0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to look for in staff members

Well, at this point in time, your probably looking for staff members in your server! Well, ol' Turtles is here to help! Here are a few, but not ALL things to look for in staff!

1. Dedication. Did they tell you that you should hire them because they want to help? Deny them. Unoriginal, and proves they are on a powertrip. They want power and abilities that players don't. If they REALLY are dedicated, they will be more original and show that they are a peoples person.

2. Requirements criteria. Did they meet the requirements in which you posted them to have? Don't hire them off the bat. My next step will go into detail moreso than this one, but make sure they are friendly shown and give them an introduction to the other staff members!

3. THE APPLICATION! DO NOT ask for an application template like Scriptcraft or a bunch of other servers. A self conjured application will prove they are more mature and abled to do the job!

4. The other staff members! I don't really like to speak out like this, but you cannot have a staff like Unlimited-Gaming does, doesn't settle disputes against anyone but the person they don't like. *Cough* Korrigal + Natrist *cough*, anyway. I still think Unlimited-Gaming will be successful outside of GM support, though. On with the guide. The staff members have to be able to work as a team, if they can't do 1 of 2 things. Put them in a group of smaller staff members or fire them off the bat.

5. The application got turned it! :O. You get the application yet? Well, good! Did it list the following: Age, location, time and a few self-conjured subjects? If so, seriously contemplate it! If not, give them the giant middle finger out of there!

6. Hiring. Before this is done, you should set the GM account limitations. Then make the HIRED NEW GM a rank 1 or 2 depending on how donor ranks work. Personally, I do Blizzlike and small customizations. Just make sure your rank 1/2 Gms don't have access to .die, or in ArcEmu's case, .kill. I'll make a list of commands to avoid giving new-comer GMs.

7. The LIST OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

1. .kill/.die
    2. .mod HP/Any other variation
    3. .Cheat commands if ArcEmu or skyfire
    4. .GM fly on, or any variation of a cheat command.
    5. .additem/any other .add command
    6. .morph commands, I realize these can be fun, but they can also be unfair or annoying to players.
    7. Limit ALL non-administrators to .gm vis on commands unless its a server where GMs can appear.
    8. any faction changing or race changing, or even gender changing commands. That should be a payed service and should be only accessed by administrators or customer support staff.
    9. The last but not least... .learn commands, you don't want some foolish GM casting Fury of Frostmourne and crashing the entire server and wiping out half of Kalimdor!

8. Congrats, you have a GM! Did they do everything and you limited the commands? Congrats, have them make an account, and set the GM level in either the database, or the console.

Thanks for reading this, best regards

-Turtleswin

Tell me what you think! Need tech support or teamviewer support? No problem, I do both! Add iamaturtlehehe on skype if you get confused or have a question! (:
    Last edited by turtleswin; 01-02-2013 at 01:20 PM.

What to look for in staff members
    turtleswin's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also contact me on skype at iamaturtlehehe