Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I try to log in via wow, it says unable to connect, why is this?:S
    edit: found out why
    Last edited by bloodborn; 11-29-2012 at 10:28 AM.

[GUIDE] MaNGOS 2.4.3 Super Simple Server Setup Wizard (noobpack+)
    bloodborn's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

insta 70

How do I make my server instant 70?

Jarlen12's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a few questions.

Can i install this on a MacBook?
    If i install this server will it run MoP 5.1 or is it an older version?

Might be dumb questions, but i'm new to this whole server emulating world, and i just want a server to play around on my own.

Harambeqt's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/29
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bloodborn View Post
    How do I make my server instant 70?
    Check your world config (server config) there should be a option called "starting level" or something similar.

Originally Posted by Jarlen12 View Post
    Got a few questions.

Can i install this on a MacBook?
    If i install this server will it run MoP 5.1 or is it an older version?

Might be dumb questions, but i'm new to this whole server emulating world, and i just want a server to play around on my own.
    There are no dumb questions
    If you have access to a Windows or Linux computer it would be alot easier.

I've never been on a mac, atleast not done any development/server hosting.
    But a fellow ownedcore member [EmilioZ] have made a guide, prob outdated but could work.
    -- LINK -- ([GUIDE MAC] How to setup a WoW server on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow leopard))

EDIT: Its for Patch 3.2.x lich king. But google the name and look for a newer version of the repack/core.

EDIT(2): Quote with font color correction.
    Originally Posted by 711 View Post

Download the Wizard:
    Mediafire, 2shared, Rapidshare, Filebeam, Megaupload

Preliminary Notes:

This new wizard does everything for you. Pretty much all you have to do is click "Next" a few times, and you've got a working 2.4.3 server installed. It even extracts your maps for you, if you want it to, because I know many people have trouble with that.

Your realmlist is changed for you. Your old realmlist is saved in a file called "realmlist.wtf.old". Simply run "realmreset.bat" to revert to your old realmlist.

An uninstaller is included. This will remove the entire server, including the database with all characters, custom items, etc. The uninstaller will automatically run realmreset.bat to save you the trouble. The maps folder will be preserved, should you wish to use the maps you spent so long extracting with another repack.

Install instructions:

1) Run the setup program and follow the onscreen instructions.

2) Click "Run MaNGOS" in the new folder in your start menu.

3) Run WoW and log in with username "0", "1", "2", or "3". The higher the number, the higher the GM level. Password is same as username.

Creating more accounts:
    With the server running, select the mangosd window and type "create usernamehere passwordhere" to make a new account, "setbc usernamehere 1" to enable TBC, and "setgm usernamehere X" where X is 0, 1, 2 or 3.

Connecting to the database:
    Run a SQL client like
    SQLyog and log in to localhost (127.0.0.1) with username 'root' and password 'root'. For more help connecting to the database, please watch this animated GIF.

Changing the realm name:

Open "realmlist" table in the "realmd" database and change the "name" cell to the desired realm name.

Allowing others to connect to the server:
    Open "realmlist" table in the "realmd" database and change the "address" cell to your
    external IP, then, if applicable, forward ports 3724 and 8085 on your router and/or firewall.

Completely and properly shutting down the server:
    First, right click the restarter (looks like a fish) icon in your system tray (where the clock is) and click exit. Now close out the mangosd and realmd windows by hitting the x button. Next, click "Stop MySQL Service" in the Tools folder in the appropriate start menu folder. Once the MySQL service has been shutdown, you can click the x button to close that window as well.

Troubleshooting:

"Cannot connect to database".

Make sure MySQL is running without errors! The "is there another server running on port 3306" error means you have another copy of MySQL running already. You need to disable or uninstall it before running the included mysql server. To do this, press ctrl+alt+del and click task manager. Open the "Processes" tab and sort by "image name". Find the one that starts with "MySQL", click it, and click End Process. If there is no other MySQL server running, you're getting another error, so run the included "MySQL Debug", take a screenshot, and post it here.

I can connect to and view the realmlist, but the realm says "offline" and I can't connect to it
    Check the restarter.exe and mangosd.exe windows. Make sure the server isn't crashing and just reopening itself every few seconds and that it has finished loading. If That doesn't fix the issue, run the included "Mangos Debug", take a screenshot, and post it here.
    Last edited by Harambeqt; 01-19-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    Support the #1 WoW Emulator:
    http://arcemu.org/
    https://github.com/arcemu/arcemu
    - - -

ogmrdn's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the thread necromancy here.

I've installed the repack and most things work great. So thanks for that =) It's pretty awesome.
    But I've run into a bit of a problem in-game. Basically the Weapon Masters on the Horde side do not function correctly. The ones in Orgrimmar don't even give the option to train anything, the ones in the Undercity and Silvermoon will only train Daggers, and the one in Thunder Bluff only trains One-Handed Maces. All other weapon types are missing - ie. they don't even show up when I check the "Unavailable" or "Already known" boxes.
    The Alliance Weapon Masters seem to work fine.

How would I go about fixing this?
    Alternatively, is there a way that I can simply let characters start with all class-relevant weapon skills learned (at skill 1 of course)?

Thanks in advance.

xbobx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im having some troubles regarding this repack
    i have downloaded and installed as told in the guide
    but when i try to run the "run mangos", the first thing that gets written is the "are you running another service on port 3306" or w/e, and i dont got any other mysql programs running, and ive even tried to close down the port in my firewall to let mangos access it.. but i still get the same error
    and another weird thing is, when i try to login on my server as a GM with either acc 1 2 or 3 it just says "this account has been closed and is no longer in use",
    and i also get ">> Loaded 0 mangos strings. DB table 'mangos_string' is empty. Cannot continue.", but i have installed everything as told, so i dont know why it cant read the files.
    can anybody help?
    if so, thx in advance

xbobx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay so now the mangos server run
    but i still cant log in to the server, because when i try to log in with any user or password, even the gm ones, it just says "this account has been closed blablabla" :/ does anyone know how to fix that?¨
    Edit: i found out what caused it. Everything is working correct now.
    Last edited by xbobx; 04-12-2013 at 07:02 AM.

joasom's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment 14141

I got this problem after a time hosting the server and cant get it run again :O plis some one know what to do?

BannanaWaffles's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gah, I'll never get any of these working ._.

Well, I was really excited for this, and in all fairness, it does work 90%, but the most important part doesn't.

I've gotten it all up and running, but when I start up my client, the realm is still set to whatever it was set to before setting up the server, and I've made SURE the realmlist is set properly, and the installer changed it just like it should have, so I am out of ideas. I've actually tested it on two different 2.4.3 clients (The one distributed by Feenix and a random one off of TPB) and both of them, even when setting the realmlist manually to 127.0.0.1 still detect and log onto the previous server that was assigned. And thats just plain WIERD.

http://imageshack.us/a/img543/5642/n2xt.png

Kind of desperate for help, I've tried many times to set up a personal server for the sake of research and I've always come into SOME roadblock, I honestly thought this time I had it...

Edit 1: Entirely removing the Realmlist file from the folder of both the Feenix and TPB releases of 2.4.3 cause it to STILL log into their respective, previous set servers. So... Its not even trying to connect to anything else, where is it pulling the ip for the realm from? o.o

I'm going to fresh install Burning Crusade off a retail CD rather then download it and see if I can get it working on that copy, but that might be a problem because I'm certain that it won't be 2.4.3 off the disc, despite the one I'm installing being the later DVD release.

Edit 2: Apparently the Cvar was still flagged to the Feenix realms despite me changing it in the .wtf file. I set the game to launch with the console and set the realmlist Cvar with that, and sucess, I was able to connect to the server :3
    Last edited by BannanaWaffles; 08-06-2013 at 05:53 AM.

Milau's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice guide ....

Arakel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Juan3939 View Post
    Hello, and first thank you for this repack,

I have a question about " Allowing others to connect to the server, ", which file " Realmlist " should i open in order to modify the realm adress ?

' Sorry about my english '

EDIT : I succeed in " Allowing others to connect to the server, " I modified the " Realmd.conf " file in the " /MANGOS " Director, by putting my IP adress instead of 127.0.0.1, but once the players get logged in, they get stucked in the Realm selection screen, they select " Mangos Realm " ( for exemple ), and when they click on OK, they come back on the realm selection screen, ever and ever, where is the problem ?
    There are 2 servers. Login server and game server, you only edited one of them!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112