Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MangAdmin r126 for 3.0.x clients RELEASE

Initial release of v1.3.0.2, r126

NOTE: This revision is only compatible with 3.0.x clients (tested on 3.0.2 and 3.0.3). DO NOT install this on 2.4.x clients, it will NOT work.

Note: svn assigns revision numbers irrespective of the rev being in trunk or in a branch. What this means is that every commit is assigned the next rev number whether it is in trunk or branch. You will see what appear to be 'skipped' revision numbers. Do not be alarmed, this is normal.

Note: Yes, development will continue on 2.4.x versions (MangAdmin v1.0) as well as this 3.0.x flavor (v1.3.0.2).

Changes since r119:
    - No feature changes, no additional fixes (except noted below). The objective here was to make r119 work on 3.0.x.
    - [Fix] Moved Revive button so that it is not blocked by Release Spirit dialog (not fixed in r119, will fix later).

The svn for 2.4.x MangAdmin 1.0 remains: Revision 126: /trunk

The svn for 3.0.x MangAdmin 1.3.0.2 is: Revision 126: /branches/3.0.x

Downloads:

Rar: http://mangadmin.googlecode.com/file...3.0.2_r126.rar
    Zip: http://mangadmin.googlecode.com/file...3.0.2_r126.zip

Please post feedback here, please post bug reports/issues/requests to the issue tracker at: Issues - mangadmin - Google Code
    When posting to the issue tracker, please be sure to include the version of MangAdmin (1.0 or 1.3.0.2) as well as the version of your client.
    Last edited by iotech; 11-27-2008 at 02:44 PM.

[Addon] MangAdmin - GM ingame AddOn
    Menthol8's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes a ascent addon one.

This is good +rep would be 2 but i cant yet.

iotech's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Menthol8,

Looking into it. No promises, but I dont think it would be too hard if I can find a decent gm command reference for Ascent.

boo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks nice.

fox123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep the work up

~lonewolf~'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is the dl broken? or just me

TwistedPixel's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    broken for me too

EDIT: Go to the bottom of the original post. Follow the link to the Dev site and d/l it there.
    Last edited by TwistedPixel; 11-27-2008 at 12:11 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed the download link in post #61, Thanks for letting me know it was broken!

Please note, if you arent running a 3.0.x client, dont use this... go to the main site at http://www.manground.org to get a link to a 2.4.x version!

lagingtoo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    works now thks

r3dw3r3w0lf's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously Sexy :3

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

r156 RELEASED

MangAdmin v1.3.0.3, r156

NOTE: This revision is only compatible with 3.0.x clients (tested on 3.0.2 and 3.0.3). DO NOT install this on 2.4.x clients, it will NOT work.

Note: There currently is no 2.4.x client flavor for this revision. Will backport soonish.

Changes since r126:

* [ADD] Added .aura and .unaura to CHAR and NPC tab
    * [ADD] Added .npc yell to NPC tab
    * [MOD] Moved buttons around on Char and NPC tabs.
    * [ADD] Added .npc say to NPC tab
    * [ADD] Added .npc playemote to NPC tab. Note: There are too many emotes to fit on the screen.
    Will examine other solutions.
    * [ADD] Added .modify morph to CHAR and NPC tabs
    * [ADD] Added .demorph to CHAR and NPC tabs
    * [MOD] Split Char tab into two tabs, now named Character and Char2. Moved parameterised commands to Char2
    * [ADD] Added .damage command to Char2
    * [ADD] Added .quest add to Char2
    * [ADD] Added .quest complete to Char2
    * [ADD] Added .quest remove to Char2
    * [ADD] Added .unmute to Char2
    * [ADD] Added .hidearea to Char2
    * [ADD] Added .showarea to Char2
    * [ADD] Added .honor add to Char2
    * [ADD] Added .honor update to Char2

The svn for 2.4.x MangAdmin 1.0 remains: /trunk

The svn for 3.0.x MangAdmin 1.3.0.3 is: /branches/3.0.x

Downloads:

Rar: http://mangadmin.googlecode.com/file...3.0.3_r156.rar
    Zip: http://mangadmin.googlecode.com/file...3.0.3_r156.zip

Please post feedback here or at http://www.manground.com/forum, please post bug reports/issues/requests to the issue tracker at: Issues - mangadmin - Google Code
    When posting to the issue tracker, please be sure to include the version of MangAdmin (1.0 or 1.3.0.3) as well as the version of your client.
    Last edited by iotech; 12-02-2008 at 04:27 PM.

Twisted7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great release, nice job with achieving 3.0 compatibility! My only wish is that I ran a MaNGOS server so I could use this more often!

The only problem with finding a command reference for ascent is that there are so many damn "flavors" of Ascent you have to account for, and on top of that ArcEmu seems to enjoy making arbitrary changes to command structure and command output messages, so stuff breaks every 300 revisions. I think I might just ignore ArcEmu altogether for SwiftGM since it's being such a pain in the ass. Not to be a pessimist, but I don't think it will really be possible for a conversion of this addon, or at least not without changing large portions of how it works. I've played on both MaNGOS and Ascent servers extensively and there big differences on what Ascent commands can do and how they output data. But by all means, give it a shot!

Also, I've got a small question: Would you mind giving me permission to use that FrameLib you wrote in my Paranoia addon (Paranoia Enemy Player Alert : WoWInterface Downloads : PvP/Arena/BattleGrounds)? I'm rewriting it from scratch since its so messy and I'd like to get rid of all the XML for the GUI, and your library looks pretty interesting. If not, that's cool, keep up the good work anyway!

Thanks.

dontblink438's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ugh, i wish there was an addon that was JUST like this, but worked for ArcEmu =(

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twisted7,

Thanks for the kind words, very much appreciated. FrameLib was written by my partner-in-crime, Josh, who is our project lead. It is released under GPL.. uh.. 3 I think. Anyway, you can use it as long as the comment headers stay intact and proper attribution is given.

Re: Arc/Ascent/Aspire - What follows here is the first public revelation of this info (sshhhh! dont tell anyone! :

Ok, I see what you mean. I actually installed an Ascent core and dB to look at it. I wont get into any flamewars over this... it just isnt for me. That said, it is VERY powerful, particularly with the ability to script with LUA.

So, Josh and I have been laying out a spec for MangAdmin2. (I come from a background of 15 years of business software development, so I am big on things like revision control, project specifications, unit testing, etc.. )

MangAdmin2 will be developed with the Ace3 libs, including AceGUI, so as a result, we'll likely not be using Framelib in the future. The 'big deal' about MangAdmin2 will be that it will be a base 'host' addon that detects and loads plugins that conform to our (in development) plugin API. A plugin will be four lua files: a GUI, a DB layer, a core logic layer (there's my n-tier background again), and lastly a command logic file. A plugin should be for a specific group of similar functions, such as character manipulation, npc manipulation, etc. Of the four files making a plugin, only the command logic file will contain emulator specific code. So if I write a character plugin, there will be these files: char_UI.lua, char_db.lua, char_core.lua, and ma_char_cmd.lua. Notice that the last has 'ma_' prepended. This will tell the plugin manager that the file is a Mangos plugin. When the addon initializes, it will look for ma_ (mangos), tr_ (trinity), ar_ (arc), asc_ (ascent), and asp_ (aspire).

We will write 'official' plugins supporting Mangos and Trinity, but we will also host 'third party' plugins for these cores or Arc/Ascent/Aspire... or WoWemu.. or whatever. A dev can write the four plugin files for whatever core/emu and whatever functional area he/she wants and get a completely seperate look... or just write the xx_yyyy_cmd.lua and use the official versions of the other three files to keep the look-n-feel of MangAdmin2. In this manner, you could write an Arc/Ascent/Aspire plugin for MangAdmin2, and let MangAdmin take care of the presentation communication, and db layers.

This will be a monumental project. We expect to spend the winter nailing down the specs, writing the API and doing a lot of proof-of-concept work. Spring for start of development in earnest, perhaps a beta by early summer.

I would entertain having a couple of experienced coders who do Arc/Ascent/Aspire join the crew to develop for those cores. Like you maybe?

Twisted7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    Twisted7,

Thanks for the kind words, very much appreciated. FrameLib was written by my partner-in-crime, Josh, who is our project lead. It is released under GPL.. uh.. 3 I think. Anyway, you can use it as long as the comment headers stay intact and proper attribution is given.

Re: Arc/Ascent/Aspire - What follows here is the first public revelation of this info (sshhhh! dont tell anyone! :

Ok, I see what you mean. I actually installed an Ascent core and dB to look at it. I wont get into any flamewars over this... it just isnt for me. That said, it is VERY powerful, particularly with the ability to script with LUA.

So, Josh and I have been laying out a spec for MangAdmin2. (I come from a background of 15 years of business software development, so I am big on things like revision control, project specifications, unit testing, etc.. )

MangAdmin2 will be developed with the Ace3 libs, including AceGUI, so as a result, we'll likely not be using Framelib in the future. The 'big deal' about MangAdmin2 will be that it will be a base 'host' addon that detects and loads plugins that conform to our (in development) plugin API. A plugin will be four lua files: a GUI, a DB layer, a core logic layer (there's my n-tier background again), and lastly a command logic file. A plugin should be for a specific group of similar functions, such as character manipulation, npc manipulation, etc. Of the four files making a plugin, only the command logic file will contain emulator specific code. So if I write a character plugin, there will be these files: char_UI.lua, char_db.lua, char_core.lua, and ma_char_cmd.lua. Notice that the last has 'ma_' prepended. This will tell the plugin manager that the file is a Mangos plugin. When the addon initializes, it will look for ma_ (mangos), tr_ (trinity), ar_ (arc), asc_ (ascent), and asp_ (aspire).

We will write 'official' plugins supporting Mangos and Trinity, but we will also host 'third party' plugins for these cores or Arc/Ascent/Aspire... or WoWemu.. or whatever. A dev can write the four plugin files for whatever core/emu and whatever functional area he/she wants and get a completely seperate look... or just write the xx_yyyy_cmd.lua and use the official versions of the other three files to keep the look-n-feel of MangAdmin2. In this manner, you could write an Arc/Ascent/Aspire plugin for MangAdmin2, and let MangAdmin take care of the presentation communication, and db layers.

This will be a monumental project. We expect to spend the winter nailing down the specs, writing the API and doing a lot of proof-of-concept work. Spring for start of development in earnest, perhaps a beta by early summer.

I would entertain having a couple of experienced coders who do Arc/Ascent/Aspire join the crew to develop for those cores. Like you maybe?
    Huh, I didn't even notice the 20 line GPLv3 header at the top of the file. Thanks for the the confirmation, anyway.

MangAdmin2 sounds like it will be amazing, "monumental project" is right! I also really love the plugin idea, it sounds like a great way to shift the burden of maintaining (or hell, establishing) compatibility with other emulators to the user community, especially with the ability to provide multiple command-sets for the same "official" plugin.

While I truly wish I could be able to contribute to development in some way, to be quite honest I don't think I will be of much use. You've been involved in software development for nearly as long as I've been alive (16 in three days), and I've only been coding for about three years, with a paltry 7 months of Lua experience, and a good sized chunk of those three years was wasted messing around with VB6/.Net. I may be able to provide the command logic files for some flavors of Ascent, but beyond that I'm doubtful. But hey, you never know.

Anyway, thanks for your post and your work on this addon, I am very interested in seeing how this project progresses. Even if it would be only for MaNGOS, the coding part of it is what sparks most of my interest. Good luck on the upcoming planning stages!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast