Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted

Deleted - GDPR
    Last edited by Valkryst; 10-04-2023 at 12:13 PM. Reason: GDPR

[DBC Editing] Creating New Factions
  2. Thanks 6thsense (1 members gave Thanks to Valkryst for this useful post)
    Valkryst's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replying to a post from another thread (How to display opposing faction.) here. It was relevant so here goes.

Originally Posted by Daniel1559 View Post
    I am following the tutorial you posted and I have edited columns 15 and 17(which I am assuming to determine how a faction shows up in the reputation bar) to be 0 in both. However I still cannot display a opposing faction in the reputation bar. And I tried this as a human character with the add reputation cheat in trinitycore. Is there anything I'm missing?
    If you mean columns 15 and 17 of Faction.dbc then you've only edited part of what you need to change. Those two fields only affect the reputation panel of the character screen.

What I would suggest trying/doing next is to make the faction neutral by editing columns 3 and 4 of Faction.dbc. That should allow the Horde factions to show up on Alliance characters while maintaining their hostility towards Alliance characters (if you didn't edit FactionTemplate.dbc). If it doesn't then just comment below with everything that you've tried and the results that you've seen after each change. Creating new factions and figuring out new things in the DBC files can take time, but almost anything is possible.

Daniel1559's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, really helpful. I also have another quetion. Suppose I create a new faction and I want to set a cap on the highest possible faction one can get, how can I do it(for instance, the max faction standing of faction x for everyone is friendly or if player is Alliance and Faction x's parent faction is Horde, how to make it not go beyond hated or hostile)

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall there being any factions with any sort of a set reputation standing other than the Bloodsail Buccaneers so there most-likely isn't a way to cap the highest reputation standing other than some sort of core edit or spending a bit of time on the mobs, quests, etc... to make it so that it's impossible to get past the reputation standing that you want it to stop at just as Blizz did with the Bloodsail faction.

By reputation standing I mean neutral, friendly, honored, revered, exalted, etc...

peet117's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I have a big problem whit the custom factions. After a relog they disappear from character screen, bust shows on exp bar and the rep value shows too.
    I miss something or this is some kind of bug?

Update: I solved the problem by duplicate az existing faction and modifying it.
    Last edited by peet117; 03-16-2015 at 04:01 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by peet117 View Post
    Hi I have a big problem whit the custom factions. After a relog they disappear from character screen, bust shows on exp bar and the rep value shows too.
    I miss something or this is some kind of bug?

Update: I solved the problem by duplicate az existing faction and modifying it.
    Glad you fixed it. I usually don't use this site, so if you ever have another problem just post it on the blog or over on modcraft/acweb.