0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warden update

A new warden update is the big topic on the honorbuddy forum but where is it?

* I checked the warden framework on ~20 servers (US and EU) ... the same old 2011 modules were streamed.
    * I checked the wod beta realms ... no modules at all.
    * I checked the battle.net framework for suspicious streamed dlls ... nothing.
    * I hooked a few apis for suspicious calls ... nothing.

maybe I am stupid but could someone give me a little hint?

Warden update
    obitum's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I know, there's been an hardware upgrade during maintenance yesterday.

teufel123's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also curios about this. I use HB but will stop until further information about the warden update which the HB team accounced.

Thomja's Avatar Almost Legendary User
    Thanks G/R
    14/38
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black magic, Blizzard got some of the left over Wizards from the Black Temple to do some of their bidding.
    I really don't have anything interesting to put here anymore.

giggling's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rababar View Post
    A new warden update is the big topic on the honorbuddy forum but where is it?

* I checked the warden framework on ~20 servers (US and EU) ... the same old 2011 modules were streamed.
    * I checked the wod beta realms ... no modules at all.
    * I checked the battle.net framework for suspicious streamed dlls ... nothing.
    * I hooked a few apis for suspicious calls ... nothing.

maybe I am stupid but could someone give me a little hint?
    Only a handful of warden module are sent at a time, so you probably haven't received the new module yet. The only way to be sure is to monitor warden downloads continously and watch for a new module being received, which is what the HB guys do.

Rababar's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by giggling View Post
    Only a handful of warden module are sent at a time, so you probably haven't received the new module yet.
    Prior 2009 / 2008 (dunno anymore the exact year) every account got a different module. They changed it and every account gets the same which is cycled through every x minutes.

The modules itself are created in a batch. The currently used modules were created in 2011 and yes I have all from the 2011 batch (and the ones from 2010, and 2009, ...)

Logger 5 minutes ago

the module was first seen in 2011.

As I said: Dunno if I am missing something but my accounts run 24/7 too and all I get are the 3 year old modules.
    Last edited by Rababar; 07-25-2014 at 08:27 AM.

toplels's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Relax. Warden wasn't updated.

snazzyjdawg's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by toplels View Post
    Relax. Warden wasn't updated.
    Your actually an idiot.

Originally Posted by Hawker
    On July 22, Blizzard pushed a change to WoW's version of their anti cheat system, Warden. This is the first change that concerns us in over 3 years. The risks associated with botting have risen and it will be at least 30 days before we can report on the changes.

If this increased risk makes you uncomfortable, now would be the time to stop botting. We are re-opening our auth servers right now.

In the wise words of Sergeant Esterhaus, "Lets be careful out there." Happy botting.
    Thats straight from a core developer of honorbuddy. There was definitely a change as tripwire just doesn't go off for any reason... it has not been triggered for over a year.

Take this with a grain of salt as I am truly not familiar with the code behind warden but I believe their was not an update per say however, tripwire went off because it saw a scan that it never has seen before. Remember warden does not require a patch or anything it's updated on the fly even while your logged in playing the game.
    Last edited by snazzyjdawg; 07-24-2014 at 02:18 PM.

VesperCore's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by snazzyjdawg View Post
    Your actually an idiot.

Thats straight from a core developer of honorbuddy. There was definitely a change as tripwire just doesn't go off for any reason... it has not been triggered for over a year.

Take this with a grain of salt as I am truly not familiar with the code behind warden but I believe their was not an update per say however, tripwire went off because it saw a scan that it never has seen before. Remember warden does not require a patch or anything it's updated on the fly even while your logged in playing the game.

You believe to every HB devs talks like if they were god and you insults others. What a good community member.

This is the first change that concerns us in over 3 years.
    You gotta get to know about "SMSG_EnableHonorbuddyDetection", but unfortunatly, my messages in this thread have been censored because they proove that HB have been focused by blizzard much often than they seems to let you know.

Note that I received 70% of my reputations points in ONE message and this message is even missing from my "reputation history" in my profile page, lol.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...e-careful.html

Read, you can see some part of my original messages though "MaIN" answers quotting me, as well as from people who thank me up.

Edit: The full original message is quoted as is on the last page: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ml#post2866733

For the record, you must know that a HB TripWire alert can be sent just because you are using a cracked version of HB.. Then you either need to remove tripwire alerts from the bin and be ****ed in case of a real warden alert or just stop using a cracked version.

To finish, I will quote myself again, because a few bot owners I know talked to me on skype repporting they got harrassed by users thinking their bot is detectable by warden because of that HB info....

Don't stress yourself just because Honorbuddy say something.
    Last edited by VesperCore; 07-25-2014 at 01:01 PM.

leetdemon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by VesperCore View Post
    You believe to every HB devs talks like if they were god and you insults others. What a good community member.

You gotta get to know about "SMSG_EnableHonorbuddyDetection", but unfortunatly, my messages in this thread have been censored because they proove that HB have been focused by blizzard much often than they seems to let you know.

Note that I received 70% of my reputations points in ONE message and this message is even missing from my "reputation history" in my profile page, lol.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...e-careful.html

Read, you can see some part of my original messages though "MaIN" answers quotting me, as well as from people who thank me up.

Edit: The full original message is quoted as is on the last page: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...ml#post2866733

so are you saying its safe to bot since the update or its not safe to bot since the update? im confused...thank you

Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by leetdemon View Post
    so are you saying its safe to bot since the update or its not safe to bot since the update? im confused...thank you
    I'm saying I don't base my work on HB devs eyes closed. I check myself, so far, we did not found anything, maybe they found something and we will figure out quickly enough too, but for the moment, if we don't find something, that mean it's safe.

They are maybe talking about something they discovered on 6.0, and I'm digging into anyway, like almost if not all bots owners.

Fact is HB try to implicitly say that botting isn't safe, maybe in anticipation for 6.0 pre-patch so people wait the full time they will take to update their bot and they wont lose any subscribers. (they took 2 to 3 weeks for MoP pre-patch)

DarkLinux's Avatar Former Staff
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    188/531
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be nice if they could post the module. If blizz did push a test Warden then I'm guessing they would have the best luck finding it... I would guess they would dump and upload it... Or they only check hashes and they don't have a copy them self's. It is a business so I guess they will not release any info :k

Thanks G/R
    2/17
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DarkLinux View Post
    It would be nice if they could post the module. If blizz did push a test Warden then I'm guessing they would have the best luck finding it... I would guess they would dump and upload it... Or they only check hashes and they don't have a copy them self's. It is a business so I guess they will not release any info :k
    Not that luck if they use their 10000+ online bots to find it, but, why they would shutdown the tripwire without doing any modification to HB itself.... And saying there is a 30 days risky period ????
    They just have no proofs at all, and it's most likely what I'm saying in my thread. Scare people for concurrents updating to 6.0 prepatch before them.

leetdemon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm saying I don't base my work on HB devs eyes closed. I check myself, so far, we did not found anything, maybe they found something and we will figure out quickly enough too, but for the moment, if we don't find something, that mean it's safe.

They are maybe talking about something they discovered on 6.0, and I'm digging into anyway, like almost if not all bots owners.

Fact is HB try to implicitly say that botting isn't safe, maybe in anticipation for 6.0 pre-patch so people wait the full time they will take to update their bot and they wont lose any subscribers. (they took 2 to 3 weeks for MoP pre-patch)
    ok ty much sir...+rep

raphus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't stress yourself just because Honorbuddy say something.
    Most of the core developers of HB are trusted members of this community for years. The reason we can't share any information about recent changes is the legal battle between Bossland GmbH and Blizzard. We have been as transparent as we could be about all previous changes regarding detection measures with both our user base and fellows here in ownedcore.

We did see changes to Warden. It is up to you to trust in our expertise and reputation.

why they would shutdown the tripwire without doing any modification to HB itself.... And saying there is a 30 days risky period ????
    They just have no proofs at all, and it's most likely what I'm saying in my thread. Scare people for concurrents updating to 6.0 prepatch before them.
    You could have figured out the 30 days period if you knew how warden works well enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast