Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the weight case when empty ? I'm looking for another case for similar setup, atm using cooler master case I have to put part of the watercooling outside :/

Screenshot Thread
    Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JuJuBoSc View Post
    What about the weight case when empty ? I'm looking for another case for similar setup, atm using cooler master case I have to put part of the watercooling outside :/
    How big is your rad(s)? If it's a single 240 then the case I'm using is great. If you need room for two rads, or a 360, then you probably want to look at something bigger or more specialized.

For example, the new NZXT Switch has room for up to a 420mm rad up top (with enough clearance for a push/pull config) and a 240mm rad down the bottom. I've heard great things about it.

As far as the weight of my case, it's pretty ****ing heavy. Not as ridiculous as something like the Cosmos II, but it's still pretty hefty. Weights should be up on the thermaltake website afaik.

JuJuBoSc's Avatar Banned for scamming CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use medium size rad (Swiftech MCR120 Quiet Power 120mm Radiator at Xoxide! with ofc 2 fans) the problem is that the 2 580GTX take too much place so I can't fix the rad at the place it should be, so it just sit outside my case right now, which is a pain if I need to move it ...

Btw Intel serie K is ****ing awesome for overclocking, my 2600k can up to 4.4Ghz without modifying the vcore so yeah it's really great, I will maybe buy the 3930k as your report looks pretty good.

EDIT : Don't have any power issue ? I have Corsair 1100w and I can't plug my optical drive else I have some graphic issue on boot, and don't load windows at all ... no problem if I unplug it (or unplug another hard drive, but I need them )
    Last edited by JuJuBoSc; 03-12-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Bananenbrot's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just not as awesome as you, but for what exactly do you use your setup that can justify 32 gigs ram or a power consumption of 1100W? Is it just that 'got too much money' feeling?
    Don't get me wrong, this is not critisizing you in any way, but I'm just curious what people do with such monster machines.

Vandra's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    26/26
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Bananenbrot View Post
    or a power consumption of 1100W?
    GTX580 x2

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JuJuBoSc View Post
    I use medium size rad (Swiftech MCR120 Quiet Power 120mm Radiator at Xoxide! with ofc 2 fans) the problem is that the 2 580GTX take too much place so I can't fix the rad at the place it should be, so it just sit outside my case right now, which is a pain if I need to move it ...

Btw Intel serie K is ****ing awesome for overclocking, my 2600k can up to 4.4Ghz without modifying the vcore so yeah it's really great, I will maybe buy the 3930k as your report looks pretty good.

EDIT : Don't have any power issue ? I have Corsair 1100w and I can't plug my optical drive else I have some graphic issue on boot, and don't load windows at all ... no problem if I unplug it (or unplug another hard drive, but I need them )
    Nope, no power issues. I will give that a more focused test though, thanks for the reminder. (From memory OCCT has a mode specifically for PSU testing which loads everything at once, rather than just the GPU/CPU/etc in isolation). I've been playing BF3 though at max resolution, and have noticed no problems, so I think I should be fine.

Originally Posted by Bananenbrot View Post
    I'm just not as awesome as you, but for what exactly do you use your setup that can justify 32 gigs ram or a power consumption of 1100W? Is it just that 'got too much money' feeling?
    Don't get me wrong, this is not critisizing you in any way, but I'm just curious what people do with such monster machines.

Programming and gaming basically. Lol. Memory disappears quickly when you're running a couple of VMs, Chrome with 30-odd tabs, all your miscellaneous apps, and then you want to fire up a game quickly to test the latest modifications to your hack or w/e, find out you've made a mistake, and want to leave the game running while you recompile your application (C++ compilers suck up stupid amounts of memory if you let them, I must say I envy pretty much every other language in that regard). Plus, whatever is 'left over' just gets used by Windows as a cache to speed up app launch time, so it's not wasted or anything. I'd rather have more RAM than I need and not have to worry about it than not have enough.

As for the power-hungry GPUs, that's just because I like playing games, and I wanted a setup that could pump out 60-120FPS at 5760x1080. So yeah, that one's not really 'justified' I guess.

sitnspinlock's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i recently had a surplus of money and intended to build something close to the same. somehow i ended up buying 2 ar-15's, got one converted to belt feed and 2k worth of ammunition which was pissed away in one weekend.

i must say though, it would be enjoyable to KD with a VM where i can actually afford to give it more then 1gb of ram lol..

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by everdox View Post
    i recently had a surplus of money and intended to build something close to the same. somehow i ended up buying 2 ar-15's, got one converted to belt feed and 2k worth of ammunition which was pissed away in one weekend.

i must say though, it would be enjoyable to KD with a VM where i can actually afford to give it more then 1gb of ram lol..
    Haha nice! That must've been awesome fun. Totally worth it right?

But yeah, being able to throw 4GB or even 8GB at a VM makes a huge difference in terms of responsiveness.

EDIT:

Woot, managed to get my voltages a little lower, and I'm now never more than TJMax-15.
    Last edited by Cypher; 03-14-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really like reading on my phone or computer, so I decided to print out some light reading:

The left and middle stacks are the first and second half of the C++11 standard respectively, and for reference, on the right is the C++03 standard (basically half the size). Okay, maybe it's not THAT light...

sitnspinlock's Avatar Elite User CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree. I have so many books that are pdf's (related to computing obviously) and i just can't stand reading them on screen. something about a physical book is just better. even if it's on my lap while on the computer.

but THAT on mah lap.. damn son ;p

SKU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I don't really like reading on my phone or computer, <snip>
    Amen to that. Although sometimes the physical copy is a bitch aswell... "A Dance with Dragons", looking at you!

DarkLinux's Avatar Former Staff
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    188/531
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at my School we get 1000 free pages for the printer... Some people think "How could you ever use all that"... Well 1 hour into the 1st day of classes I ran out on my 2nd ASM txt book.

http://www.csit.carleton.ca/~pbeirne...tm32f100xx.pdf

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by everdox View Post
    i agree. I have so many books that are pdf's (related to computing obviously) and i just can't stand reading them on screen. something about a physical book is just better. even if it's on my lap while on the computer.

but THAT on mah lap.. damn son ;p
    Yeah I have pretty much all my books in hard-copy form, I just can't stand reading large amounts on a screen. Amazon loves me.

I even have hard copies of the intel reference manuals from before they stopped sending them out for free on request (now they direct you to a 3rd party printer who charges for them ).

DarkLinux's Avatar Former Staff
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    188/531
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its fun to make pointless random videos.

Cen01's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    luv u blizz0rd
    Last edited by Cen01; 12-16-2012 at 10:27 PM.