Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legion SpellEffect Access

Hello,

in my current project I have the ability to read DB2s via m_ID column. This is great for spell DB then i can pass the record pointer to functions and get ranges,casttime, charges ect. However, I am currently stuck with accessing the SpellEffect.db2. It has a spellId column and I have attempted to read every row and store a dictionary of id,spellEffectRecord but it is very very slow and massive (MaxIndex = 370xxx).

I noticed that in legion the removed all the calls to GetRecord<SpellEffectRec>. SO i started looking at SpellGetEffect(s) function based on the older mac IDB from 6.0. However I have not been able to get it to work. Below are the live addresses for the function I was looking at.

1403E5B20 GetSpellEffect
    140421510 GetSpellEffects ( this seems to return some sort of array that gets looped through?)

Just wondering if anyone has a function or quick way to access spellId => SpellEffectID.

Thanks,
    Ace

Legion SpellEffect Access
    air999's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/62
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x64 7.1.5.23420
    From Script_IsAttackSpell i've got 0x140421330 for SpellGetEffect()
    from SpellIsSelfBuff 0x140421510 for SpellGetEffects()

0x1403E5B20 is possible some wrapper function, what called before SpellGetEffect.

aeo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    84/62
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah those are the two Im looking at it seems like you can use one to get the index but it seems that only some of the indexes work with my lookup. Currently using

1402F2490 WowClientDB_Base__GetRecordDataUnsafe

to do the lookup. The record I get back is like half the table, Im missing data after a few columns
    Last edited by aeo; 03-15-2017 at 04:48 PM.

aeo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    84/62
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by aeo View Post
    Yeah those are the two Im looking at it seems like you can use one to get the index but it seems that only some of the indexes work with my lookup. Currently using

1402F2490 WowClientDB_Base__GetRecordDataUnsafe

to do the lookup. The record I get back is like half the table, Im missing data after a few columns
    After more work it seems like each of the returned values from SPellGetEffect points to a row or struct in SPellEfect table However, the struct and whats in memory dont match. I can see the array of whatever the information is. I can see the index at 0x2C and the SpellId shortly after. But I cannot find the ApplyAuraType values or anything else.

The other thing is that even when i read the row using the quoted function with a valid ID, I get inconsistant results. If i use the index for spellID 589 shadow word pain I can read the struct fine and see ApplyAuraType 3 for periodic damage. However if i look at moonfire which should be the same data layout I get blank values back for all spelleffect indexes with spellid of moonfire.

Edit:

MOre progress made I can call the GetSpelleffects with a spellid and get a returned array of spellEffect pointers. I have confirmed them in Reclass. Its seeems though that some of the results have the effect IDs stored in a different way. Maybe some array or something.

Edit2 seems that the main fields are stored properly but the other fields im looking for are the DBC Meta. I have to figure out how to read them as they seem to change sizes in memory depending on the row.
    Last edited by aeo; 03-17-2017 at 08:02 AM.