81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wightolore View Post
    Boom. That did it. I finally figured it out. Thanks for that last nudge. In case anyone else is wondering how to change FoV in WoW 16769. [EDIT: And has little to no clue about memory editing, I should add.]

Offsets used: 0x5E9400 (w/ 0x0 base Wow.exe) for CGWorldFrame_GetActiveCamera
    Source: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...mp-thread.html ([WoW] [5.2.0 16769] x86 Info Dump Thread)

In Cheat Engine 6.2 you can open Wow.exe and click 'Memory View' right below where Address and Values are scanned and found. From there go to Tools -> Auto Assemble. In this window you can do a bunch of fun things like call functions in the process you've opened. Here's the script I used:

Code:
    fullaccess(00400500,4)
    alloc(mycode,2048)
    CreateThread(mycode)

mycode:
    call 9C9400
    mov [00400500],eax //save result
    ret // exit thread
    Before hitting execute use the Memory View one more time to look at address 0x400500 - manually add the address to the original cheat engine window and right-click (->Browse this memory region) to access it quicker.

Hit execute, and watch the 4 bytes at 0x400500 change. This is the pointer to the camera. My 4 bytes read 'C8 F3 73 0C'. This is the address but in reverse. The actual address of my pointer was 0C 73 F3 C8. Like the guys above said the FoV is at offset 0x38. I added the two (0C 73 F3 C8 and 38 ) and got 0C 73 F4 00. Added this address manually. Set the type to float and changed it. BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE. Changed the FoV immediately.
    You might want to take note of what the GetActiveCamera function does. The active camera can be easily found with reading memory, which is obviously easier to do through programs like Cheat Engine. Check in IDA how the function gets it.

FoV in wow
    para_'s Avatar Active Member 01001100 01001111 01001100 CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    16/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    You might want to take note of what the GetActiveCamera function does. The active camera can be easily found with reading memory, which is obviously easier to do through programs like Cheat Engine. Check in IDA how the function gets it.
    I think I was able to figure it out. GetActiveCamera calls offset 0xD5153C which carried an address. That address in this instance of WoW was added to 0x8150 per the function. This led directly to an already made pointer to an active camera. Added 0x38 for the final address. Given a bit more research into memory editing via C++ I think I can do it in my own executable alot easier. Thanks for the nudge, Jadd.

Thanks G/R
    16/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok last time I reply to this thread because I assume I have thoroughly beaten this dead horse long enough. Anyways, I spent all day trying to writing an executable that does what Cheat Engine did in like 2 seconds haha. But I learned alot so I feel like it was worth it and I wanted to share the source and the exe.

Link to the exe: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1q7v29qbptqoop/FoVflyi.zip
    Virustotal for the exe: 0/45 https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1...687f/analysis/
    Link to the source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt4poshqmy...FoVflyi%29.zip

Only special compiler options I used were Properties -> General -> Use MFC in a static library. I've never uploaded source or an exe to any web site before so I don't really know the proper etiquette.

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok last time I reply to this thread because I assume I have thoroughly beaten this dead horse long enough. Anyways, I spent all day trying to writing an executable that does what Cheat Engine did in like 2 seconds haha. But I learned alot so I feel like it was worth it and I wanted to share the source and the exe.

Link to the exe: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1q7v29qbptqoop/FoVflyi.zip
    Virustotal for the exe: 0/45 https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1...687f/analysis/
    Link to the source: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt4poshqmy...FoVflyi%29.zip

Only special compiler options I used were Properties -> General -> Use MFC in a static library. I've never uploaded source or an exe to any web site before so I don't really know the proper etiquette.
    Seems pretty bold to start with C++. You should try something simpler and easier to format (at least you're familiarized with a coding style), such as C#. There's plenty of memory editing libraries for it, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Props for actually putting in the effort to learn something. Most people just expect hand-outs of code, addresses and such.

Master674's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    2/23
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jadd View Post
    Seems pretty bold to start with C++. You should try something simpler and easier to format (at least you're familiarized with a coding style), such as C#. There's plenty of memory editing libraries for it, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Props for actually putting in the effort to learn something. Most people just expect hand-outs of code, addresses and such.
    Why? I learned cpp from start as well, where is the problem?

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Master674 View Post
    Why? I learned cpp from start as well, where is the problem?
    It's just my recommendation, C# is far cleaner to write in so it's obviously more suited to a beginner. At least until you get the syntax and coding style down. Native languages can also be a bit daunting to learn at the start.

Edit: It's also worth trying out different languages just to see which you like more.
    Last edited by Jadd; 04-08-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks G/R
    16/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ty Jadd for the rep and props, man.

I've heard some good things in favor of coding 'trainers' in C#, but in school I took a couple comp sci classes that started in Java and ended in C++ so I just chose what felt the safest for me. I didn't feel like learning new syntax while also learning memory reading / writing. haha

Right now I'm trying to figure out how the CGCamera struct was discerned. O__o

DrakeFish's Avatar Lazy Leecher

Thanks G/R
    0/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard some good things in favor of coding 'trainers' in C#, but in school I took a couple comp sci classes that started in Java and ended in C++ so I just chose what felt the safest for me. I didn't feel like learning new syntax while also learning memory reading / writing. haha
    Just keep up with your native programming. There is no reason for you to use .NET if you don't need it, and the fact that it's "simpler to code" isn't necessarily true; you will find yourself writing interopability code because simple native structures aren't always so simple in C#, whereas they take a few lines to write in native C or C++. The fact that you are already coding in native should also help you to understand how things really work on runtime.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how the CGCamera struct was discerned. O__o
    If you mean that you don't understand how it was found in memory, there would be various ways to tell when looking at the executable with a "disassembler" program like IDA or by scanning/analyzing the game's process on runtime. But only experience can help to quickly recognize what information is useful or not when searching for such things, and every engines/softwares have their own way of coding things. The same would go with finding out what exactly the structure fields are.
    Last edited by DrakeFish; 04-09-2013 at 12:56 AM.

namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to necro this thread, but I thought I would just add for future readers that you can apply the FoV fix in a simpler way, by changing where the client reads its default. In 1.12.1, this is at 0x8089B4. The default value is 0x3FC90FDB which equals 1.5708. In 2.4.3, this is at 0x8B5A04. In 3.3.5a, this is at 0x9E8D88.
    Last edited by namreeb; 12-05-2016 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added 3.3.5a offset

10. Thanks Natrist, Nikk0z (2 members gave Thanks to namreeb for this useful post)
    Nikk0z's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the (second) necro, but I wanted to let everyone who is interested know that thanks to namreeb's info I managed to permanently patch the executables for Vanilla and TBC with a custom FoV value via an hex editor.

Downloads and explanation here (Vanilla 1.12 & TBC 2.4.3 - Permanent FoV fix (patched WoW.exe)).

12. Thanks CrazyCo (1 members gave Thanks to Nikk0z for this useful post)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12