0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Birds and Bee's of Trinity.

I am here to show you around TrinityCore so you don't end up like those noobs saying "HAY ERROR WITH SQL SYNTAX. WAT?"
    1. The commands
    Code:
    !gm on - > Turns <GM> tag on and makes you unattackable. Also allows x-faction chat.
    !gm chat on - > Turns on the  Tag behind your name. Example: You says: Roar.
    !die - > Kills target.
    !gm fly on - > Turns your mid-air swimming on.
    !mute *plrname, time in minutes* - > Disable a players chat for an amount of time in minutes.
    More on commands soon. But that's not the main point of this post.
    SYNTAX ERROR WITH UPDATE?!!?!
    Well, let's go over SQL basics.
    Code:
    UPDATE *Column* *table* WHERE entry=EntryID
    INSERT INTO - > Inserts data into the DB.
    ; - > Breaks. Required if you wish to insert more than 1 Query.
    ;; - > Not an SQL statement. If you see a double break, remove one of those. ;; - > ;
    -- - > A comment. Ex: UPDATE `creature_template` SET `scriptname`="SmartAI" WHERE entry=55291 -- Comment. Will not execute with the code.
    How about scripting creatures?! Well, it's pretty easy. I have a guide on that but it's not complete yet. Haven't gotten to it. Check it out in a few. How about SQL scripting? Can't you do that? Sure! EventHorizon SAI editor is the best thing for SmartAI ever. SmartAI is a basic version of C++ boss scripting.

Well, LineZer0.I don't think I can do this. I was given an error, I set up the WHOLE DB, the conf files and such...and it gives me an error with something involving "VMtree 0"..
    It's quite easy to fix....Follow the damned guide. You need visual maps,, maps and DBC.. Otherwise you can't run Worldserver.exe (or Worldserver if you use Linux, or .app if Mac).

BUT BUT BUT..I duno how to make fixes! How do I learn C++?!?!?!? Well first, google or watch YouTube. After a few months of studying with your lazy ass, you should check the TC base syntax and learn the functions and then go from there.

Okay..What is a hack fix then? I hear they're okay to have.
    It depends really. If it involves something within the worldserver, it can lead to memory leaks, but if its just in a script, it can just be commented to fix. It can always lead to instabilities and crashes, though.

LINEZER0, YOU'RE BAD AT THIS. You're a dick and I still got an SQL error: Connection to MySQL server has gone away. YOU DICK!!!!
    Well, if you'd go into your My.INI file.. YOu could change the max packet size from 2M to 40M...Or just complain to me.

LINEZER0...I NEED YOUR HEEEEEELP
    Post it on the thread, buddy.

LineZer0, what kind of knowledge is required to use TrinityCore?
    Well, to run it with efficiency, you should have knowledge of basic C++ & SQL. If you cannot modify a boss script, you're not ready to run a server. If you can't do SmartAI scripts, you're not ready for a server.
    Last edited by LineZer0; 04-28-2013 at 04:50 PM.

The Birds and Bee's of Trinity.