Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to backup just my user's information from an old data base and restore into a new DB?

I had setup a server using Your (711) noob pack like a week ago and was adding items and npcs and all sorts of goodies... Needless to say I messed something up and it would not let me or any of my users (only like 8 of us) log into the gameworld we were stuck at the realmlist screen. :cry2: Tried reinstalling it to no avail. I backed up my files and went looking for an answer.

In looking for an answer to my problem I came across this new "auto installing" noob pack and said what the hey, I will load it in while I eat dinner. This fixed me right up, I have a working server again, just need to alter my ip address and I am good to go. I just want to extract the users from my old database and stick them in this fresh one so my friends dont have to make new characters. Is there an easy way of doing this?:ne_nau:

Oh yeah, I am using SQLyog as my DB editor.
    Last edited by Beastybeef; 08-23-2008 at 12:01 AM.

[GUIDE] MaNGOS 2.4.3 Super Simple Server Setup Wizard (noobpack+)
    Freakstorm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Beastybeef View Post
    Is there a way to backup just my user's information from an old data base and restore into a new DB?

I had setup a server using Your (711) noob pack like a week ago and was adding items and npcs and all sorts of goodies... Needless to say I messed something up and it would not let me or any of my users (only like 8 of us) log into the gameworld we were stuck at the realmlist screen. :cry2: Tried reinstalling it to no avail. I backed up my files and went looking for an answer.

In looking for an answer to my problem I came across this new "auto installing" noob pack and said what the hey, I will load it in while I eat dinner. This fixed me right up, I have a working server again, just need to alter my ip address and I am good to go. I just want to extract the users from my old database and stick them in this fresh one so my friends dont have to make new characters. Is there an easy way of doing this?:ne_nau:

Oh yeah, I am using SQLyog as my DB editor.
    Wat r u useing?

Beastybeef's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tylerhubb

When you log in it says your realmlist is offline? Is the Realmd.exe file running? (its one of those doss windows) There are two ways to make accounts, through the mangosd.exe console and through a database editor.
    I find its quicker and easier to set them up through the console, I just click on the mangosd.exe window and type create (username here) (password here) and press enter. Now when the server is up and running this screen will always be scrolling new info (kinda like the matrix) dont worry about it if you start typing and what you are typing gets lost in whats scrolling, the server knows exactly what you are typing. So if I wanted to make a username of Bubba and a password of 1234 I would type ...

create Bubba 1234

setbc Bubba 1 (this lets the bubba account play the expansion Burning Crusade)

gm bubba 3 (type this if you want to make Bubba a GM account)

I hope this helps :wavey:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just used the MaNGOS 2.4.3 Super Simple Server Setup Wizard to setup my server again.
    Before I was using [GUIDE] Run a MaNGOS 2.4.3 server in 3 steps with the noobpack by 711

First step is that you Download, install, and Update the client software to version 2.4.3 (I dont know a good link for downloading this though, I have the CDs) then I just ran the file 711 provided here and told it where I installed the World of Warcraft client software and let it do the rest. I then downloaded/installed SQLyog so that I can edit the database (good for things like changing the IP address so you can share the game with friends)

711's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beasty, I'm sorry to say that if you reinstalled the repack over your old pack, you wrote over the database and lost all saved information.

tyler, please read the troubleshooting.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thanks im gonna try it can u stay on i may need some help =P

ops:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I will hang out for a bit. Feel free to post and questions you have and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stuck everything into a rar folder incase I needed it later (LOL I should have done that with the original DB stuff) :doh:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to send you a pm on this but I cant until I have atleast 10 posts. I still have my other installation on my machine. I loaded it to a seperate directory from my WoW folder the first time I installed it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i cant figure out how to get my realms online and also can u take me step by step to creat a user...?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first step is to just install the noobpack and then try to log into the server. To do this you will have to change your realmlist.wtf file in your client software open it with notepad and edit what it says there make it so it only has...

set realmlist 127.0.0.1

save the file

Start the server using Starter.bat, this will open two dos windows, one that has mysql.bat in the title bar and one that has realmd.exe in the title. wait while they do their thing, and you should hear a beep when the Mysql.bat window is finished processing the startup proceedure for the server. When you hear the beep then its running. open your client software (wow.exe) and log in using username 3 and password 3. if this works you are up and running and we can go from there to configuring your server.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok reinstalling hold on

:dancing:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Cannot connect to database"

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you log into you database via SQLyog? (*make sure you start the mysql.bat before logging into SQLyog) If you can then double check that under realmd -> Tables -> Realmlist (then click the table data tab to the right) that the server is still reading default values in the Address column of 127.0.0.1

also make sure that mangosd.conf, realmd.conf , restart.conf, mysql.bat, realmd.exe are in the same folder

Any more assistance will have to come tomorrow as I am falling asleep at the kb...
    If all else fails delete the whole directory and start over..

Night :sleep:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Beastybeef View Post
    Can you log into you database via SQLyog? (*make sure you start the mysql.bat before logging into SQLyog) If you can then double check that under realmd -> Tables -> Realmlist (then click the table data tab to the right) that the server is still reading default values in the Address column of 127.0.0.1

also make sure that mangosd.conf, realmd.conf , restart.conf, mysql.bat, realmd.exe are in the same folder

Any more assistance will have to come tomorrow as I am falling asleep at the kb...
    If all else fails delete the whole directory and start over..

Night :sleep:
    just go onto this public vent IP:85.17.170.202
    port:3938
    pass:none

Meet u there :wave:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast