RS link to the server executable:
>> Rapidshare Download <<
- Download the executable from RS
- Once you have it, start it up. It will ask you where you'd like to install the server. Anywhere is fine, you can just go with the default location. The install might take a while.
- Inside the tools folder you'll find the map extractor for 1.12, ad.exe. Place it in your 1.12 WoW install directory and let it run. Once its finished (it should take a while) move the maps folder (and vmaps? can't remember if it makes those or not) to your MaNGOS install directory.
- Edit your realmd and mangosd configuration files accordingly. The layout of the conf files are a bit different because this is so old, and many of the new features in the current MaNGOS servers aren't there. (Duh lol)
- Double click the ManGOS.exe to bring up a small splash. If your running a server already that uses mySQL, first make sure the mySQL service on your machine is stopped. To do this, open your task manager and go to the services tab. Find the MySQL service, right click it and then click "Stop Service". Go back to the ManGOS splash and click "Start SQL" to start the servers mySQL service, then click "Start Realm" and "Start MangosDB" to start up your server. Once the servers done loading, create your account in the mangosd window and then log in and start playing the pre-BC way!
- To stop the server, close WoW, use CTRL+C on the two cmd windows, then click on "Stop SQL". This will end the built-in SQL database. To start yours up again in case you had to turn it off, go back into the task manager and find the MySQL service. Right click it and then click "Start Service". You can now use your BC/WotLK/whatever database again.
- Inside the "docs" folder there is a PDF file that has some more information about setting this up. Check it out!
Q&A:1Q) Why do I have to turn off my MySQL service?
1A) When you installed the server, it came with its own mySQL database and website vPHPmyadmin. (Which is why theres no DB you need to DL). In order for the 1.12 server to work, it needs to be reading from its own mySQL DB instead of whatever you may have installed on your computer.
2Q) How do I edit the DB?
2A) When you click "Start SQL", your browser should take you to "file:///W:/home/admin/WWW/redirect.html". From here, you can either click the first link to take you to your servers account creation page, or you can click the second link which will take you to your servers database. On the left side of your screen you should see a dropdown box that says "(Databases) ...", click it. The 2 DB's that you want are mangos and realmd.
MDH-Rev205.msiThis file is located in the tools folder. Install this somewhere. Doesn't matter, you can put it in the default location or in a folder where you installed your 1.12 server. Once its done installing, start it up. It should throw an error at first because the settings are wrong, so just press continue and get into the program. Once there, at the top, go to Options > Configuration. Configure the Mysql and Realmd tabs, then press "Set as Active" and then "Save", followed by "close". The stat things on the left side should fill up with information along with the connection settings on the right side. To edit the database, hover over the icons at the top to see what they do, or select one from the drop down menus.
Creators of MaNGOS, for making such an awesome emulator.
edit: fresh RS link. Removed the map extractor dl because its included in the server DL. Removed the other link because the file was deleted. Updated the guide a bit. As for these "IMAGE LEECHED FROM MMOWNED" things - wtf lol. We were supposed to use these back in the day. also, thread revamp