I have recently salvaged Arcemu at the last stable revision of 2.4.3 and uploaded it to Github as an open source project: Arcemu-2.4.3.
I am currently in the process of writing guides to help with the download and compilation of the core and the configuration of an Arcemu-2.4.3-based server on the wiki page for the project. Anyone interested is free to contribute.
As of now I have been focusing on bug-fixes and have not yet integrated the scripting extensions into the core. Bug fixes include:
- Weapon visuals will now correctly be removed for broken weapons (when durability is zero)
- NPCs will now stop moving when gossip is initiated
- Right-clicking an item for purchase from vendor is now correctly implemented
- Buyback tab is now functional
- Durability loss when resurrecting from a spirit-healer will now be applied to unequipped items in addition to equipped items
- Repair-all-items will now function correctly
- When gossip is initiated with a spirit healer, a resurrection prompt will immediately be sent to the client
- Quest giver statuses will now correctly update upon player level gains
- NPCs will now move smoothly when chasing targets in combat (must be fixed for ranged/casting NPCS)
- Swimming upwards is now working correctly (tentative fix, may be removed)