Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I bot on an alt account, does my main have any risk of being banned?

I am thinking to start botting/selling gold on an alt account with a different name, email, info, etc.I am only planning on using 1 account at a time. If I use the bot and sell gold from the same computer/IP/etc. does my main account have any chance of being banned? I am not planning on dealing with the gold or mats or anything from my alt account, they will be completely separate. If my main does have a chance of being detected and banned even though I am not botting on it, how can I protect myself?

If I bot on an alt account, does my main have any risk of being banned?
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, there's always a risk. From experience, they normally ban the bot account and leave other accounts alone. It's when you get into lots of bots on a single IP, do they ban entire IP's
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

3. Thanks Jomomma (1 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    Jomomma's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SniffingPickles View Post
    Yes, there's always a risk. From experience, they normally ban the bot account and leave other accounts alone. It's when you get into lots of bots on a single IP, do they ban entire IP's
    Hey! Thanks a lot for the response! So I should be fine if I'm only botting 1 account on the IP? about 8 months ago I had an alt account get banned for botting and my other accounts remained untouched, and about 3 months ago I had my main account banned for gold selling, and again, my other accounts remained untouched. Do you think that if I'm only botting/selling on 1 account I'll be fine then?

ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jomomma View Post
    Hey! Thanks a lot for the response! So I should be fine if I'm only botting 1 account on the IP? about 8 months ago I had an alt account get banned for botting and my other accounts remained untouched, and about 3 months ago I had my main account banned for gold selling, and again, my other accounts remained untouched. Do you think that if I'm only botting/selling on 1 account I'll be fine then?
    If you're botting and getting banned, more than a few times at this point, then no. I don't feel you're safe. They're cracking down hard on bots and their masters, so your best bet is to circumvent their minimal detection methods and only bot on accounts you're willing to lose (including battle.net entire account + IP)
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

Jomomma's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SniffingPickles View Post
    If you're botting and getting banned, more than a few times at this point, then no. I don't feel you're safe. They're cracking down hard on bots and their masters, so your best bet is to circumvent their minimal detection methods and only bot on accounts you're willing to lose (including battle.net entire account + IP)
    So you think I should bot using a VPN? I have only been banned for botting on a single account, which was on a different battle.net.

zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you log in on both accounts from the same IP, it's a good idea to get a VPN. However, you want to get one with a dedicated IP, so that you can assure that no one else used the same IP for scamming/botting.

dealerx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change always IP before botting and never log main account while botter is active main (account will get same ip as bot = bye bye). Best thing is use two separate computer and a fake vpn, I'm not sure if you can run two differents IP on the same machine (even virtual machine, i tried without success), but well these are some tips you should never forget