, or less... =)
    ++ New parsing method means there wont be any freeze ups of the bot when its busy parsing, it just lags a little, but never freezes or stalls...
    ++ Map tracking. The bot now tracks your position in the world via MAP and area id. yay..
    ++ More commands, !record, !gms, and @rehash, @restart, @Colour
    ++ Configurable color, message, and place settings, you can now fully customize where the bot sends the message, what command to use to send message, and the colors used in the message!
    ++ It comes with a hash table editing tool (Which i did not write!) so you can easily manage the database
    ++ Command system recode
    ++ On input commands
    ++ Admin commands!
    ++ And so much more...

Im upgrading from 0.9, how can i save my character database? is it compatible!?
    Yes, it is compatible, altho, the chars in it wont have their maps tracked in it until they login again. This is no majot biggy. Simple copy the Players file from your old one, into this ones dir. DONT copy the Areas file, the new one contains a more updated areas database
    Credits and thanks to
    I wrote all the code in this version but, i would like to to thank the following people...
    Daemon: For helping me with random stuff, and for writing a .php script for me, and for beta testing.
    Argv0, bekar, and some other guy from #mirc on efnet for helping me use the /filter command, and to arrange the online list in a dirty, but alphabetical order
    MoehMan: For his excellent hash table editor... <3333333
    Khaled: For writing mirc

Todo
    Possibly port the database into an SQL lite database, or even mysql, will see how it goes
    Write statistic logging, or a fast efficient command to generate stats...
    Add some more commands
    Fix bugs
    Add a bug tracker
    Add a suggestions submission function
    And probably a few other things
    *yawn*
    This version may not work, expect a 2.0.1 or 2.0.2-9 very soon, that is, if you guys bother to report problems...
    REPORT BUGS. NO MATTER HOW SMALL ETC, PLEASE!!!
    SUGGESTIONS = GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
    Thank you for reading, and for those who didn't... heres the download link
    All-out-war!: Downloads / Mirc scripts / Ascent .xml IRC bot v2.0.1
    Enjoy - Optical.
    (Excuse my typo's, i am aware i typo'd September in 2.0.0's header.. will fix it another time =))
    2.0.1 change log..

++ Fixed a bug in update system
    ++ Fixed a bug with credit protection (Sorry about that)
    ++ Fixed a bug with channel joining
    ++ Added some stuff to version update
    Download = All-out-war!: Downloads / Mirc scripts / Ascent .xml IRC bot v2.0.1

(also on ascentforums:Board Message)
    Last edited by latruwski; 10-13-2007 at 04:11 PM.

The Ascent IRC Statistics bot