Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to run wow client without internet??

Hello I have a doubt that for more that I look for in the internet nobody has answer, to see I mounted a LOD server and I have the client (the game) already downloaded, now my question is going to look strange but I want to play in my house with a group of Friends on a local network, no internet, but when you run the client (wow.exe) this automatically goes to internet, no internet, does not open gives an error, anyway I want to know how to open the game without having an internet connection .. I am going to play on my local server .. I hope you understood me .. thank you very much
    Sorry for mi english

How to run wow client without internet??
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    150/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a server running you do not need an internet connection to connect to it as long as it is still accessible on the network.

You just connect to the internal IP of the computer on the network, and make sure a realm is hosting on that address. To connect locally from the same machine hosting you will need to have another realm hosting on localhost that is the same gameserver.

renjix85's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand you but to connect to my local server first I have to run the client, have to open and ask me user and pass, the client without internet does not open, just happens with WOD and Legion, before with cataclysm you simply double clicked the client though Out on a pc without any network and opened, in these two last clients when you open them if you do not have a direct connection to the internet do not open, my particular case I have in my house a local network that is not connected in any way to Internet and I want to invite some friends to play arenas for a weekend, but the client does not open without internet .. my question is simple, is there any way to open it, run it and open both WOD and Legion? Already after connecting it to my server and that autentique is easy thing ... I hope you understand me and you can give me some idea ..

brotalnia's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    26/300
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think newer expansions require a patched exe to connect to private servers. With the arctium legion sandbox you first had to drop WowB.exe into the patcher and then you could start the game.

5. Thanks renjix85 (1 members gave Thanks to brotalnia for this useful post)
    renjix85's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, where do I find it?

GameHelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    452/2169
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by renjix85 View Post
    I understand you but to connect to my local server first I have to run the client, have to open and ask me user and pass, the client without internet does not open, just happens with WOD and Legion, before with cataclysm you simply double clicked the client though Out on a pc without any network and opened, in these two last clients when you open them if you do not have a direct connection to the internet do not open, my particular case I have in my house a local network that is not connected in any way to Internet and I want to invite some friends to play arenas for a weekend, but the client does not open without internet .. my question is simple, is there any way to open it, run it and open both WOD and Legion? Already after connecting it to my server and that autentique is easy thing ... I hope you understand me and you can give me some idea ..
    I don't have latest WOW or I would have written a small script for you but

Just as a general idea what you can do is open wireshark and see which IP/PORT or URL does it ping/access to check for internet access.
    then point that URL to 127.0.0.1 or redirect that IP/PORT to your local computer.

or another thing you can do is use (Download) to modify the client in a way that it doesn't check for internet.

depending on your binary editing skills or computer networking skill you can achieve 1 of the above 2 solution.

Good luck, Happy gamming.
    If I did not reply to you, it mean the question you are asking is stupid.

8. Thanks renjix85 (1 members gave Thanks to GameHelper for this useful post)
    renjix85's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My skills are limited but I fully understood the idea, I had already thought of something similar that I do not know exactly how to do it .. thank you very much for your answer

doityourself's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    35/448
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before patch 7.1.0 the client always queried http://.../versions and /cdn files. to open it offline an easy way would to response with a local server on these urls.
    On 7.1.0+ the client only queries these if there is no .build.info file in the wow directory, so that one should run offline without problems (I haven't looked for new checks, so I may be wrong)