0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.12.1 meshreader issue

I am working on creating navigation mesh using meshReader GitHub - stschake/meshReader: WoW NavMesh generator based on Recast&Detour (and geometry reader) and R/T for 1.12.1. So far I am able to extract the vertices from the MCNK chunk and hence the terrain. But so far have not been able to handle doodads, world models & liquids. I know that for 1.12.1 it does not have MH20.

So far following are the chunks that I see for any tile

for E.g. for : World\Maps\Kalimdor\Kalimdor_0_0.adt tile I see

Code:
    MVER,MHDR,MCIN,MTEX,MMDX,MMID,MWMO,MWID,MDDF,MODF, MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK,MCNK
    Structurally (ADT wise) this is correct.

Now when I get to reading MCNK subchunks to handle Doodads, I had to modify meshReader code to adjust MCNK chunk stream to skip MCNK Header 128 bytes (based on WOWDEV) to get to first subchunk and that helped. First MCNK total length is 2552.

With that I read MCVT
    Code:
       Length : 580
    and then MCNR
    Code:
       Length : 435
    MCNR chunk provides me a 32bit length to be 435 and based on that meshReader expects the next subchunk (For Doodads, meshreader expects MCRD but i think for older versions it should be MCLQ) to be at 5447 (ADT stream position)

but first four reversed bytes don't yield any valid sub-chunk...

I have looked at 1.12.1 cmangos and did not see in code specifically where it was handling sub-chunks specifically Doodads etc.

I am a bit stuck, any pointers or help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Achilees; 03-12-2017 at 09:57 AM.

1.12.1 meshreader issue
    Achilees's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping the thread post editing.

Achilees's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4. Thanks squiggy, tutrakan, Corthezz (3 members gave Thanks to Achilees for this useful post)