Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Create a custom vendor, beginner friendly - ManGOSZero (1.12.1)

Creating a custom Vendor NPC MaNGOSZero

Recently I have been lurking around the web and have started to notice more and more vanilla emu servers are being created, some with custom content and some without. I would like to see more with LOADS of custom stuff. And so I hope that, by writing this tutorial, I can help inspire more people to dabble in the wonderful world of Emulator servers and custom content! This tutorial is written with a MaNGOSZero DB in mind, and I'm sure you guys and girls are smart enough to adapt it to suit your various needs. This tutorial assumes you have a server up and running. With that intro out of the way, lets get to making a vendor!

Step One

You will require a database editor (I use HeidiSQL): HeidiSQL - MySQL made easy
    It is a self-explanatory installation.

Step Two

Make a new connection and connect to your database using your MySQL login information. ~MAKE SURE MYSQL IS RUNNING~
    (Username: root Password: ascent) <- If you don't know the info then this is probably it.

Step Three

You should have a bunch of databases available once you have connected. We are focusing on the 'mangos' one for now. Double click on it and look for the table called 'creature_template'.

Now, to the right of this you will see all sorts! Look at the tabs and open the one labelled Data.

Step Four

Now you should see the creature_template table. As you can see there are lots of columns, for now let's focus on the first 5 (ignoring KillCredit 1 and 2).
    Code:
          `entry` - This can be any number you want, so long as it is unique. <- NOTE DOWN THIS NUMBER
          `modelid_1` - This is the display model of the creature (in this case 10913... a kobold vermin id)
          `modelid_2` - See above
          `name` - This is the name of your vendor (Dirty Gerty, for me)
          `subname` - This is the text that appears <Like This> under the creature's `name`

Step Five

Next up are the stats/factions and flags.
    Code:
           `minevel` - The creature's minimum level.
           `maxlevel` - The creature's maximum level.
           `minhealth` / `maxhealth` - As with the mana, you can figure this out. If you feel lost as to what figures to use, take a look at an NPC around the same level.
           `faction_A` - The faction of the creature towards Alliance players. 80 is friendly to A and Hated to H.
           `faction_H` - The faction of the creature towards Horde players. 412 is friendly to H and hated to A.
           `npcflag` - All vendors need to have their flag set to 4 (dont ask me why :P )

Step Six

Scrolling far to the right now we can find the columns AIName, MovementType and InhabitType.
    Set them to EventAI, 1 and 3 (respectively).

Movement type decides whether or not the mob wanders nearby or stands dead still. Set it to 0 to have the mob stand on one spot.

Step Seven

Adding the sweet items, eh? EH? Right.
    Remember the first screenshot? Where you clicked on "creature_template" and then the Data tab? Well do the same thing but this time, instead of "creature_template" - click on "npc_vendor".

Here is where you add the entries regarding what items you want your vendor to sell.
    Code:
          `entry` - The unique entry of your vendor.
          `item` - The entryID of the item you want the NPC to sell. (the same entryID used when you .additem)
          `maxcount` - The maximum number of item the vendor can sell at a time, leave 0 for infinite.
          `incrtime` - The time it takes to restock the item (in seconds)
    You will have to create a new row for each item you want the NPC to sell. If you want them to sell 10 items then make 10 rows with different `item` ids.

Step Eight

Login to your server and spawn the vendor using the custom entry you gave them. ( .npc add customid 1 )
    Enjoy your custom vendor!

I hope this tutorial helped someone take their first steps into custom emu content. /wave

Oh and here is the SQL for the vendor I made as an example, a Kobold Tradesman named Dirty Gerty. He sells some basic blizzlike items - feel free to use him, although if you do, a thanks in this thread would be appreciated

Jesus smokes bud.

Create a custom vendor, beginner friendly - ManGOSZero (1.12.1)
    lecroche's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus smokes bud.

rizalgar's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I am new to Heidi and am having some problems. I make the creature following the instructions, as well as the npc_vendor instructions, but when I log in and place the vendor he has no items. I am making the creature_template entry id and the npc_vendor entry the same (40001) but nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am obviously a bit stupid when it comes to this

jetsonswe's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey im new to this 2 but i messed around with it and all you need to do is to put "type" to "7" and it worked

EEnope's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, is there anyway to make them sitting/preforming other emotes during this process?