Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chat message - Console & Error output

Hello,

I noticed that any message sent through WoW API (LUA, /run print("") command / ...) wasn't available within the Chat System structure, maybe because there is no "real sender name / GUID / ...", not sure.

My guess was that all the Console output was then stored in another similar structure, for which I found a pointer to something behaving somewhat like the "ChatPosition" from the Chat System : Increasing by 1 on every console line and getting resetted at 0 on /reload. (The pointer I'm using for reference is 0x00D76014->0x384->0x0->0x490->0x8->9x40)

The question I had about it was : what is the best way for me to find the other information I need to access console output (ChatBuffer / ChatMsgSize / ... but for the console struct) ? I hope that makes

(The end goal being to have a way to read data I can easily output through WoW API such as the bag content / buff & debuff / .... without having to maintain any of those other structures after every patch and without doing any memory writing / direct LUA call from my process)

Chat message - Console & Error output
    Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems like a huge waste of effort. You're better off making your bot not rely on such obscure ways of extracting the data you want (all of which is incredibly simple to handle - bags/buffs/etc.)

In any case, you can check CGChat::AddChatMessage. It's responsible for all chat output IIRC.