Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    That's not how that works
    It actually is. Was the same with music industry. Only thing they could do in my country was give a court order wich forbid advertisement for it but it kept happily running.

Nost shut down...fight back and sign!
    barbelas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    They wont get 20k. It's a moot point. The server is gone. Another one will pop up like it. Last, then that too will be gone. Etc etc.
    well my friend they already got 21k how about that

3. Thanks ev0 (1 members gave Thanks to barbelas for this useful post)
    xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by barbelas View Post
    well my friend they already got 21k how about that
    So what? Thats not gonna bring back that shitty server. 500k signatures wont bring back that shitty server. Blizzard is gonna do what Blizzard has always done and thats whatever the FK they want. If you steal intellectual property, that property can be seized and that property can be taken for good.

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A week ago I decided to start up on a new pre-bc server now that Feenix was dead.

I had a choice between Nostralius and Kronos.

I chose Kronos, looks like I chose right.

I'm sad about this news about Nost though as I think more successful pre-bc servers around the better.

See you guys on Kronos!

P.S. I signed the petition. Not that I think it will bring Nost back or get Blizz to implement a legacy server, but to show the Nost devs and community support and thanks for the effort they put in.

6. Thanks ev0, hackerlol (2 members gave Thanks to Unholyshaman for this useful post)
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    So what? Thats not gonna bring back that shitty server. 500k signatures wont bring back that shitty server. Blizzard is gonna do what Blizzard has always done and thats whatever the FK they want. If you steal intellectual property, that property can be seized and that property can be taken for good.
    Stop being so toxic man, people take stuff like this to heart. Time dedicated and so forth; stop trying to be a shining light of clarity for people haha. Just let them go after their passions, however silly they may be to you
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SniffingPickles View Post
    Stop being so toxic man, people take stuff like this to heart. Time dedicated and so forth; stop trying to be a shining light of clarity for people haha. Just let them go after their passions, however silly they may be to you
    Its not toxicity. Giving them a new perspective on WHY this happened helps now and in the future. Like literally more than 90% of the people complaining dont have a clue as to why this was done. They see it as this big mean company stomping down on the tiny person. A server like Nos that facilitates (if the numbers are true) over 100k unique accounts is gonna piss off and hurt ANY company big or small. Think about the math:

15 dollars a month multiplied by 100k(and 100k is being conservative)

Thats 1.5 mil a month of revenue LOST due to some people running their own Legacy server. And thats in 1 month. 1.5 mil multiplied by 12 months? Thats 18 mil.

Tell me something Pickles, if you were losing 18 million USD a year because some people stole your property, would you just laugh it off and let them be?

People can have their passions and thats completely fine. But if this is really an open forum, they need to know that there's a reason WHY this is happening.

9. Thanks hackerlol (1 members gave Thanks to xcureanddisease for this useful post)

Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Its not toxicity. Giving them a new perspective on WHY this happened helps now and in the future. Like literally more than 90% of the people complaining dont have a clue as to why this was done. They see it as this big mean company stomping down on the tiny person. A server like Nos that facilitates (if the numbers are true) over 100k unique accounts is gonna piss off and hurt ANY company big or small. Think about the math:

Thats 1.5 mil a month of revenue LOST due to some people running their own Legacy server. And thats in 1 month. 1.5 mil multiplied by 12 months? Thats 18 mil.

Tell me something Pickles, if you were losing 18 million USD a year because some people stole your property, would you just laugh it off and let them be?

People can have their passions and thats completely fine. But if this is really an open forum, they need to know that there's a reason WHY this is happening.

80% of the people I played with on Nost also had active subs on retail (which was over 300+ guildies). I respect your opinion of how a community like that would work, but the people who weren't paying for wow subs, probably had good reason and likely wouldn't pay for it if nost didn't exist.

My opinion on this ordeal: It's pirated software, yes and it shouldn't have been launched without seeing this coming. However, the point of this entire post is to support the people who brought a great community together and possibly tickle blizzard to give a new official response on the matter. You and I both know blizzard is not likely to come out and say "WOW! Let's make a vanilla server asap!", but to get their attention as well as the attn of the developers/community and just feel good about supporting people who DID work their asses off to bring something great; I feel like that's always welcome.

Dozens of developers took time out of their day to build something that was a TON of fun. I liked it, I met some great people. I'm sad to see it gone and I want to show my support. That's all.

11. Thanks xcureanddisease, Dovah, stoneharry, CD307, hackerlol, Bryxx (6 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    Trolisimo's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80% of this ppl never played WoW after wotlk probaly and now more like 99% of this ppl will not play retail at all, actually i saw a guy that want refund for legion, 1 guy refusing to buy overwatch, 5+ to unsubing, a lot more to say - they will never sub again or buy any blizzard product. I am pretty sure blizzard dont give a **** about 150k ppl because they banned more bots last year probaly but a lot of ppl got pissed because of this.
    Shitstorm about this is kinda big. There is thread in every private server forum. In reddit/wow there is a thread with 5k+ posts, in mmo-champion - 3k+, one retail 250+ (they deleted it), in other reddits more than 1k.
    As i said - they dont even care about this 150k ppl why close it at all? https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/...stalriusvideo/

I never played it but closing such private server will not give u any benefit. It not going to make ur numbers better, because i am sure there is less than 4m on retail now, may be around 3.5m but mostly chinese farmers. Just check realms like Alakir, Skullcrusher, they are just dead, i have more ppl at home than orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Trolisimo; 04-07-2016 at 10:28 AM.

13. Thanks element19090, hackerlol (2 members gave Thanks to Trolisimo for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SniffingPickles View Post
    80% of the people I played with on Nost also had active subs on retail (which was over 300+ guildies). I respect your opinion of how a community like that would work, but the people who weren't paying for wow subs, probably had good reason and likely wouldn't pay for it if nost didn't exist.

My opinion on this ordeal: It's pirated software, yes and it shouldn't have been launched without seeing this coming. However, the point of this entire post is to support the people who brought a great community together and possibly tickle blizzard to give a new official response on the matter. You and I both know blizzard is not likely to come out and say "WOW! Let's make a vanilla server asap!", but to get their attention as well as the attn of the developers/community and just feel good about supporting people who DID work their asses off to bring something great; I feel like that's always welcome.

Dozens of developers took time out of their day to build something that was a TON of fun. I liked it, I met some great people. I'm sad to see it gone and I want to show my support. That's all.
    Ok I concede to your argument. You're right. I'll be a little more mindful of how I address this issue.

Nobody wants a legacy server more than I do. I would like to do ICC in its glory. Im talking about the days we used to farm TOC for purple shards and people would leave the group instantly if they queued into Oculus.

Sorry you guys are going through this. Blizzard doesn't want to 'partition'(for lack of better words) their development team to focus on a legacy server. It's not worth the effort for them. They'd have to get a new forum going. New armory. Fix bugs. etc. All overhead they cant afford.

15. Thanks ev0, Unholyshaman, Confucius (3 members gave Thanks to xcureanddisease for this useful post)
    Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole post is hilarious; I would wager 90% of Nost didn't play classic originally.

Making a private server will get you a possible lawsuit, end of.

Edit: take with pinch of salt, people sensitive rn.
    Last edited by Hazzbazzy; 04-07-2016 at 03:39 PM.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

nashw's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arena Tournament (now blackrock warmane) was hosted in sweden, and Malaco told me that they cant shut down the server because of the copyright laws there. Now that Nostalrius is releasing its source and playerdata, I could see someone who has a clue about this stuff take over the server and host it in a country where blizz cant do sth against it

Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    This whole post is hilarious; I would wager 90% of Nost didn't play classic originally..
    Why does that matter? People want to play something they didn't have a chance to AND players want to relive nostalgia. I'm sorry to come off blunt, it's relevant to mention this point is moot.

19. Thanks Dovah, Unholyshaman (2 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hazzbazzy View Post
    This whole post is hilarious; I would wager 90% of Nost didn't play classic originally.

Making a private server will get you a possible lawsuit, end of.
    Get off your high horse Hazzbazzy.

This is the private server section of OC. If you are going to come ridicule community members here for being enthusiastic about relevant content for this forum section then perhaps you don't belong here. I wish I was still a moderator on OC because then people like you wouldn't be around anymore.

Whether people played classic wow or not is irrelevant. If they did, (like me) they want to re-live that. If they didn't, then they want to experience what they missed. Both are perfect examples of why someone might want to play on a private wow server.

21. Thanks element19090, Confucius (2 members gave Thanks to Unholyshaman for this useful post)
    Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Unholyshaman View Post
    Get off your high horse Hazzbazzy.

This is the private server section of OC. If you are going to come ridicule community members here for being enthusiastic about relevant content for this forum section then perhaps you don't belong here. I wish I was still a moderator on OC because then people like you wouldn't be around anymore.

Whether people played classic wow or not is irrelevant. If they did, (like me) they want to re-live that. If they didn't, then they want to experience what they missed. Both are perfect examples of why someone might want to play on a private wow server.
    Sorry to both, didn't mean to come off as an ass, but getting upset because a private server got shutdown is like saying "I used an exploit on OC and got banned". Suprising? No. Justified? Yes, as it's ultimately stealing, regardless of how you look at it.

I still can't understand how people want to relive classic (the same tiers), and then complain that theres no new content on live.

Edit: Threatening me with a ban doesn't do you any good for your "image" of the OC Private Server section, but let's not turn this thread into a b*tch fight, people are allowed their own opinions without being ban-threatened, Donald.
    Last edited by Hazzbazzy; 04-07-2016 at 03:45 PM.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many pessimistic people. If you want a vanilla server, just sign it, jeez, it costs you 10 seconds and shows that you are willing to put up your name for that cause.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast