Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://github.com/mangoszero/server

Have you given this a go?

What you COULD do my friend.. and THIS is the easiest route i could think of..

Download software ( forgot the name ) which allows you to create a 2ndary Partition - which is going to be Windows 7.

You can download a copy of Windows 7 using Piratebay (never download froma source without a SKULL) or Kat. Using a crack tto make that copy legit..

After you have windows 7 ( thiss is very similar to having VMWare for windows.) - Once windows 7 is installed, go ahead and follow the guide above. You now have a Private server on your Linux machine!

Enjoy mate. Let me know if this option works for you - Specific software out there may require a key or whatever, just remember you can look on piratebay for that software + a key / crack and job done

Create A -- Vanilla 1.12.1 Server Of Your Own -- In Less Than 5 Minutes
    bgeg1626's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I've followed your steps carefully and I can't seem to get Mangosd.exe nor realmd.exe to work, they both instantly cancel when I click them, reason is I could not connect to MySQL Database at 127.0.0.1:Acess Denied for user 'root'@.... local host (using password: Yes)
    Cannot Connect to world database 127.0.0.1;3306;root;ascent;mangos
    Any idea why this problem occours?

jetson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems as mysql isnt running make sure you start mysql.bat befor the realm

jetson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also for those of you that dont know the default account on the server is administrator/administrator

also regarding making it public idk the way in navicat direcly i use heidisql it seems easier to use and getting into it you need the account name and pass and those are (root/ascent) port:3306 and so once you gotten in you will go into realmd/realmlist and you will find the realm and what you need to do is to open a port on your router, once you done that you import your ip into both servers realmlist and your own and change the port to the port number and that should be it. the people just need your ip to be able to connect then. you can use hamachi aswell but i dont remember that process but theres guides out there (tho dont forget people cant login without an account so you might need an website linked to the server)

5. Thanks Kargos666 (1 members gave Thanks to jetson for this useful post)
    Bokutox's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    90/65
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so... O answer the guy above..

Its quite simple really what ur talking about is making a public seerver it seems, entring a password is not needed whn this is downloaded.

You download the files, put thm in the correct folder etc etc..

Run

MYSQL 1st.

REALMD.exe 2nd

MANGOSD 3rd.

The KEY to this.. Once u open MYSQL.bat let it completly load up.. when its done with all thee text, open Realmd.exe let it load up, if it auto closes its cause MYSQL isnt completely loaded up. then run mangosd and enter the commands aboove

jetson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you and Another one was asking how to make it public and i just answeard

tho idk if the thing you said about password is directed to me or not, if it is well once you started Everything and launched the client yes the default account info is administrator/administrator and you do need to enter (root/ascent) to be able to get into navicat or heidisql

Thanks G/R
    90/65
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i was able to get into it using that program, got th password right and changed my realmlist.. port forwardd everything, and now i just need a server to host on.

like, publicDNS or smoe shit that gives me an IP and an address, do i need this? i tried a few sies, got th Connecting screen but that was the furthest i got.

jetson's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya you need to go to Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP orhttp://dyn.com/ make a host

and heres the things that i forgot to meantion port 3724, 8085, 3306 needs to be open

and if you open realmd.conf and mangosd.conf and scroll down you will have to change the ip there aswell to your new one

10. Thanks Kargos666 (1 members gave Thanks to jetson for this useful post)
    Kargos666's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A possibly strange question, with the files I downloaded, the .conf files appear to have had their layout scrambled, is this the same for other people, or perhaps I'm just unlucky. Is there anything anyone could point me to, so I can better understand some of the syntax used in the .conf files (eg what denotes a comment, what does # or ## represent)?

So I can look at making the file more readable, at least the portions that I'm interested in playing with.

For anyone that's interested, I've managed to get these server files running across a LAN, and will post step-by-step instructions, when I've worked out exactly what steps were required and which weren't.

Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turns out making this server public is even easier then I thought it would be.

*This is all done assume your hosting the server on a computer on your local network
    (1) Open up the ports 3306, 8085 and 3724 on your router, and make sure they are being forwarded (Port Forwarding) to the IP address of the machine that's hosts your server
    (2) Set your router to assign a fixed IP address to the computer hosting the server, it does this using the computer's NICs MAC Address
    (3) With the server software, open up the MySQL database using HeidiSQL or something similar, goto the database realmd and open the table realmlist
    (4) Change the IP address in there, to your external IP Address, found by googling whatismyIP
    (5) To allow others to connect, you need to now put your external IP into the realmlist.wtf file, for people outside of your network
    (6) For people already on your LAN, just put the internal IP Address of the server (usually 192.168.##.##)

If your looking at having a public server and loads of folks joining, its probably worth using Internet Intelligence | Traffic Management | Performance Monitoring | Managed DNS | Domain Registration | Remote Access | Email Delivery to sort out a DNS re-route, and website, and protection for your server. If your just hosting for a few friends like me, all that stuff probably isn't needed.

Zelos111's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the guide. I wanted to play with a friend, but he only has a Mac. So if I install this on my Windows, what does he need to join me? Is there a Mac client that's working with this guide?

Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All your mate should need is a 1.12.1 client

I can think of a couple of options for your mate with a mac

(1) Search this forum for a Mac vanilla client, or search torrent sites, there must be one available somewhere in the world, that someone uploaded
    (2) Failing that, assuming he's got a Intel based mac, use 'bootcamp' to install windows onto a partition, that way he can simply just use the client the OP links to

Hope that helps

Thanks G/R
    90/65
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zelos111 View Post
    Thank you for the guide. I wanted to play with a friend, but he only has a Mac. So if I install this on my Windows, what does he need to join me? Is there a Mac client that's working with this guide?
    Ur homeboyd will need to install a VM on his mac.. so he can have a Windows computer within his mac.. google how to do this thres plenty of sooftware out there ( use piratebay or w.e. to get a crack)

this guides only for Windows.

lyionx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realmlist.wtf file not download, and update

HonkL's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi nice job.. btw i need 14 rank in PVP but i dont know how.. can you tell me somebody how to do it ?? Command on .honor add cant do :'( i have only this commands.. >> Alle GM Befehle für Mangos << - !!!!! WICHTIG !!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast