0/52
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by adaephon View Post
    TOM_RUS: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2660220/Binaries.zip Compiled with VS 2010 one loads Orgrimmar, another loads Elywnn Forest
    Thanks. Checked generic version, same issues as I posted above. Now we can be sure that it's not problem with compiler, but some hardware dependent problem...

[Tool] Navmesh Creator
    Flowerew's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Thanks. Checked generic version, same issues as I posted above. Now we can be sure that it's not problem with compiler, but some hardware dependent problem...
    I don't know if that's a fix. But could you try to create the IDirect3D9Device in Renderer::initDirect3D() function with D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING insead of D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING. Just a guess right now.

Edit: There will be a check against Direct3D device caps in the next version of the sample to make sure the device is created with the correct flags and draw calls use the right amount of vertices per batch.
    Last edited by Flowerew; 12-06-2010 at 09:54 AM.

TOM_RUS's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/52
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Flowerew View Post
    I don't know if that's a fix. But could you try to create the IDirect3D9Device in Renderer::initDirect3D() function with D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING insead of D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING.
    Doesn't work, same problem, the only difference I noticed is that renderer a lot more slow with software flag.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 12-06-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Doesn't work, same problem, the only difference I noticed is that renderer a lot more slow with software flag.
    Can you do me favor and take a screenshot of your device caps like this one: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9918/devcaps.png. The tool can be found in your DirectX SDK start menu entry. I hope it sheds some light on your issue.

_Mike's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you do me favor and take a screenshot of your device caps like this one: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9918/devcaps.png. The tool can be found in your DirectX SDK start menu entry. I hope it sheds some light on your issue.
    You should check the HAL device caps though. The reference device is a pure software renderer.
    (Or try running the demo project with the ref driver)

TOM_RUS's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/52
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1970/caps1p.jpg

QKdefus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finally managed to build the svn rev46, should i just remove this from loading ? i figure its not used anymore.. or am i doing something wrong again ? ^^
    Code:
    Load "wow-update-oldworld-13286.MPQ"Cannot open K:\WowI\Data\wow-update-oldworld-13286.MPQ libmpq__file_unpacked_size failed
    edit:
    after removing those lines and figuring out how to move around in wowmapper :P
    orgrimmar http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6472/31834797.jpg

nice work Flowerew : )
    Last edited by QKdefus; 12-06-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by _Mike View Post
    You should check the HAL device caps though. The reference device is a pure software renderer.
    (Or try running the demo project with the ref driver)
    Yeah my bad, I was in a little hurry and just did quick screen right before work was over. The HAL device is ofc the right one, but nonetheless, the updated sample will take actual hardware and its devcaps into account. Cheers

Originally Posted by QKdefus View Post
    finally managed to build the svn rev46, should i just remove this from loading ? i figure its not used anymore.. or am i doing something wrong again ? ^^
    Code:
    Load "wow-update-oldworld-13286.MPQ"Cannot open K:\WowI\Data\wow-update-oldworld-13286.MPQ libmpq__file_unpacked_size failed
    edit:
    after removing those lines and figuring out how to move around in wowmapper :P
    orgrimmar http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6472/31834797.jpg

nice work Flowerew : )
    Haha, nice screen. Nice chat! you should use a release build though if you just want to parse data.
    Last edited by Flowerew; 12-07-2010 at 06:07 AM.

dook123's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on my mobile when he spammed that crap :P. I think I am missing the connection of how this fits into everything. It goes through the wow map files to prepare them for navmesh? Its early morning for me go easy on me! Great work so far flowerew.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dook123 View Post
    I was on my mobile when he spammed that crap :P. I think I am missing the connection of how this fits into everything. It goes through the wow map files to prepare them for navmesh? Its early morning for me go easy on me! Great work so far flowerew.
    It can be used for several things, but the main reason for people here is probably the extraction of WoW's geometry so it can be further processed by recast to generate a navmesh, which actually gives your bot a perception of the world surrounding it. Navigation is probably the most important part of a bot, which most if not all people who are writing bots will agree on. So it's a big part of the whole picture.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this create the obj files for the current version you uploaded?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dook123 View Post
    Does this create the obj files for the current version you uploaded?
    If you're talking about the current sample project that's included, and wether it produces obj files which can be read by recast demo app, the answer is: no.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your assumption was correct. Well, even without that piece, great work! This is a portion of gaming I am completely unfamiliar with (rendering/maps/navmesh). It is very intriguing though. Keep up the good work.

QKdefus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, nice screen. Nice chat! you should use a release build though if you just want to parse data.
    thank you! well, thanks to you : P

was the first build so i think i forgot, went on to use release build after i came across a post mention the speed of the parser. quite an improvment vs debug build : )
    anyways after looking around in the wowmapper world i noticed several "spikes" sort of, took a closer look and noticed its three's ?
    but when i compared wow world to wowmapper it looks like a lot of three's are left out ? is that normal ?
    one other thing if u look at the crane in top right corner i noticed its just a big block is this due to its an animated object? i noticed this at the front gate's of orgrimmar as well
    probably not important, just thought id mention it : )

Last edited by QKdefus; 12-07-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by QKdefus View Post
    thank you! well, thanks to you : P

was the first build so i think i forgot, went on to use release build after i came across a post mention the speed of the parser. quite an improvment vs debug build : )
    anyways after looking around in the wowmapper world i noticed several "spikes" sort of, took a closer look and noticed its three's ?
    but when i compared wow world to wowmapper it looks like a lot of three's are left out ? is that normal ?
    one other thing if u look at the crane in top right corner i noticed its just a big block is this due to its an animated object? i noticed this at the front gate's of orgrimmar as well
    probably not important, just thought id mention it : )

I'm at work so I can't check, but it seems like some doodads are skipped or left out. I will put this on my todo list, thanks.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast