0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WotLK question

I'm not sure how this works, but there are many quests in WotLK where you take control of a vehicle. A lot of these quests give you control of extremely powerful "vehicles" that pretty much destroy everything in the small area that you're allowed to use them in(including the opposite faction). The problem is that as soon as you enter a new subzone you are kicked out of the vehicle. Is the detection of entering a new subzone client side or server side? Would it be possible to edit something in the memory, making it so your subzone doesn't change as you run around? If so, would that allow you to stay in the vehicle and use it anywhere? I've tried using cheat engine to find such an address, but I really have no idea how to effectively use it. Any ideas?

Sorry for the extreme noobishness towards memory editing.
    Last edited by Bossqwerty; 08-30-2008 at 09:15 PM.

WotLK question
    Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Bossqwerty View Post
    I'm not sure how this works, but there are many quests in WotLK where you take control of a vehicle. A lot of these quests give you control of extremely powerful "vehicles" that pretty much destroy everything in the small area that you're allowed to use them in(including the opposite faction). The problem is that as soon as you enter a new subzone you are kicked out of the vehicle. Is the detection of entering a new subzone client side or server side? Would it be possible to edit something in the memory, making it so your subzone doesn't change as you run around? If so, would that allow you to stay in the vehicle and use it anywhere? I've tried using cheat engine to find such an address, but I really have no idea how to effectively use it. Any ideas?

Sorry for the extreme noobishness towards memory editing.

Bossqwerty's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for contributing to the thread, Cypher. Your post was both helpful and informative. Judging from your other posts you seem to be a staple member of this community. I had no idea my post may have been noobish, I mean, it's not like I apologized in advance or anything...right? It's a good thing we've got people like you around here, what would we do without so called "legendary users" belittling people who aren't as savvy as they are with memory editing. It's a great way to build the community! If everyone around here is like you it's no wonder the memory editing community is so small. You may think you're all high and mighty because you know oh so much, but if everyone was as useless as you, then you would be in the same position I am =/. Oh, and I guess I should apologize for trying to broaden my knowledge of how memory editing works. Sorry!
    Last edited by Bossqwerty; 08-30-2008 at 10:36 PM.

Shynd's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ever notice how you don't get dismounted during times if server lag? Must be client side, right? Come on, some things are common sense no matter what your expertise level with programming or memory editing. You just have to put forth the effort necessary and ****ing THINK about the issue. That's a lot to ask, I know. It is, however, the only way to avoid Cypher and his incessant--albeit sometimes necessary and nearly always warranted--face-palming.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I realize now how glaringly obvious it is that moving from subzone to subzone is server side. That's why even when the server is lagging, you STILL move to new subzones. That ALMOST leads me to believe that it just might be client side. Next time I'll make sure I'm an expert on the topic I have questions about, before I ask any questions. Because that makes sense.

Edit: Also, location is client side. That's why there are teleport hacks. So unless I'm really misunderstanding this whole thing, why would you not be able to move around while making the server still think you're in a certain subzone?
    Last edited by Bossqwerty; 08-30-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Edge94's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm i never even heard of this, and besides, take it easy on him, he simply asked a question, even though it can be nubish, it still deservers a decent/simple answer, sorry about the criticism Bozzqwerty

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for contributing to the thread, Cypher. Your post was both helpful and informative. Judging from your other posts you seem to be a staple member of this community. I had no idea my post may have been noobish, I mean, it's not like I apologized in advance or anything...right? It's a good thing we've got people like you around here, what would we do without so called "legendary users" belittling people who aren't as savvy as they are with memory editing. It's a great way to build the community! If everyone around here is like you it's no wonder the memory editing community is so small. You may think you're all high and mighty because you know oh so much, but if everyone was as useless as you, then you would be in the same position I am =/. Oh, and I guess I should apologize for trying to broaden my knowledge of how memory editing works. Sorry!
    I didn't belittle you because you were a 'noob' or 'new to memory editing' or trying to 'broaden your knowledge', I encourage people to do that and constantly field questions on MSN/IRC/etc and to a lesser extent on here (the reason for this being the questions here tend to come from those in a much lower IQ bracket as you have so aptly demonstrated). The reason I belittled you is because you didn't use any common sense or try a search engine before posting such a dumb**** question.

Then to top it of you try and flame me? Good work retard.

Yes, I realize now how glaringly obvious it is that moving from subzone to subzone is server side. That's why even when the server is lagging, you STILL move to new subzones. That ALMOST leads me to believe that it just might be client side. Next time I'll make sure I'm an expert on the topic I have questions about, before I ask any questions. Because that makes sense.

Edit: Also, location is client side. That's why there are teleport hacks. So unless I'm really misunderstanding this whole thing, why would you not be able to move around while making the server still think you're in a certain subzone?
    Yes you are really misunderstanding this whole thing, which is why you should think twice before trying to flame the people who actually know what they're talking about (Shynd, Kynox, Myself, etc). Movment is of course handled client-side, the server can't move for you, but the server obviously verifies the integrity of what you send it, you can't just send it fake xyz coords and expect that to work. I assume the teleport hacks your referring to are those on private servers, the reason those works is because private server anticheat code is generally quite inferior compared to that of live servers, getting teleportation working on live servers is possible but requires a lot of work and intimiate knowledge of the game and its internals.

The server HAS to know at all times where you are, what zone you are in, what map you are in, etc. For this reason you can't just freeze a clientside variable because when you move the server checks your XYZ and will know if you have moved into a different zone.

Noone is asking you to be an expert before you ask, just to use some basic common sense.

PS. Protip: Don't flame the people who can help you, whether you like it or not we CAN flame you because you're obviously a noob and there's nothing in it for us if we help you, but when you're trying to get information from us you might want to try and use a bit of discretion before posting, you'll look like less of a retard that way.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See? That wasn't so difficult. If you had just done that in the first place you might not have made yourself look like such an egotistical douche. Oh well, too late now. Teleport hacks used to work fine on live servers by the way. Half of what you said doesn't even make sense, I shouldn't flame you guys because you know what you're talking about? Um, if you actually helped and shared that information I'd have no need to. I have a feeling your IQ may be in a slightly lower bracket than you may believe.

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See? That wasn't so difficult. If you had just done that in the first place you might not have made yourself look like such an egotistical douche. Oh well, too late now. Teleport hacks used to work fine on live servers by the way. Half of what you said doesn't even make sense, I shouldn't flame you guys because you know what you're talking about? Um, if you actually helped and shared that information I'd have no need to. I have a feeling your IQ may be in a slightly lower bracket than you may believe.
    If by "used to work fine" you mean "in beta and about 1 or 2 patches after that and then never worked that easily since" then yes, but given thats a retarded interpretation that only shows that you too are retarded. The reason half of it didn't make sense is because YOU ARE A MORON AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT (as is evident from your original post). At telling me I should've "helped" you to begin with, you're operating under the misconception that I CARE. If I don't want to help and instead want to flame you that's my prerogative, I don't have to share any information if I don't want to. I'll start caring when you start paying me, until then its my time and I'll do what I feel like with it, if that happens to be flaming you then tough, try being less stupid next time. PS. Given you're the one asking stupid questions you're not in a position to question my intelligence, I on the other hand am in quite a good position to question yours given the stupidity of your original post and the irony of you alluding to me being 'stupid'.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, apparently you haven't been around here very long. The last I remember teleport hacking working on live was for a while after dire maul was released. And I hate to break it to you, but that was many patches after beta. Who's the retard now?

Also, great exploits aren't found by using common sense. In fact, it's the complete opposite. But as you've demonstrated, you know very little about exploiting, both past and present. I would recommend that you stay in the memory editing forums, as to not further contaminate the community with your stupidity.

Jens's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *gets some popcorn*

Cursed's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jensecj View Post
    *gets some popcorn*
    *sits left to Jensecj, throws 1 +Rep, grabs some popcorn and waits*

kynox's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I realize now how glaringly obvious it is that moving from subzone to subzone is server side. That's why even when the server is lagging, you STILL move to new subzones. That ALMOST leads me to believe that it just might be client side
    You didn't notice the client instantly transitioning to the new zone, yet no server side objects loaded? It takes a real retard to not notice an empty zone.

Also, great exploits aren't found by using common sense. In fact, it's the complete opposite.
    Great exploits found like that are the ones found by people who lack the intelligence to find it the correct way. IE: You.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I'm sure being wrong will be quite the blow to your bloated ego, this will be my last post. I wouldn't want to harm your astronomical epeen any further than I already have. Proceed with somehow making it look like I misunderstood you, that I am actually the stupid one, that you are better than me, or anything else that'll help you sleep tonight.

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kynox, you're either incredibly retarded or you didn't understand my original post. Im just going to assume it's the latter, for your sake. Although your comment implying exploits are found via common sense has me wondering. I'm going to stay out of these forums, I can feel the communities average IQ dropping 5 points every time one of you purple name guys make a post. Is the purple color a way to identify our special needs members or something? Later.
    Last edited by Bossqwerty; 08-31-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast