21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by unknown661 View Post
    I played on both up to lvl 20. Same class, same quests.

Kronos had less Player lags. Death aninmations are working on kronos and rfc was much better scripted.
    On nost the herb/Ore nodes really suck. I don't know why nost has more Players. Maybe better advertising, or because it exists longer.
    There are also a lot of small bugs I had on nost - npc spamming spellls, Social pulls not working ...
    The worst on nost is GRIZZLY - a guild which is exploiting to get 1st kills. And they don't get banned .

If you really want a vanilla like Server join kronos.
    Nost is more popular I think, because it's more like vanilla. Kronos is running everything at 1.12.1 so everything up until around AQ40/Naxx is going to be simplified and a diminished experience.
    Social pulls don't work on kronos, but do on nost, so I'm not sure what you're saying there.
    There does seem to be something wrong with herb/ore spawns on nost, they released a patch for herbs, but I'm not an herbalist so can't really comment on that.
    Kronos bans you for stuff that you wouldn't have been banned for on live until much later on the game.
    Post evidence of grizzly exploiting (real evidence). I don't know who they are, but I hate unsubstantiated claims of "top X is cheating."
    Nost actually has better latency for me than kronos, RFC is terrible on kronos so I don't know how you say it's better scripted.
    Rogues seem to function better on nost, kronos has bugged pickpocketing (monster almost always detects you, not resist or dodge).
    Bots are bad on both, nost has more people, so obviously there will be more bots.

33 Hunter, 25 priest, 22 rogue on kronos
    15 priest, 30 rogue on nost.

Short Version: Play kronos if you want an easy, more live-like experience of vanilla, with few players. Play nost if you want the nitty gritty blood and grind experience, with more players.

Which one you like more - Kronos or Nostalrius Begins?
    cdmichaelb's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, this happened on kronos: I'd like to share a story: a Kronos story

Short Version:
    >Guild cheated
    >Guild recruited new members
    >New members didn't know guild cheated and thought raids (7 day versions) reset on Tuesday. [because what other day would the reset?]
    >GMs banned whole guild, even those who only entered the final raid after what they thought was reset day.
    >GMs/Staff acted very unprofessionally and biased during the whole event. [Why they didn't just close the thread on page 1 instead of participating for 8 pages? Why weren't their responses calm and calculated?]

I amend what I said previously and full recommend anyone joining a vanilla server to go to Nostralius.

skeletonboy360's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like kronos forums more

element19090's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    38/33
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the population Nostalrius has there is really no debate in my opinion.

Corthezz's Avatar Elite User Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    183/98
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cdmichaelb View Post
    So, this happened on kronos: I'd like to share a story: a Kronos story

Short Version:
    >Guild cheated
    >Guild recruited new members
    >New members didn't know guild cheated and thought raids (7 day versions) reset on Tuesday. [because what other day would the reset?]
    >GMs banned whole guild, even those who only entered the final raid after what they thought was reset day.
    >GMs/Staff acted very unprofessionally and biased during the whole event. [Why they didn't just close the thread on page 1 instead of participating for 8 pages? Why weren't their responses calm and calculated?]

I amend what I said previously and full recommend anyone joining a vanilla server to go to Nostralius.
    Not knowing something doesnt protect you from penalty. Finally a server which stand to their rules and stil people cry.
    Should they ask each person if they knew they did mc the second time or what is a fair solution in your opinion?
    Check my blog: https://zzuks.blogspot.com

cdmichaelb's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/5
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Corthezz View Post
    Not knowing something doesnt protect you from penalty. Finally a server which stand to their rules and stil people cry.
    Should they ask each person if they knew they did mc the second time or what is a fair solution in your opinion?
    Lets say 10 players clear MC, then abuse it to run it again with another set of players, then another set of players, should all 100 players be banned because of those 10 players even though the 90 had no idea what was going on? A fair(yet still easy on the staff) solution would have been to take the loot away and maybe a 1-3 day ban, which is originally what was going to happen, but here is where it gets worse:
    All those players got the much harsher 2 week ban plus stripping of items (I believe all items, not just the ones attained in MC) because a single player told the server staff that they were going to blackmail them. Now do you think that's fair?

What if I went to the server staff and said "Hey me and Corthezz are going to smear you to no end unless you give us free epics", even though you have no idea what is going on, is it fair of them to punish you? If so, what if I just go around doing that to my enemies, to get them out of the game?

And I want to add, to my original statement on the population, those guys who joined and unknowingly got caught up in this, only did so because they had no alternative, it was the only guild that could accommodate them (and now we know why), but they were hardly doing anything sinister.

Also, you and many others seem to be confusing "Not knowing doesn't protect you from penalty" that applies to not knowing the rules, not not knowing that someone among you was cheating. If you want to argue that, why isn't the entire server banned? Not knowing isn't protection right?
    Last edited by cdmichaelb; 05-15-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Trolisimo's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I had 2 friend from that guild one of them was 60 (he doesnt raid) other ~40 and something, both got banned They moved to Nost and asked me to join them but vanilla is closed page for me, it req too much time.

Wtfluxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kronos is the better realm in my opinion. I played Kronos first and it was really nice, I decided to try Nostalrius because it has so many players. I quit after a few odd hours. In those hours I had seen more bugs than I have seen on Kronos in total (I am level 19). Also, even though I had 15-30ms playing on Nost it just felt really laggy, which really put me off.

I say go Kronos, all they need to be the best are more players. Currently there are around a 1000 online during peak hours, but we need more.
    What the hell is a signature?

Roetro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kronos

I played on Nostalrius at release and I found it to be so packed... I couldn't finish some of my quests. The quest "Goretusk Liver Pie" in Westfall you have to kill the goretusks scattered across the zone, and collect 8 of their livers. I couldn't kill a single one before it was stolen from beneath my feet. Now on Kronos, there is a decent population. 1500 is quite a large number. I was able to get that quest completed in about 15 minutes. I leave this up to you... would you rather spend 3 hours on a trivial quest or 15 minutes?

Oh, I dont know what Nost is run on, but Kronos uses Mangos.

Mashadow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kronos is shit ! (didnt play nost) but did play kronos, the GM's are corupt as **** they bann ppl on forums for no reason when one of their friends get their ass handed to themself..
    the pvp community is horrible aswell, ppl are actually shit there beyond level.. if u wanne be the best pvper on kronos well, log in and you probly are.. ppl are so elitist and such it was really killing me... me for example got called out many times by GM friends saying im shit and blabla, still i managed to link them my retail char full packed out with gladiator titles even a rank1 title and did raiding in top world guilds.. they cant break 1.5k rating.. if u wanne lose braincells i suggest you should try kronos ull get dementia really fast there..
    last the population is nowhere.. gl getting into a BG.. you can make other faction toons to cry their worldchat nonstop for them to que and with some luck ull do 1 bg every 2 hours.. and they call themself pvpers... i laugh when logging that realm

xian65's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nostalrius all way down. It has a huge popluation and you can earn a lot of real cash botting there. I have 10 bots and in month I earn almost 1k $. So go there and have fun. If you need to buy a character or trade it for real cash it's easy too. And there is a lot of exploits for all classes you can kill raid bosses in just 2 hits. It's amazing and fun server. Go for it. Nost forever.

warslam's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rebirth is so amazing and i love playing on it over the other 2 servers because the community is far better then the rest

alucard001's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nostalrius is the one who will provide the closest experience that vanilla was back in the old days.

But if you want a really good tip, trust me, every one is a piece of shit. Vanilla died many years ago, deal with it.

vagabund132's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really recommend you Nostalrius, although Kronos is not bad, but if you want better vanilla and blizzlike feeling just stick with Nostalrius, it is better overall and the community is very great and players are friendly.
    Last edited by vagabund132; 01-07-2016 at 02:46 PM. Reason: a typo

xian65's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only Nostarlius ! It's true that kronos don't have lags , bugs, gold dupers, exploiters and retarded trolls but that population is huge and this is very win situation.

16. Thanks Cheengle (1 members gave Thanks to xian65 for this useful post)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast