Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[GUIDE] MaNGOS 3.1.3 Super Simple Server Setup Wizard (noobpack+)

Download the Wizard: 2shared, Filebeam, Filefactory, Mediafire, Rapidhare

Preliminary Notes:

This wizard does everything for you. Pretty much all you have to do is click "Next" a few times, and you've got a working 3.1.3 WOTLK server installed. It even extracts your maps for you, if you want it to, because I know many people have trouble with that.

Your realmlist is changed for you (for enUS users). Your old realmlist is saved in a file called "realmlistold.wtf".

An uninstaller is included. This will remove the entire server, including the database with all characters, custom items, etc. The maps folder will be preserved, should you wish to use the maps you spent so long extracting with another repack.

Please read this post for a supplemental vendor kit for this repack.

Install instructions:

1) Run the setup program and follow the onscreen instructions.

2) Click "Start Server" in the new folder in your start menu.

3) Run WoW and log in with username "0", "1", "2", or "3". The higher the number, the higher the GM level. Password is same as username.

Common Tasks:

Creating more accounts:
    With the server running, select the mangosd window and type "account create usernamehere passwordhere" to make a new account, "account set addon usernamehere 2" to enable WotLK, and "account set gmlevel usernamehere X" where X is 0, 1, 2 or 3, for gm.

Connecting to the database:
    Run a SQL client like SQLyog Community Edition and log in to localhost (127.0.0.1) with username 'root' and password 'root'. For more help connecting to the database, please watch this animated GIF.

Changing the realm name:
    Open "realmlist" table in the "realmd" database and change the "name" cell to the desired realm name.

Allowing others to connect to the server:
    Open "realmlist" table in the "realmd" database and change the "address" cell to your external IP, then, if applicable, forward ports 3724 and 8085 on your router and/or firewall.

Completely and properly shutting down the server:
    First, right click the restarter (looks like a fish) icon in your system tray (where the clock is) and click exit. Now close out the mangosd and realmd windows by hitting the x button. Next, click "Shutdown MySQL" in the Tools folder in the appropriate start menu folder.

Troubleshooting:

"Cannot connect to database".
    Make sure MySQL is running without errors! The "is there another server running on port 3306" error means you have another copy of MySQL running already. You need to disable or uninstall it before running the included mysql server. To do this, press ctrl+alt+del and click task manager. Open the "Processes" tab and sort by "image name". Find the one that starts with "MySQL", click it, and click End Process. Alternatively, you can run the DB on a different port, simply download the portfix (Filebeam, Filefactory, Rapidshare, 2shared ) and extract to "/world of warcraft/mangos/". If there is no other MySQL server running, you're getting another error, so run the included "MySQL Debug", take a screenshot, and post it here.

I can connect to and view the realmlist, but the realm says "offline" and I can't connect to it
    Check the restarter.exe and mangosd.exe windows. Make sure the server isn't crashing and just reopening itself every few seconds and that it has finished loading. If that doesn't fix the issue, run the included "Debug MaNGOS", take a screenshot, and post it here.

MySQL still doesn't work!
    It happens. Here's 5 mirrors of the SQL dumps so you can import the database into your own MySQL installation: Filebeam, Filefactory, Rapidshare, 2shared For help with this, please watch this gif.
    Last edited by 711; 06-21-2009 at 06:44 AM.

[GUIDE] MaNGOS 3.1.3 Super Simple Server Setup Wizard (noobpack+)
    Gomugomu's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded this (Megaupload gave me a weird, non-english game called farm something) via Rapidshit link and got it up and working. But I have a few questions. Why is there no Ulduar or Ulduar gear in the database? Why are there no DPS dummies in the major cities? Did I do something wrong? Is there a way to enable these things in the game? Please let me know. Thanks for the pack. It's an excellent tool.

Mike3667's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to install. I'm afraid this may be a keylogger or something. But yeah, it's a weird game in another language..

((The filebeam one IS the mangos, testing now.))
    It works, but ever time I press start server the mangos stuff says that it keeps getting denied to the database..
    Last edited by Mike3667; 06-18-2009 at 09:44 PM.

711's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, when I uploaded to megaupload, it finished suspiciously fast, but it was the right filesize, so I'm guessing megaupload assumed I was uploading something that had already been uploaded. I've removed the megaupload link.

And if you're having trouble accessing the database, please see the troubleshooting section.

As for no Ulduar stuff, it appears I neglected a DB update when putting together UDB. My bad. The download links will now represent the very latest UDB version. If you've already installed using the old link (the link that was there before this post was made), you can apply this patch to your database (make sure MySQL is //NOT// running) simply extract the rar to your world of warcraft install folder. You'll be prompted to replace certain database files, just click yes.
    2shared - download dbpatch.rar
    Filebeam - Free Fast File Hosting
    dbpatch.rar
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

I've update the top links for the new installer with updated DB.

And as for anyone afraid I'm trying to give you a keylogger or some other kind of malware, just look at at my previous SSSSW threads, plenty of people vouching for me there. The exe is little more than a self-extracting zip file, just a little more automated.

Mike3667's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was just when it tried to install that forgein game I was suspicious lol. +rep x4 for you. Although, do you have msn or something I can contact you with I'm having some slight problems..

Sporrejävel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Restarter.exe isint answering to my computer it just freezes

711's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know what to tell you about that. You'll just have to run mysql.bat, realmd.exe, and mangosd.exe individually to run the server.

Evergreenz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Edit* Nevermind.. I just had to install the server in WoW directory

My server keep crashing and restarting .. det mysql.bat shows no errors tho, realmd.exe either.

I think this is the error

## Crash! 20-06-2009 13:26:30. .\mangosd.exe has crashed! Lines logged from server.log

2009-06-20 13:26:29 Character Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;root;characters
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 MySQL client library: 5.0.56
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 MySQL server ver: 5.0.27-community
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 Login Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;root;realmd
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 MySQL client library: 5.0.56
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 MySQL server ver: 5.0.27-community
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 Realm running as realm ID 1
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 Using World DB: UDB 0.11.5 (381) for MaNGOS 8029 with SD2 SQL for rev. 1141
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 Using creature EventAI: ACID 0.1.0 - Full Release
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 Using DataDir ./
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 WORLD: VMap support included. LineOfSight:0, getHeight:0
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 WORLD: VMap data directory is: ./vmaps
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 WORLD: VMap config keys are: vmap.enableLOS, vmap.enableHeight, vmap.ignoreMapIds, vmap.ignoreSpellIds
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 ERROR:Check existing of map file './maps/0004331.map': not exist!
    2009-06-20 13:26:29 ERROR:Correct *.map files not found in path './maps' or *.vmap/*vmdir files in './vmaps'. Please place *.map/*.vmap/*.vmdir files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

I tried to extract the maps.. and extractor but nothing happens.
    Last edited by Evergreenz; 06-20-2009 at 06:32 AM.

rogerbodger's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I've never run a private server before, so I downloaded your repack and installed it, however when I start it up it just keeps restarting its self non stop. All I want it for is so I can play it by myself, Don't want it to go online or anything like that.

Abit more detail:

I click run server, the count down begins, a window opens then another then closes and keeps doing that non stop :/ any help would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    roger, you have to install it in your WoW directory, and extract the maps.

rogerbodger's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've done that, but what my problem might be is my wow is on a External hard drive, ive installed it to there but still getting the same problem :/

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then I don't know sry

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Restarter.exe works after an easy restart computer ^^ but now its this wich ports am i gonna open so i can make it public ? 3306 is open that much i know. My friend
    logond on but couldnt find realm but he logond on thats good!

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean Table in realmd please i need help lol

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sporrejävel, I'm having the same problem =( I opened 3724, 8085 & 3306, he can logon and see the server is online. Then when he tries to connect it instant fails and come back to realmlist selection.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast