0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need halp w/ objmanager and some localplayer stuff

So I've got some C++ code running that lets me access the object manager. I grab the localplayer GUID real quick then scan through the object manager until the current object that I'm looking at has the same GUID. Hence, I arrive at the localplayer base address.

(Credits: Apoc) From the 3.2.2 Info Dump thread, it indicated:
    Code:
    /* offsets:[d:0x03E5]:[b:0x0F94] */    unsigned long PLAYER_TRACK_RESOURCES;
    So I read the value at [[localplayerbase] + PLAYER_TRACK_RESOURCES] and I get "55485c43" which does not really resemble anything close to (credits: Robske):
    PLAYER_TRACK_RESOURCES

TRACK_OBJECT_HERBS = 0x02,
    TRACK_OBJECT_MINERALS = 0x04,
    TRACK_OBJECT_TREASURE = 0x20,

-1 if you whish to track everything.
    My guy in game is currently tracking minerals so I would sort of expect the value that I read to come out as 0x04...

Anything that I'm obviously doing wrong here? I realize that the offset for PLAYER_TRACK_RESOURCES was only in the 3.2.2 dump and that it may not be the same as in the current version (3.2.2a). Though, I wouldn't really be able to find the new offset myself as there is nothing for me to work off of. I tried running through 0x4 increments from the localplayer base address to see what I could find that matches the TRACK_OBJECT_MINERALS value but I really didn't get too far. There were like 3 offsets or something that matched but when I set my in-game tracking to nothing, their values didn't change to something like 0 which to me seems like the logical value for nothing being tracked.

Any advice/help is appreciated. This is currently my 3rd step in writing anything related to WoW memory editing so be gentle =X...first two steps were mostly just a few lines here and there in AutoIt.

Need halp w/ objmanager and some localplayer stuff
    Xcron's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nvm, I got it. The offset was different. I refined my method for scanning through different offsets from the localplayer base a bit and used it. Eventually found the correct offset that was working exactly the way that Robske described in his post.

/thread

Robske's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xcron View Post
    So I read the value at [[localplayerbase] + PLAYER_TRACK_RESOURCES] and I get "55485c43" which does not really resemble anything close to (credits: Robske):

Never said that >.>

[[object+0x8]+PLAYER_TRACK_RESOURCES*4]

Descriptor access derp
    "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live." - Martin Golding
    "I cried a little earlier when I had to poop" - Sku

Xcron's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Robske View Post

Never said that >.>

[[object+0x8]+PLAYER_TRACK_RESOURCES*4]

Descriptor access derp
    No you tard, I meant credits to you for your post in that other thread...the thing I put in the quote block. The one where you indicate values for PLAYER_TRACK_RESOURCES.