Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you deal with Warrior PQR'ing? (Bash, istant overpower)

Hello, I have a question, what do you do to survive (both as healer and as dps) when you got a warrior on you that bashes istant (or at 0.001 end cast), and overpower even before you can actually see your cast bar? The bash can be fakeable like 50/50 but the overpower..its just.... insane, i tried several times and 0 chance to fake that, it's definitely impossible.

So what's your solution? I tried also creating a macro like "/cast Holy Light /stopcasting" but it cancels too fast and the warrior's pqr seems way too much intelligent...:confused:

How do you deal with Warrior PQR'ing? (Bash, istant overpower)
    Feroxide's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello there, I'm playin 3.3.5a actually so I do not know exactly what does those spells do now but If I were you I'd time his bash to know when it's available and then I'd do someting like using a fire spell if I'm frost oriented, this way one of his skill will be perma useless.

dealerx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Feroxide View Post
    hello there, I'm playin 3.3.5a actually so I do not know exactly what does those spells do now but If I were you I'd time his bash to know when it's available and then I'd do someting like using a fire spell if I'm frost oriented, this way one of his skill will be perma useless.
    I'm playing 3.3.5 too, the overpower combined to mrotal strike reduces healing to 75% meaning if you are a healer tunneled by a war and got mortal+overpower youre going to die soo unless u get some godlike peel from your partners. No matter when his bash is available, i can see it from interruptbar, the problem is the bash is fakeable, sometimes, but the overpower, which is a proc, can't be faked and can't be predicted. When it procs, the pqr just wait the first thing u cast and bam.... at 0.00001 of your cast here u got a nice overpower, no matter which school. And the bash oviously is not stupid to kick wrong school, it kicks nature, holy and important spells... not a lava burst..I said, its very intelligent. And annoying.

Feroxide's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 3.3.5a Warrior around 6K GS pvp stuff long time ago and I'm pretty sure that overpower does not reduce any heal, it's an attack that proc after a dodge and It do like 60-70% chance to crit + undodgeable.

Are you sure this add a heal reduction ? Im pretty sure it does not do that, does this changes comes from your server ?
    ms =50% heal reduction we agree on that.

I also had around 6k+ GS PVP warlock on molten-wow , I played with a RDudu and I do not remember to have had any heal problems against the tons of War/Hpaly I've met. I think I would have remembered such a huge 75% heal reduction.

To come back on a possible solution I do only see 2 things to do actually :
    Open a thicket or post on the forum to say he is obviously cheating.
    Creat a new account with a level 1 character, go into a Inn for the instant disconnect stuff and then /whisper him something like : You should stop to use PQR if you dont wanna run in trouble dude, then you instant disconnect for he cannot see you are level 1 cuz of he will understand that you are one of his enemy
    Last edited by Feroxide; 11-16-2016 at 10:27 AM.

dealerx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Feroxide View Post
    I had a 3.3.5a Warrior around 6K GS pvp stuff long time ago and I'm pretty sure that overpower does not reduce any heal, it's an attack that proc after a dodge and It do like 60-70% chance to crit + undodgeable.

Are you sure this add a heal reduction ? Im pretty sure it does not do that, does this changes comes from your server ?
    It procs when u dodge but every tick of Rend makes it proc too. It's the Taste for Blood buff, if you overpower someone while he is casting, you will 50% their healing and spell damage done (combined to mortal its 75% total healing reduction)

I'm sorry you didnt know this (and you are a Warrior!), but well I'm not joking. And If you didn't notice that vs enemies is because

1) You played with RDruid which barely casts
    2) You played on molten = people are mongoloid and can loose with full BiS gear/SMourne against leveling green gear. Not surprising if they cannot use overpower or even Mortal Strike
    3) You didn't play past 2k, 2k2

And whispering them doesn't make any sense, people at high ratings can do what they want, and most of them are friend with staff, they are hacking/wintrading and exploiting since years and getting titles every season, do you think a whisper from a random guy will stop them? Everyone know they script but no one does nothing. I'm not saying they are bad and carried by scripts (those guys are usually stuck at 2k) but well facing them and getting stomped just because hacks it's pretty demotivating. Talking about warriors only, other classes are normal, even if they script it's not a big deal, you can beat them if you're smarter. This doesn't work with warrior hacks sadly.

Ravenh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the script always bashes at the same time it could be avoided if it randomly bashes it's harder then.
    Last edited by Ravenh; 07-15-2017 at 11:52 AM.

dealerx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ravenh View Post
    If the script always bashes at the same time it could be avoided if it randomly bashes it's harder then.
    I can fake the bash, no matter if it kicks randomly or at fixed time of the cast, same for Kick, Mind Freeze, Wind Shear. I'm pretty good at faking. the problem is the overpower Unrelenting Assault, there's no way I can fake that, tried multiple times and at leat for me it's impossible when it's scripted at beginning of the cast.

CrazyCo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Track his gcd and cast only when he's unable to overpower (scripted or manual, both work for me).

You can eat interrupts if you time it, since it also reduces his damage output (loses rage on stance switch, or weapon gcds from having to swap to shield and back).

For example holy shock --> eat pummel, then you have ~6 second timeframe to either fake his overpower or see if he uses it for damage anyway, then you can free cast.

On my priest I prefer to not tank warriors at all and have team mate(s) peel them, otherwise I just use instants, taking UA is too risky sometimes.