0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ascent 2.3.3+ Server Setup With Pics

Okay This is My first Guide so Please Comment On only Things That Will Help me get better, Thanks. Also i Do not Take Credit For this Repack or any programs i have you download, but the guide is 100% myn. I'd Like to thank Spartansp for The repack That i Will Have you use Tho. Im not sure if you dont want me to make a guide with some one elses repack just thought everyone else would like and decided to make guide for people that didn't Know how to do.

1. [Download the Following Files
    WinRaR - WinRaR - For Extracting

2. MySql - MySql
    3. Navicat Lite - - Free Version of Navicat(Just like Regular Except Free And lasts Forever!
    4. - Spartansp Repack - - Repack, I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR, FULL CREDIT TO SPARTANSP!!
    (Spartansp Repack Atributes and What it has(not dowload) Info on Spartansp Repack(Awesome!)

1. Extract WinRaR To your Desktop Or something it Doesn't Matter, Once its done click next and when youre all done with it Just leave it Alone.

2. Open Mysql And Click Next And then Typical Like the Image Below.

3. click Next a Few times till youre Finished, Like the image below, Check Configure Mysql Now, then finish.

4. Youll Then See a Window About Mysql and stuff just click Next, then make sure u check STANDARD CONFIGURATION, click next then check INSTALL AS WINDOWS SERVICES.

5. Now this is the most important part of Mysql, The password, Now if youre going to make this server just for youself set it to root, if its going to be public set it to something you can remeber like ur dogs name for example. If you want to let other people into youre Database check Enable root access from remote machines, but thats not important, click next after youve filled it out.

6. Click Next then Execute, Everything shud go well if you get a Box saying retry etc.. Reinstall and keep trying, if you have done this before you have to use the password you made before.

7. Open Navicat And install it, open it and click new connection(Follow pics instructions)

Password is What you set ur Mysql pass to, user root, IP is localhost , and connection name is whatever you want, i put myn Dreadscape.

8.Double Click Your Connection Name, then Right click it, Scroll Down and click create new Database, Name it ascent, make another database called ascentlogon.

9. Now open up SpartanWoWRepack, There shud be 2 sql files,spdb and character, now right click your database in navicat ascentlogon, and click execute batch file, go to ur SpartanWoWrepack and Choose the Sql file Character. this shud take about 15 seconds, now do the same with the ascent database except instead of choosing the character sql file choose the spdb sql file, this will take alot longer than the character 1.

10. While thats loading go to ur SpartanWoWRepack And open up ascent3353, inside it well be several things. open up ascent.conf file, it shud be named ascent and be a txt file, if not open it with notepad, make sure its not the white box with a blue bar it has to say conf below it. open it.

<WorldDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "Password" Name = "ascent" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
    <CharacterDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "Password" Name = "ascentlogon" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
    Change to Red Text to The mySql Password you made earlier.

11. Open Logonserver.conf.
    <LogonDatabase Hostname = "localhost"
    Username = "root"
    Password = "Password"
    Name = "ascentlogon"
    Port = "3306"
    Type = "1">
    Make it so it looks like that and change the red part to ur mysql password.
    Also Scroll down till you see
    <Client MinBuild = "6739"
    MaxBuild = "6739">
    to
    MaxBuild = "9999">
    12.Open Realms.conf
    <Realm1 Name = "Wat you want"
    Address = "127.0.0.1:8129"
    Icon = "PVP"
    Colour = "1"
    Population = "0"
    TimeZone = "1">
    Change the part in Red to What you Want your Server to be.

13. now make sure u Saved all those Conf files and Exit them.

14. Once The files are done Downloading go back to navicat and double click ascentlogon, tables will show up on the side, double click accounts,
    For the acct column leave it blank, for login, type the username you want to login with, for password, the password you want to login with, for GM, the gm level, 1 is real low powers 2 is higher 3 is full gm powers and az is admin, so set it az.(l8r on youll find letters mean different things but this is basics) now scroll more to the rite and for flags type 8 for burning crusade and 0 for regular. click the checkmark in the bottom rite and exit!

15. in spartanwowrepack, ascent3553 or whatever double click logonserver the white box with a blue bar until it says hooking signals, then double click the ascent box and wait till it finishes and says authetication suceeded, then go into C:\Program files\World of warcraft and open realmlist.wtf with notepas, erase everything in it and type set realmlist 127.0.0.1 and save and exit.

16. now login WoW with user and pass you made and play!!!

Heres a list of some commands! Command List
    Thank you i Hope this helped you, I will be making another guide on how to make it public and make a acc creation page shortly, Credits go to Spartansp for the repack, ascentemu for programs, winrar for extracting, mysql for being mysql, and navicat lite for being free and same as regular navicat, and picos guide since i used 2 of ur pictures since i already made server and mysql wouldnt work, and myself for guide, And you for reading it!
    Any problems Comment here, Thanks!

And if Anyone Could Change this signature to the rite size for forums id greatly appreciate it, thanks!
    Last edited by V1cTorY; 02-04-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Ascent 2.3.3+ Server Setup With Pics
    IKEEPFORGETTING's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done the whole guide, I open up WoW and try to login but it says unable to validate game version or something. Also if it helps, everytime I close WoW after getting that message, in my Ascent.exe command prompt box thingy, it says "Sql query failed due to [Table 'ascentlogon.mailbox_insert_queue' doesn't exist], Query: [SELECT * FROM mailbox_insert_queue]

:S help would be super awesome.

V1cTorY's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try in Ascent3353 theres a folder called sql, try executing some of those batch files into the right databse, example, logonserver batch files go into ascentlogon, also this is a simple step i left out, open up logonserver.conf
    and scoll down till u see this
    MaxBuild = "6739">
    Change maxbuild to 9999 so it looks like this
    MaxBuild = "9999">
    The client build is most important, the other 1 isnt unless it bothers you, and unless u kno wat ur doing dont do the sql file just change the client build thing and it should work, ill add it in guide thanks for reminding, hope this helped

IKEEPFORGETTING's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works perfectly! Thanks man +Rep

Spartansp's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide and glad you post my repack BTW you should post a direct link to my repack intead of a direct link to the download so they actually see what my repack has.... just an idea... can rep till tomorrow but cool guide

V1cTorY's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Glad im of Service, I really Dont like being Sight n00b plus i want my avatar lol
    Last edited by V1cTorY; 02-04-2008 at 02:46 PM.

simon2660's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi V1cTorY i have read ur guide and u explaine very good and i did what ur guide said but i cant make a char it says:Sql query failed due to [Table 'ascent.banned_names' doesn't exist], quer: [SELECT COUNTER <*> FROM banned_names WHERE name= 'Blackwinter']
    Sql query failed due to [Table 'ascentlogon.mailbox_insert_queue' doesn't exsist], Query: [SELECT * FROM mailbox_insert_queue]

first time making private server

V1cTorY's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm A few people have that problem but click ascentlogon in navicat then right click it and click execut batch file and go to SpartanWoWRepack\ascent3553\sql\character updates then choose the 4th from last 1 character_mailbox_insert_queue and start when it finishes exit and restart server

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes thats much it... remember to give rep to the original creator of repack.... **cough cough** lol

V1cTorY's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol ye ill scratch urs if u scracth mine

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe Thx guys repz to both of

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you* hehe:P

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol thanks glad you like my repack

V1cTorY's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    =p Glad you like the GUIDE which you couldnt use repack without =p

ssssn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I did it all right, but I got this error, I hope you can help me

When I boot the Logonserver, it goes to hooking, from there I boot Ascent and it says: "N Database: Connecting to MySQL on localhost with <username : *******> sql: Connection failed. Reason was `Action denied for user 'username'at'localhost' <using password: YES>`sql: Main database initialization failed. Exiting.

_

Note the green "at" it should be a @ but I cant post links ><

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the leeching, you guys rock <3

Page 1 of 22 12345 ... LastLast