0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Proffession

This script was made by Laurea, all credits goes to him/her. I asked if I could post his/hers script(s) on here and he/she said I could as long as I included him/her in the credits.

Requirements
    • This script was written with LuaHypArc in mind, so the new luabridge engine does not support this script as far as I know.
    • Basic knowledge of DB editing.
    • Basic knowledge in creating lua gossip scripts in LuaHypArc.

Features
    • Level requirement, you need a certain level in binding to make the item.
    • Orange/yellow/green/gray levelup modifiers, you dont always have to get a level.
    • Recipe option, you can chose if the item needs a recipe to be created.
    • Quest option, you can chose if the players needs to have a quest completed in order to create the item.

• You can take gearing to a whole new level.
    • You can completly customize what gear you want to add.
    • Max level is basicly infinite.
    • It automaticly gets data from binding_items when you use the Bind Item or Bind Info functions, no need to do that yourself.

The Script
    The script itself can be found here:
    [Lua] Laurea - Pastebin.com

To be able to use this script you also need to execute this SQL batch.
    Laurea - Pastebin.com

Guide
    1. Choose if the bind should be an already existing item or a custom one, if its an existing item read step 2a, else read step 2b
    2. a) Find the desired items entry id, remember this and the items name.
      b) Create the item in the DB, now remember the entry id of the item and its name.
    3. if the player needs a recipe or needs to complete a quest in order to make the item, if they need a recipe read step 4a, if they need to have a quest completed read step 4b, else skip to step 5.
    4. a) Create a new item in the DB, class and subclass should be 0, the name should be Recipe - <name of item> and bonding should be 1. Remember the entry id of the recipe.
      b) Create or find the quest you want the players to have completed, nothing special to enter here. Remember the entry.
    5. Now we are going to make the item's binding info, go to binding_items.
      In item_name enter in the name of the item, like if i made a sword named Hax i enter Hax in item_name.
      At item_entry enter the entry id of the item.
      If the item needs a recipe and/or quest to be made, enter the item/quests entry id in the correct column.
      At required_level enter the desired binding level the player needs to create the item.
      At thread, cloth, leather, metal, gems, imbued scrolls, dragon tears and scales enter the desired amount of every resource the player needs to create the item, 0 means none.
      Levelup_orange, levelup_yellow, levelup_green and levelup_gray is like the item colors in normal professions, enter the desired binding level the item gets that "hard" to make. Levelup % for each color is at the comments.
    6. Now that you have the item itself made and ready to use, open up the script (preferably in Notepad++). Find the slot the item fits into, like if its a pair of mail boots find Mail feet. Now between object:GossipCreateMenu(100, player, 0) and object:GossipSendMenu(player) add a object:GossipMenuAddItem(0, "item name", 0, 0).
      Example:
      Code:
      object:GossipCreateMenu(100, player, 0)
      object:GossipMenuAddItem(0, "Hax", 0, 0)
      object:GossipMenuAddItem(0, "Back", #, 0)
      object:GossipSendMenu(player)
    7. Save the script and write "reloadscripts" without the quotes in the console.

Credits
    Laurea - Making the script
    SpellEffects - Posting it here on MMOwned and organizing the original post.
    uint32 = -1;
    I guess some people just find it hard to input their question into a field and press enter.

Check out my blog here on the forums

Custom Proffession
    Found's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work. +4

TheFrostLord's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 months and nobody rates this... Rly nice release and that's something i have not seen before, but i got 1 problem: when i insert those tables in the database i get a wrong syntax for them... as far as i see its written right but the second table gives me wrong syntax. Please take a look at it and help out. Thanks in advance!

zNemesis's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is nice man,
    Bump!

-Nem.