Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nostalrius Big News Announced?

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44031

"On a side note, the development team has prepared a gift for you. One of the hidden Nostalrius features was the ability to "replay" sequences of the game. This is something that was mainly used to create our videos, but never released to players. We accumulated a few replays of different events that occurred on our PvP and PvE servers, and we are willing to let you replay these magic moments. We are glad to inform you that Nostalrius team is releasing the first "replay" feature for World of Warcraft, and will be available to anyone: a powerful tool for future e-sport event maybe ?"

TLDR; Replay feature? A tool for e-sports? WTF!

Looks like we did not get legacy servers boys. Pack it up.

Thoughts?....

EDIT:

Apparently Hackerlol is right. Meetings are in the future so I guess this means the fight is not over.
    Last edited by Kenneth; 05-01-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Nostalrius Big News Announced?
  2. Thanks Dovah, CreativeXtent, artemarkantos (3 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

I'm not surprised though. If there were official legacy servers Blizzard would be the ones announcing it. Not nostalrius.

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

4. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to Dovah for this useful post)
    HunterHero's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    150/230
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nostalrius team probably got paid to leave it be, or got some jobs at blizzard, who knows. They atleast got some representation titles "ambassadors" and all the users didn't really get anything out of it. I can see nostalrius starting to promote pristine servers in the future..

6. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to HunterHero for this useful post)
    hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1191/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think that this is the full announcement. They did not mention anything about legacy servers beyond that they felt like they were 'vanilla representatives' which leads me to believe that discussions are still ongoing.

So there is hope still....
    Last edited by hackerlol; 05-01-2016 at 12:22 PM.

8. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to hackerlol for this useful post)
    Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackerlol View Post
    I do not think that this is the full announcement. They did not mention anything about legacy servers beyond that they felt like they were 'vanilla representatives' which leads me to believe that discussions are still ongoing.

So there is hope still....
    Hopefully!

CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is no hope, the loss of mass amounts of money( even if it brought back 2m people ) would be to much to be worth it to blizzard.

sorry pps :/

edit: please dont hate me for my opinion lol
    Last edited by CreativeXtent; 05-01-2016 at 01:40 PM.
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

11. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to CreativeXtent for this useful post)
    xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding to what Creative said, the fear of losing their IP because of abandon-ware. They aren't gonna be paid anything. They aren't gonna be given jobs. They brought the team in to bribe them with Blizzard goodies and make the masses happy.

13. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to xcureanddisease for this useful post)
    Torpedoes's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Doomsayer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nostalrius source code and database won’t be released
    lol, yeah I think they pretty much sold out. I was looking forward to sifting through the anti-cheat. But whatever, I'm sure we'll eventually improve our tools to a point where they wouldn't be able to detect shit.

15. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to Torpedoes for this useful post)
    element19090's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    38/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44031

"On a side note, the development team has prepared a gift for you. One of the hidden Nostalrius features was the ability to "replay" sequences of the game. This is something that was mainly used to create our videos, but never released to players. We accumulated a few replays of different events that occurred on our PvP and PvE servers, and we are willing to let you replay these magic moments. We are glad to inform you that Nostalrius team is releasing the first "replay" feature for World of Warcraft, and will be available to anyone: a powerful tool for future e-sport event maybe ?"

TLDR; Replay feature? A tool for e-sports? WTF!

Thoughts?....

EDIT:

Apparently Hackerlol is right. Meetings are in the future so I guess this means the fight is not over.
    What the heck are you talking about? They have not even had the meeting with Blizzard yet. The petition has passed 250k sigs and the overwhelming support from streamers and big youtubers continues to grow. Nothing has been decided yet but if anything the fact that they are actually being invited to meet with Blizzard is a posative sign not a negative one. I think we will see legacy servers but all of this is speculation until the Nos team meets up with Blizzard.

17. Thanks Kenneth (1 members gave Thanks to element19090 for this useful post)
    Jaladhjin's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    246/138
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never saw any mention of the meeting being at Blizzard's request.. anybody have a source for that ?

Me I'd think it'd be a meeting to say sorry bros.. did what we had to do.. it was a neat thing of ours you remade.. glad you enjoyed the content enough to do what you chose to fans of our content or whatever else you may claim..

Now then.. should we decide to pursue legacy.. perhaps we'll consider your input & abilities in the future.. but probably not.. & if we catch you trying to secretly help author new private servers out on a boat in international waters.. we'll blow it up & slit all your throats..

Zug zug !
    Thirsty Shameless Beg: LFW on Retail WoW US. Any Boosting Groups Looking For A Leveler I'm Very Interested! Please PM Me! 🤘😁🤘

19. Thanks Kenneth, Eryx (2 members gave Thanks to Jaladhjin for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    38/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Entire post is

"Dear community,
    The last few weeks have been full of exciting events that we did not anticipate. We saw the first official answer from J. Allen Brack on the topic of legacy servers, the petition reached 250.000 signatures, and we are currently scheduling a meeting at Blizzard campus!
    We are very excited to be able to help Blizzard understand the part of their community asking for legacy servers and many other related topics, in the hope that they will eventually make it possible to legally play previous game expansions.
    Since these events are major changes regarding the legacy server scene, completely changing our former strategy, we have several announcements today:
    A. Ambassadors of Legacy servers
    After the answer from Blizzard and the amazing support we received, we feel we are now not only the admins of a private server: We are also the ambassadors of a larger movement for the entire World of Warcraft community that wants to see game history restored. It is a major responsibility. Our top-priority and only focus now is to fulfill the needs of this community, by carrying your voice to Blizzard directly.

B. Nostalrius source code and database won’t be released
    We acknowledge the help that the emulation community provided to us by creating MaNGOS and our initial objective was to release part of these sources to help improve the current emulators - without our special anti-cheat and some other critical features.
    Our custom anticheat had unique functionalities that allowed us to detect and track any kind of hack / bot in a generic way. We believe the anticheat that we made was able to detect and was able to block all of the known threats, and releasing our code would allow the development of more powerful cheating tools that would be more difficult, if not impossible, to detect. We have spent countless hours to fight people making money from exploits, cheats and traffics: the last thing we want to see now is people getting more money from wow hacks because of us.
    Some voices in the emulation scene wanted to legally force us to release the complete source code if we chose to only publish a part of it. As explained above, the anticheat is not something we would reveal in any case.
    A second important point is that keeping the sources private could be useful at some point during the discussion with Blizzard. They proposed to discuss together and we want to have all the chances on our side, for the community we represent now.
    Furthermore, if official legacy servers were to be released at some point in the future, the emulation would become, in essence, obsolete for our community.
    C. A special gift for you
    On a side note, the development team has prepared a gift for you. One of the hidden Nostalrius features was the ability to "replay" sequences of the game. This is something that was mainly used to create our videos, but never released to players. We accumulated a few replays of different events that occurred on our PvP and PvE servers, and we are willing to let you replay these magic moments. We are glad to inform you that Nostalrius team is releasing the first "replay" feature for World of Warcraft, and will be available to anyone: a powerful tool for future e-sport event maybe ?
    The source code is available here (based on BunnyEmu, credit to their developers) :
    https://github.com/NostalriusVanilla/NostalriusMemories
    You can download the package with replays here:
    https://mega.nz/…
    Requirements (Won’t be provided) :
    World of Warcraft original 1.12.1 client
    Optional: WDB item cache filled (or you will see players naked)
    We hope you will enjoy these replays that we are introducing here and you will be able to carry these wonderful Nostalrius memories for ever with you.
    D. Community feedback and thoughts
    We will need the help and feedback of the whole World of Warcraft community to carry all their voices, and make the meeting with Blizzard a success. More information will be available on an announcement next week. Please, stay tuned!
    Best regards,
    Nostalrius Team.
    When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this ... you haven't."

You can also see this http://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-agre...stalrius-team/

all of this has already been confirmed.

21. Thanks Kenneth, Smitten, Eryx (3 members gave Thanks to element19090 for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by element19090 View Post
    What the heck are you talking about? They have not even had the meeting with Blizzard yet. The petition has passed 250k sigs and the overwhelming support from streamers and big youtubers continues to grow. Nothing has been decided yet but if anything the fact that they are actually being invited to meet with Blizzard is a posative sign not a negative one. I think we will see legacy servers but all of this is speculation until the Nos team meets up with Blizzard.
    I'm talking about exactly what is written. They hyped up on twitter this news coming after talking to Blizzard, people got excited, and it wasn't the news we thought we were going to get. I even threw in an EDIT (for what seems somebody like you) at the end to let you know the meeting in person has not happened yet which could be a sign of light that it's not over yet. Anymore questions ?

You're link to the pcgamer article just talks about them willing to meet with them. Everything above it is what the meeting ended up with. IDK what you mean with all this has already been confirmed. I posted the thread within a minute after your huge copy/paste was put on their forums. I'm getting confused as to your confusion.
    Last edited by Kenneth; 05-02-2016 at 12:20 PM.

23. Thanks Smitten, HunterHero (2 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    38/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said nothing has been confirmed except that Blizzard willing to meet with The Nost Devs. For one to say (GG not getting legecy servers to bad so sad) is just silly, if anything the fact that Blizzard is going out of there way to meet with the nost team is a good sign, Nothing is definite and maybe I'm just an optimist but I think if we keep pushing enough push will be made where Legacy servers will happen in some form or shape. No whether they will give the option of New Character models or possible bug fixes is beyond me but I do think Blizzard will igve the fans what they want at the end of the day, but again....Nothing is certain yet other then there is discussion and a meeting happeneing between Blizzard and the Nost team who are as of right now the voice of legacy servers.

Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by element19090 View Post
    As I said nothing has been confirmed except that Blizzard willing to meet with The Nost Devs. For one to say (GG not getting legecy servers to bad so sad) is just silly, if anything the fact that Blizzard is going out of there way to meet with the nost team is a good sign, Nothing is definite and maybe I'm just an optimist but I think if we keep pushing enough push will be made where Legacy servers will happen in some form or shape. No whether they will give the option of New Character models or possible bug fixes is beyond me but I do think Blizzard will igve the fans what they want at the end of the day, but again....Nothing is certain yet other then there is discussion and a meeting happeneing between Blizzard and the Nost team who are as of right now the voice of legacy servers.
    I can't tell if your just baiting me but I will bite.

1: I said "we did not get legacy servers" not we will never. .

2: From this Tweet by the Nostalrius guys you can see there is an announcement being made. A lot of people got super hyped over this thinking we might get a decision on Legacy servers early. Streamers like Kungen, NickPolom, and even TimTheTatman (who they even retweeted) got excited over this "upcoming announcement" because it came out of nowhere. It was #1 on /r/wow and even discussed in our very own Bawx chat whether this might be the big announcement containing Legacy servers early or not.

3: This thread, because there was so much hype around what Nost might announce, was created so people can see what it ended up being. And that thing was a replay tool that they are sharing with Blizzard to use for e-sports of some sort. Is this a bad thing? No...not at all. Is this what people were getting hyped and posting gif's over? Absolutely not, they thought it might be Legacy Servers and the future meeting might just go over the details of how it would be pushed out.

EVEN ON TOP of all 3 of these points I add an EDIT: to the bottom of the thread saying the fight is not over because the meeting (which you keep referring to) has not happened yet. HENCE why I never said we will never get them like you claim I did, but rather said we did not get them from this announcement that people got so hyped over.

I can understand your frustration with people thinking negatively about if we will ever get them being as you said, "an optimist" but that is not what this thread is doing. It is simply stating that this announcement, despite what people hoped for, was not an early gift from Blizzard containing a promise to release Legacy servers.

So sit back, relax, and just accept that this thread is not shitting on your Legacy dreams. It's just stating that this hyped up "Special Dev Promise" was nothing more than a replay tool.

Thanks G/R
    38/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad if I came off negative, I saw "Looks like we did not get legacy servers boys. Pack it up." and hopped on the Offense train. I just like to keep moral high since it's something a lot of us really would like to see and it's only if people just give up that it's a definite loss. I read your entire post instead of seeing a quick glance and raging. I'm just so used to Blizzard fan boys being retards. No hard feelings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast