Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short Gold Guide - How to AOE farm as Mage - Vanilla -to- WoD

Hey Guys!

Credited to:
    http://www.almarsguides.com/wow/farming/farminglocs.cfm

Some of it. The rest is my own work Thanks.

Mage AOE Talent Spec
    Talent Calculator - AoWoW - World of Warcraft Database
    Simple guide on farming DME as a Mage
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS5zrT60tEw
    Was going to put how to farm the last boss but that’s a big part of my paid guide , this will suffice for now.

So, as a mage – Using AOE is great for leveling ( if 40+ ) and Great for Farming.
    What you want to do is pull your group of mobs and once you have your stack, Frost nova them, and then run away – you don’t want to use Blink, cause when the mobs get to you, this is what you will use.

Frost Nova, run, then start using Blizzard @ max rang – since you spec’d into Permafrost the mobs will stay rooted for awhile – once the mobs actually reach you, Cone of Cold them, then blink away, and start your blizzard all over again – once they reach you again, Frost Nova – then Rinse and Repeat.

Now that you know how to use your spell rotation, lets jump into some farming spots.

I wont deny, Instance farming is a Great resource for farming, Cloth.. Items.. Gold etc
    I am going to focus more on World Drop farming in this guide. But to each his own!

One of my favorite spots to farm is in Ferales. You have amazing cloth drops, amazing item drops, and stuff that sells for a decent amount to vendors.

Specifically; Sprite Darters
    Sprite Darter - NPC - AoWoW - World of Warcraft Database

The MAIN reason to farm these mobs, is for Staff of Jordan, and Any of the other Epcs.
    Staff of Jordan sells for around 500g. and people buy it quite often cause its great till 60. You could get 2 of these and be done with your epic mount!

Next we will be farming Dark Whelplings

Average Gold Per Hour: 30
    Level Recommended: 40

One of two locations for players to farm for the Dark Whelping is in Badlands. The Dark Whelping is an out of combat pet that sells very well on the Auction House because of its rarity. On most realms, the Dark Whelpling will sell for 500 to 1000g! If you're a skinner than you will be making tons of money here just by farming and selling the Thick and Heavy Leather that you get. Or if you're a miner you will be able to collect any of the Mithril and Truesilver in the area.
    Another thing worth noting here is you will only find the Scalding Whelplings to the north and south of Lethor Ravine. Inside of Lethor Ravine itself is level 50 elite dragons which will probably kill you depending on your level. Also, the level 50 elite dragons do not drop the Dark Whelpling which means there is no reason for you to even bother killing them.

Next Location – EPL / WPL – Runecloth farming / EPICs

The Crusader Enchant was one of the most popular farming locations back at level 60. This enchant was the best enchant you could put on a weapon for a melee class way back in the day. Up in northern Western Plaguelands you will find Sarlet Spellbinders. There isn't a large pack of them that spawn, actually there are only maybe ten up at all times. The best place for you to find the Scarlet Spellbinders are in the large tower to the right of the road further north. You can see it on the map above this paragraph, it is the most furthern north point with three yellow dots around it.

Aside from the Crusader enchant you can also expect to find some other goodies like greens, blues, epics, runecloth, potions and more! - Bad paragraph segway - There is also another location for players to farm for the Crusader Enchant and that is in Tyr's Hand of Eastern Plaguelands.
    Crusader Enchant Farming Location:

In Tyr's Hand you will want to be killing the Scarlet Archmages for your shot at the Crusader Enchant. The drop rate in Tyr's Hand is ever so slightly higher than the drop rate in Western Plaguelands for the Crusader Enchant. The only down side to farming in Tyr's Hand is that the Scarlet Archmages you will be killing are level 55 - 57 elites. What this means is you probably won't be able to be as efficient in your farming here as you would in Western Plaguelands at level 60. In order for Tyr's Hand to really stand out for farming and better drop rates you will need to be at least level 63 or more.

Of course since you're killing elites the drop rate for Runecloth, Greens and Silver will be much higher. More good news is for elites they are quite squishy and will go down pretty fast. (Insert sexual comment/innuendo) Also, good news is if you're a Rogue here will be almost a gold mine for you if you pick-pocket all of the mobs before you kill them. The lock boxes you get from pick-pocketing these mobs will sell to players looking to raise their faction with the Shen'dralar for the Insane in the Membrane Achievement. The hardest part about selling the lock boxes is finding someone that is interesting in buying them and in mass amounts.

VIDEO
    https://www.youtube.com/feature=player_embedded

Items from these farming locations
    Runecloth
    Grey Items to Vendor
    Major Healing Potion
    Major Mana Potion
    Crusader Enchant
    Lockboxes (Rogue Only)

Scarlet Monestary Small Radiant Shard Farming

Scarlet Monestary Small Radiant Shard Farming is prob an easy way to make gold sice e shards are RQUIRED by enchanting to make awesomestuff – spd boot nhance.
    Cathedral will probably be double whatever armory for total gold made, especially if you count in all the extra elites they will be looting after they take out the bosses..
    Scarlet Monestary is also another GREAT way to make gold via Powerlevel Runs.
    You spam that you are selling SM Runs for 10g+ ,, each Person. 50g Group. That alone, 50g in what 20 minutes is worth it – but we will cover that in the next chapter.

The Winterspring Owlbeasts were one of my favorite farming locations around level 60. There are close to one hundred of them far to the north of Everlook and it is very rare to see someone come up here for almost any reason. The Owlbeasts are rather generic mobs. They have a medium amount of armor and a medium amount of health. The good news about them is they drop tons of grey items that add up very quickly at a vendor. Any of the greys you get from here you will want to hold on to until the next time you get to a vendor. (Trust me, the money from the greys adds up!)
    If you have skinning there will be really no extra-benefits to this camp but if you have Herbalism or Mining you will be able to almost double your money here from all the herbs and mines that spawn around the camp. You will find some Golden Sansam, Mountain Silversage, Dreamfoil and sometimes a Thorium or even Rich Thorium Deposit around the camp.

Aside from that small amount of information there isn't much more for you to know about the Owlbeasts.

Hope this produced some much needed gold!
    Cheers
    Last edited by Bokutox; 02-26-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Short Gold Guide - How to AOE farm as Mage - Vanilla -to- WoD
  2. Thanks Augury13, Krack3n (2 members gave Thanks to Bokutox for this useful post)
    Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the farming guide, Once i hit 60 on my mage this will really help! +rep if i can

Bokutox's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    90/65
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are most very welcome.

More to come soon, havee 50+ farm spots in my paid guide, might take a few more and post em up for yall.Atleast the ones i dont use as much as the othr

Spooch's Avatar Notice Me Senpai CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    134/62
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... Stealing guides from other peoples sites is just low.. and also taking credit for them is even lower....
    Stop Copy/Pasting and posting it here. You just make yourself look even more miserable.

Dark Whelpling Farming Guide
    Crusader Enchant Farming Guide
    Winterspring Owlbeasts Farming Guide

and in case you edit your thread: Screenshot by Lightshot
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

Xecis's Avatar Legendary CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    36/113
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Spooch View Post
    Wow... Stealing guides from other peoples sites is just low.. and also taking credit for them is even lower....
    Stop Copy/Pasting and posting it here. You just make yourself look even more miserable.

Dark Whelpling Farming Guide
    Crusader Enchant Farming Guide
    Winterspring Owlbeasts Farming Guide

and in case you edit your thread: Screenshot by Lightshot
    Damn Daniel!

7. Thanks Augury13 (1 members gave Thanks to Xecis for this useful post)
    Bokutox's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    90/65
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow now, lets be clear nithr took crdit nor gave it to th proper people - i did edit my post and added a link.

"this is apart of myguide" yes, i have myown guide i use, perrsonally nothing th public is included on and this is whre th statment comes from i understand the ccconfusion and i appologise.. th credit has been markd at th top of th pag
    Last edited by Bokutox; 02-27-2016 at 10:02 AM.