Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BunnyEmu looking for (Java) developers

Hey there,

I've been working on a emulator/sandbox for a while, and here is the current state: https://github.com/marijnz/BunnyEmu.

The main goal of it is to support all major WoW patches, now currently focussing on 5.3.0. The authentication works on all major versions, such does the world login on 5.3.0, but other than that, it's pretty much it. I know compared to other emulators, it's not really much. Although writing this from scratch without much knowledge from the subject took quite a while.

Now someone else has been helping me out recently, but to make some real progress, we could really use more people to help on it. Java is a relatively simple language and the whole design of the emulator is pretty straight-forward (but can still be a little overwhelming). It's always possible to fork and PR any changes. Lots of things to implement!

Also feedback or criticism is welcome, the "emulator" is by no means perfect and could use the opinion of other people than me! It's something new

Note that the code is based off i.a, Arctium, MaNGOS and JMaNGOS.

BunnyEmu looking for (Java) developers
    W@WAdict's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds interesting.

I forked the repository so I can take a look at it. Will be interested in seeing how you are handling all the different client versions, on authentication and encryption keys, as well as update packets.

Seems like a very ambitious goal to handle all the major client versions with all the different packet structures and such.

I wish you the best of luck with your project.

Later.

W@WAdict

marijnz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by W@WAdict View Post
    Sounds interesting.

I forked the repository so I can take a look at it. Will be interested in seeing how you are handling all the different client versions, on authentication and encryption keys, as well as update packets.

Seems like a very ambitious goal to handle all the major client versions with all the different packet structures and such.

I wish you the best of luck with your project.

Later.

W@WAdict
    Hey, super(!) late response, never got a notification. So I didn't work for the project for a long while and I don't think I will again (but you never know..) the authentication up to world logging in works on all versions till MoP (not sure up to which patch) so it turned out good! Anyone is still very welcome to develop further on it of course. It's rather easy to support new versions

Ladrek's Avatar Sergeant GOD CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by marijnz View Post
    Hey, super(!) late response, never got a notification. So I didn't work for the project for a long while and I don't think I will again (but you never know..) the authentication up to world logging in works on all versions till MoP (not sure up to which patch) so it turned out good! Anyone is still very welcome to develop further on it of course. It's rather easy to support new versions
    are you working on it still or not? im confused..

pyro182's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I just joined this sounds cool I hope u can update it to the new expansion if this works u will save me a ton of money thanks man

marijnz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ladrek View Post
    are you working on it still or not? im confused..
    Hi, again super late response. Ha. No I'm sadly enough not working on this anymore.