Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to compile TrinityCore from scratch!

Greetings, Ownedcore! I realize that there is alot of these tutorials, but my tutorial is a bit more 'Noob friendly'. So sit tight and prepare to bleed out of your eyes!

Step 1. Downloadable programs (I'm giving you links ONLY to required stuff!)

GitExtensions233SetupComplete.msi - gitextensions - Git Extensions 2.33 Windows installer, complete including MSysGit and KDiff3 - Git Extensions is the only graphical user interface for Git that allows you control Git without using the commandline.
    You can use either visual C++ 2010 or 2008, but I will be using 2010! Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
    CMake - Cross Platform Make
    Shining Light Productions - Win32 OpenSSL
    Download: .NET Framework 3.5 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details << only download if you do not have the 3.5 Framework !
    Download HeidiSQL I will be using Heidisql, because it can handle bigger queries than Navicat and SQLyog.
    You will also need MySQL, but thats easy to get. Google it

I know, so many things to download and install! Trust me, its worth it!

Step 2. Create a folder to pull the files such as C:/Trinity Sourcecode, left click the folder and click "GitExtensions" and click clone, this is what you should put in the first bar

https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore.git
    Easy, right? Don't need to change anything else in that part!

Step 3. This is the hardest part! Create a new folder named something simple, like "build". Run CMake, and then as the source folder, you'll open your folder that you made earlier ( I used Trinity Sourcecode). The other one is pretty self explanatory! Then what you'll do is click configure, and a bunch of red boxes will appear. Make sure you have them all checked, then click configure again. Then click Generate! MAKE SURE that you have your compiler as Visual Studios 10 native compiler or this will not work ! (Unless you use 2008, but i'm not doing 2008!)Close it.

Step 4. Almost there! What you need to do for the next step, is compile Trinity! Heres what your going to do, go to the build folder and open "TrinityCore.SLN", go to the top and click "release" and make sure its on a 32 bit selection! Click the green arrow and the compiling will begin ^_- You will get an error at the end, just click okay to that. Also, remember to build old projects You need the following for the core to work properly.

Step 5. The following! These are what you need to get the core to work: ACE.dll
    libeay32.dll
    libmySQL.dll
    ssleay32.dll
    worldserver.exe
    authserver.exe
    ACE.dll
    Sadly, you will have to get the dll's off a repack, i'll upload them to Mediafire later for you to download.

Step 6. SO CLOSE! Remember how I told you to get MySQL? Well here's where its required! Make sure that the database user and pass are something you'll remember, but are also hackerproof if you plan to make the server public! Now, this is the biggest step. Make a new folder named something simple..Like.. "TrinityServer". Now, go back to your build folder, open Bin, and then open the next folder and then copy all the files in the folder, paste them into "TrinityServer". For the Authserver and Worldserver, you'll have to rename them from "Worldserver.conf.dist" and "Auth.conf.dist" to Auth.conf and World.conf , its essential. Next, you'll go into the folders, find the database info, and then you have to set the database info with the following, your root and password and the database name!
    I'll go into detail about the DB name in the next step, heres an example of the root and password: 127.0.0.1:Root:Example:characters

Step 7. Setting up the databases! This is the most essential part, you've come so far! So , what you do is open Heidisql, and sign in with your Mysql into under new connection. Left click anywhere under the username. EX: Root. Then proceed to click "New Database". Create the following: auth, world and characters. This is another tricky part. Go to https://github.com/trinitycore/trinitycore/downloads and download one of them. Now , go to your SQL folder inside the source, and open the SQLs, run the characters SQL, the auth SQL, and close it. Oh, and don't forget to execute the queries under the CORRECT DATABASE! Now, click import in heidisql, then find your world SQL.

Step 8. Second to last step! Now, set up the configs with the database info like this: Name of SQL Databse:Password of SQL Database:auth
    ^^ This one applys for auth and world
    these 3 only apply to worldserver!
    SQLUsername:SQLPassword:Characters
    SQLUsername:SQLPassword:World
    SQLUsername:SQLPassword:Auth
    DO NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE IPS! I will tell you how to go public with hamachi in another guide!

Step 9. Your done! Ready to make an account?! If you did the configs right, you may now launch Worldserver/Authserver, when they both boot up, click Worldserver, and create your account by typing: .acc crea *username*SPACE HERE*password*. To make the account a GM, either go into HeidiSQL/Navicat/SQLyog and change it, or type in the console: .acc set gm *username* 3 -1

CONGRATULATIONS, you now have a TrinityCore server!

Did you get confused? No issue! Skype request iamaturtlehehe for technical support or questions!
    I WILL do this for you on Teamviewer and such if you agree that I am not responsible for anything that happens (even though nothing bad will!)
    Thanks for reading, leave your feedback. This is my first guide. Thanks!

-Turtleswin

How to compile TrinityCore from scratch!
  2. Thanks Flourishable (1 members gave Thanks to turtleswin for this useful post)
    XxXGenesisXxX's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't exactly call this "a bit more 'Noob friendly'". None the less, it's still a decent effort for your first guide, you should try add pictures next time though xD.

Thanks for the input, keep it up! +rep.

turtleswin's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by XxXGenesisXxX View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call this "a bit more 'Noob friendly'". None the less, it's still a decent effort for your first guide, you should try add pictures next time though xD.

Thanks for the input, keep it up! +rep.
    Okay, thanks! I will try a bit more next time!

Harambeqt's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide need to spread some rep tho...
    Support the #1 WoW Emulator:
    http://arcemu.org/
    https://github.com/arcemu/arcemu
    - - -

Carsten28's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freezed at step 2. haha i don't understand this tutorial

Vragoth's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you getting an error installing Git, " Installation directory must be on local hardrive.".
    You simple open up command prompt, type
    CD Downloads
    msiexec /i "GitExtensions-2.48-SetupComplete.msi" WIXUI_DONTVALIDATEPATH="1"

That should bring up the installer and should install fine.

Blackvision's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guide is not beginner friendly. soz