2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Torpedoes View Post
    Target GUID = GUID of your current target (i.e. if you're targeting a player or NPC then their GUID will be there). Mouse GUID = GUID of your mouse over target.
    Ugh, so I spent a day trying to get coordinates for my current target. Somehow I managed to find the opposite of what I needed. I found that the mouse GUID X, Y coordinates are PTR(wow-64.exe + 0183B280) + 280(x)/284(y) but I'm trying to look for the TARGET GUID X/Y. Any hints?

I've made no headway in trying to figure out what the array of bytes buys me from your ct table. I looked at the surrounding region and tabbed to change my target but couldn't find any solid leads in memory address. halp.

[WoW] [7.1.5.23360]
    Zazazu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/143
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kita12 View Post
    Ugh, so I spent a day trying to get coordinates for my current target. Somehow I managed to find the opposite of what I needed. I found that the mouse GUID X, Y coordinates are PTR(wow-64.exe + 0183B280) + 280(x)/284(y) but I'm trying to look for the TARGET GUID X/Y. Any hints?
    Y need read EntityList and compare Entity.GUID with TargetGUID for find target object. After find object ptr y can get coordinates X,Y,Z (UnitOrigin).

All GREEN selected its Offset Information from Torpedoes
    Last edited by Zazazu; 01-25-2017 at 06:28 AM.

blerm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To piggyback somewhat on pita12's comment... I'm trying to find any object's coordinates (that should have coords like an npc). Using Torpedoes offsets, I can find the entity list and the linked list of objects. I see an objects guid, descripter like 1-7, but I don't see anything that could be positioning. If I look for an npc that's moving, I don't see anything in the 0x70 bytes that changes.

What am I missing or not understanding? Should all info about an object be in those 0x70 bytes? Are there pointers within that block that give more data about an object?

Torpedoes's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Doomsayer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by blerm View Post
    To piggyback somewhat on pita12's comment... I'm trying to find any object's coordinates (that should have coords like an npc). Using Torpedoes offsets, I can find the entity list and the linked list of objects. I see an objects guid, descripter like 1-7, but I don't see anything that could be positioning. If I look for an npc that's moving, I don't see anything in the 0x70 bytes that changes.

What am I missing or not understanding? Should all info about an object be in those 0x70 bytes? Are there pointers within that block that give more data about an object?
    You're looking for the "UnitOrigin" offset, which is grouped into three floats: X, Y and Z. This offset is not part of the descriptors but rather the entity itself (i.e. Entity + UnitOrigin).

air999's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/62
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how ObjectManager resides in memory:

[WoW] [7.1.5.23360]-objectmanager-gif

6. Thanks Torpedoes, tutrakan (2 members gave Thanks to air999 for this useful post)
    blerm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot, that was really helpful.

blerm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more question about objects. I know there are tons of questions about the object manager on the forums, so I'm sorry if I'm asking something that's covered elsewhere.

Is every single item in the game world represented in the object manager? Like buildings, fences, etc. I can navigate to and around point objects that have an x, y, z coordinate, but I'm trying to figure out how buildings and non point objects are handled. How is the position of a wall represented?

Frosttall's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    16/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more question about objects. I know there are tons of questions about the object manager on the forums, so I'm sorry if I'm asking something that's covered elsewhere.

Is every single item in the game world represented in the object manager? Like buildings, fences, etc. I can navigate to and around point objects that have an x, y, z coordinate, but I'm trying to figure out how buildings and non point objects are handled. How is the position of a wall represented?
    No most of the world objects are stored on the client in so called WMOs (World Map Objects). You can read up further details overe here: WMO/v17 - wowdev

blerm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Frosttall View Post
    No most of the world objects are stored on the client in so called WMOs (World Map Objects). You can read up further details overe here: WMO/v17 - wowdev
    Thanks. I briefly looked over the link and will look at it in more detail. Are there still simple static offsets for accessing these WMOs such objects?

I assume trying to interpret and navigate these objects is far more complex than gettings player/target values. In general, how do bots navigate around and through these objects?

Torpedoes's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Doomsayer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do bots navigate around and through these objects?
    You're opening up a huge can of worms

There are many ways of navigating the game world, but it depends on a couple of variables (e.g.. Are you flying? Are you avoiding something? Are you mounted?, etc.). The fact that the game world is 3D only complicates the matter. But here are some methods that people use to navigate the game world: Waypoint navigation with something like A*, Navigation mesh, Recast and Detour, among others.

All these methods have their own advantages and disadvantages but it all comes down to what problem you're trying to solve and how you intend to solve it. As an example, if you're using click to move and directly writing the values into memory, then waypoint navigation is a good way to go, but it comes with the trade-off of increasing the risk that your account will be banned. On the other hand, if you're willing to hook into the games' map files then navigation mesh / recast might be a good way to go, but it's harder and more complicated to implement.

Regardless of the method you're going with, there are plenty of resources/ (Screenshot Thread)screenshots on OwnedCore of people coming up with their own solutions to this problem. But here are a few links to help get you started. Be sure to do some of your own research as well though.

Last edited by Torpedoes; 01-31-2017 at 11:52 AM.

blerm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I assumed navigating around world objects was going to be a lot harder. I'll take a look at the links.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123