0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shard - Oldschool Ruleset for WoW

I've been independently developing and implementing a set of gameplay mechanics for cMaNGOS 3.3.5a using mainly the powerful Eluna scripting library from the fine folks at EmuDevs, but also modding the cMaNGOS core to suit my personal needs. Some of the features include:

• Full Loot On Death
      Handled in entropypvp.lua, this system makes it so player-caused death results in the player's equipped items and inventory being deleted and placed on a vendor that spawns on the dying player's corpse. The vendor despawns in 5 minutes.
    • Stat Allocation
      Upon leveling up, instead of automatically gaining an amount of STR, STA, AGI, INT, and SPI, you will be granted allocation points to spend increasing these however you wish.
    • Elimination of the Class System
      By eliminating this feature, which is extremely ingrained in every facet of World of Warcraft, I am attempting to create a philosophy of freedom of choice. Instead of being granted the ability to train class skills as you level up, you are instead granted training points, which have two functions. You can go to a Skill Trainer, lets use the Liturgy trainer as an example. You can spend the points to train your Liturgy skill, which will allow you to train different abilities depending on your Liturgy level. Other schools include Bloodcraft, Stormcalling, Warding, and Beastmastery.

(Inspiration for these features comes from a plethora of games I've loved in the past, such as Shadowbane and Darkfall. )

This is an incomplete project. I love working on it though, and would love if anyone wanted to contribute to this alongside me. Feel free to use anything I post here on your own servers, as I'd be happy to see people use rulesets like this If you guys want, I'll upload the sql scripts, core modifications, and dbc files as well upon my return home later tonight.

GITHUB: https://github.com/NotHawthorne/ShardLUA
    Last edited by darkmage113; 10-19-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Shard - Oldschool Ruleset for WoW
    bansil's Avatar Site Donator Mankrik Classic
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    7/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting concept, getitng out the Github now.

impsy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a server up using this? Or can someone put one up?