Just tested the pre-release, flow, and it works great. Exported all of Azeroth so far. Of course I'll do it again once you finish, because of the WMO interiors not being there, but still, thanks so much.
I wish I could rep you like a thousand times. ;-)
Kalimdor (new) 40_46, 39_47, and 40_47 keep giving errors. so far they are the only ones your code is failing on, and they all happen to be adjacent to eachother
Last edited by Megamike55; 11-30-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Hey, first of all, good job sPeC! and Flowerew..it's really nice of you to share your work I have a question, which may or may not be totally unrelated to all of this: I heard Cataclysm will bring about a new type of phasing system, for the terrain.. have you guys found a way to read these different phases? Im not sure where to look myself, as I'm still trying to figure out the mpq formats and whatnot. Not even sure this would be a problem, I might just be thinking too far ahead
was playing with svn version of wowmapper (well, tried to play), and it failed @ kalimdor 34 44 in parsing parseMh2oChunk. there is something wrong w/ chunk #38, layer 1, weird values.
Last edited by Flowerew; 12-05-2010 at 04:00 AM.
im probably doing something wrong. the mesh exporter seems to crash on "Processing: (1) World\maps\Azeroth\Azeroth_35_20.adt 306 kb" / "libmpq__file_unpacked_size failed (-10)"
and just out of curiosity i tried to build your svn project, but it says it cannot open or include glm.hpp and sdl.h ? : )
Last edited by QKdefus; 12-05-2010 at 02:40 PM.
release version won't work with wow after 4.0 patch, use svn one. update the include/library path in projects
---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------
btw: dunno about cv9, but vc10 produce the error on
uid_map.insert( UidMap_t::value_type( wmo.info.uid, 0 ) );
uid_map.insert( UidMap_t::value_type( wmo.info.uid, (void*) 0 ) );
Do you have same display issues like showed on my screenshots when compiling with VS2010?:
Last edited by TOM_RUS; 12-05-2010 at 08:19 PM.
oh, missed that... anyway that is easy one to fix byself i had no issue with latest svn (just 1 adt shows ?) , whole oggrimar was shown.
win 7 x64 here.
Here's a screenshot of area 14, durotar. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12654979/area_14.png
I tried running it quickly on a friends computer which has an integrated intel gpu and it looked really weird. I couldn't get a screenshot though. I think it might be a problem with the renderer itself and not the parser.
Edit: using revision 46
btw, demo project iterates over all adts to find out the ones belong to area id, is this info available somewhere ? no complain about it just kinda slow
Can someone compile it in VS2010 with game path "G:\\Games\\World of Warcraft\\Data" just to check if it's really hardware dependent or some other bug? Because I tried to send my binaries to other ppl and they had exactly same issues as me. May be something wrong with my compiler...
Last edited by TOM_RUS; 12-05-2010 at 10:25 PM.
small note in
adt_ss << zone_path << "_" << iter->x << "_" << iter->y;
adt are name_Y_X, so should be
adt_ss << zone_path << "_" << iter->y << "_" << iter->x;
just to avoid confusions
TOM_RUS: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2660220/Binaries.zip Compiled with VS 2010 one loads Orgrimmar, another loads Elywnn Forest
Flowerew: Awesome work! +rep
Edit: Updated binaries with a version (Generic) that allows you to enter Data Path, Zone Path and Zone Id at the command line i.e.If an argument isn't included it uses defaults, but it doesn't do any smart parsing. First argument is always data, followed by zone, followed by id. So if you want to change the default id, you have to specify data and zone path arguments.Code:Sample_D3dByAreaId.exe "G:\Games\World of Warcraft\Data" "world\maps\azeroth\azeroth" 12
Last edited by adaephon; 12-06-2010 at 08:39 AM.