188/531
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live editing mesh (1.12.1)

Last edited by DarkLinux; 12-16-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Screenshot Thread
  2. Thanks Jadd, MrNoble, squiggy, homer91 (4 members gave Thanks to DarkLinux for this useful post)
    luckruns0ut's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    5/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.12.1 bot I'm working on. At the moment I'm working on getting the features to a good level before I start actually using it. I have working navmesh support and combat but the combat isn't brilliant yet. In the near future it will be able to just wander around and grind for me, without the shitty primitive pre-recorded paths you always see people using.

I've just added an autofisher:

I know it isn't the most interesting thing in the world but I like seeing new shit in this thread
    Last edited by luckruns0ut; 01-06-2017 at 12:05 AM.

4. Thanks Corthezz (1 members gave Thanks to luckruns0ut for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    5/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a PID controller to face targets:

https://gfycat.com/FatalActiveAmazontreeboa

I don't like the way bots tend to behave when walking. Click to move is quite obvious because of the snapping behaviour and using CMovement::SetFacing alone with 'raw angles' doesn't look any different. Using the turning functions isn't any better because then it will turn at a constant rate and then when the turn rate is unmodified, the turn rate is too slow. I'm trying to make my movement system truly human-like by simulating mouse-turning, then I'm progressing onto strafing etc.

I decided to try out using a PID controller because it is a simple way to give the illusion that the player is mouse-turning. The cool thing about it is that you can easily tune the gain values to make it behave how you want with essentially no effort. You could even randomize the gain values so that every time you try and face something, the way it turns changes. For example, certain settings will make the bot overshoot its target (as if the user moved the mouse too far) before correcting the mistake and facing correctly. Other settings will be very accurate, very fast, quite slow and so on.

I watched this from another client and it looked like a human. The only thing that really gives it away is that it doesn't strafe or anything like that yet. (also in this test program it will constantly face them, which wouldn't be there in an actual profile)
    Last edited by luckruns0ut; 01-07-2017 at 07:27 PM.

6. Thanks Frosttall (1 members gave Thanks to luckruns0ut for this useful post)
    NotJuJuBoSc's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    3/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by luckruns0ut View Post
    Using a PID controller to face targets:

https://gfycat.com/FatalActiveAmazontreeboa

I don't like the way bots tend to behave when walking. Click to move is quite obvious because of the snapping behaviour and using CMovement::SetFacing alone with 'raw angles' doesn't look any different. Using the turning functions isn't any better because then it will turn at a constant rate and then when the turn rate is unmodified, the turn rate is too slow. I'm trying to make my movement system truly human-like by simulating mouse-turning, then I'm progressing onto strafing etc.

I decided to try out using a PID controller because it is a simple way to give the illusion that the player is mouse-turning. The cool thing about it is that you can easily tune the gain values to make it behave how you want with essentially no effort. You could even randomize the gain values so that every time you try and face something, the way it turns changes. For example, certain settings will make the bot overshoot its target (as if the user moved the mouse too far) before correcting the mistake and facing correctly. Other settings will be very accurate, very fast, quite slow and so on.

I watched this from another client and it looked like a human. The only thing that really gives it away is that it doesn't strafe or anything like that yet. (also in this test program it will constantly face them, which wouldn't be there in an actual profile)
    Funny I did the same with the same idea behind few days ago : Gfycat GIFs GIF | Create, Discover and Share on Gfycat

I'm pretty happy with the results aswell.

Thanks G/R
    5/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's surprisingly good right? I was researching drone flight controllers a few weeks ago for a simulator I was writing and pid controllers seemed pretty adequate for this sort of thing too.

You should post more of your project - I like seeing what people are up to

Icesythe7's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/111
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    need more screenshots people come on i know alot of vanilla bots atm and noones posting anything!

squiggy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    40/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really not as interesting as many other posts but heres a pic of a tbc bot ive been working on (and off) for about 9months now. Written in c# using greymagic and external asm injection.

Theres only a grinding and fishing botbase atm but both work well at this point and I plan to write something for gathering later on. Navigation is waypoint based, sort of, I recently rewrote it so my waypoint profiles are converted into a graph and use dijkstra's algorithm to generate paths. Makes for a slightly more intelligent and flexible system. The game logic runs through a simple interruptable state machine which works fairly well.

Still working on it but so far its been a fun and educational project ive been somewhat obsessed with

iRetainer
    Last edited by squiggy; 03-25-2017 at 09:22 AM.

11. Thanks ev0, homer91 (2 members gave Thanks to squiggy for this useful post)
    Torpedoes's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Doomsayer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where all dem screenshots at??

Got my hands on some open source tools and went wild. More photos available here.

13. Thanks squiggy, CrimeTime, Corthezz (3 members gave Thanks to Torpedoes for this useful post)
    Corthezz's Avatar Elite User Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    183/98
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A questing extension a user my community developed for the vanilla wow framework: REvent Zzuk 3.0 Quest Bot - YouTube
    Check my blog: https://zzuks.blogspot.com

15. Thanks culino2 (1 members gave Thanks to Corthezz for this useful post)
    namreeb's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    7/215
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Corthezz View Post
    A questing extension a user my community developed for the vanilla wow framework: REvent Zzuk 3.0 Quest Bot - YouTube
    That's pretty cool. I've always wanted to try something like this. I wanted to write a 'solver' for a given class and race to find the optimal ordering and selection of quests and their objectives, possibly also including grinding spots. It would be a standalone app that would query a database and write its 'solution' to an XML format which in turn could be loaded by a bot who would execute it.

karliky's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    6/27
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working on a new Machinima tool for legion and testing it with the GM Island

18. Thanks Frosttall, GHT (2 members gave Thanks to karliky for this useful post)
    FunnybunnyJR's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by FunnybunnyJR; 07-15-2017 at 07:10 PM. Reason: forgot how to post on forums

20. Thanks Jadd, karliky (2 members gave Thanks to FunnybunnyJR for this useful post)
    FunnybunnyJR's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (erroneous double post)

karliky's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    6/27
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FunnybunnyJR Which bit field value did you use to get that kind of rendering where the WMO walls are ripped of?
    The ultimate Machinima tool -> Bugcraft Studio https://noggaholic.github.io

air999's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/62
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by karliky View Post
    @FunnybunnyJR Which bit field value did you use to get that kind of rendering where the WMO walls are ripped of?
    (client version 3.3.5a / build 12340)

Code:
    // these are integer bitfields that control rendering settings. that is,
    // each bit in these variables turns something on or off. these are where
    // most of the weird effects in the video comes from
    var unk_s_enables = @encode(int*)(0xda0d08)
    var cworld_s_enables = @encode(int*)(0xda0d04)
    Last edited by air999; 07-17-2017 at 07:03 AM.